Chapter 6

The Truth [Stopped]

Finally a quick update huh? :) Today is officially the day that I'm off from school, I just finished my math exam a few hours ago >0< I hope I pass! Thanks for reading, subscribing, and comment! ^^ I hope you'll enjoy this too, but unfortunately, this chapter will also not how Jo Kwon and Ga In officially meet yet, a 1st impression when they first see each other from far away :D I had to rewatch WGM just so then I could write this chapter properly. XD

Sorry if there are any grammatical or spelling mistakes, I did not really read over it or anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Recap:

Jo Kwon

After it was all quiet again, I too start getting ready. Since my schedule is a little bit later than theirs, I had some time to myself.

After getting prepared and checking that I had everything thing that I needed, it was time to go. With perfect timing, the door bell rang.

"It's time."

Ga In

"Why do what to keep lying? We've known you for a long time so we know your true feelings, even if you don't, or just wouldn't admit it." Jea said while squeezing my cheeks.

I brushed away her hands and got up, "Let's just stop talking about this and start practicing again. Break has been over a long time ago."

"There's no way that I love him, never." I kept repeating this over and over to myself, but my heart said something else, "Stop lying to yourself."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6

 

Jo Kwon - 1st POV

 

"Alright, I am all set, we can go now hyung." I said, carrying a backpack that was almost the same size as me in height, but not in width. In my hands, I carried the mongoose body costume with the head on top. "This is going to be good." I thought to myself, a naughty smile crept on to my face as I patted the mongoose's head.

 

While we were driving, I was putting on the costume over the clothes that I was already wearing. I had to be ready before we stop to pick up the cameramen for MBC's WGM.

 

"Why are you wearing that?"

 

"It's a surprise" I answered my manager.

 

"Well that must be a strange surprise. That costume look really hot, try not to wear it for too long, I don't you want you to be fainting in the middle of filming." My manager said, I noticed the concern in his voice.

 

I put on a big smile and said, "Well I am a strange guy you know, and soon to be strange husband. Don't worry about anything, I will be careful."

 

This caused my hyung to laugh aloud. "Well you are right about that!"

 

A few minutes later, my manager parked the nanny van in from of the MBC studio. Outside the window, I saw two cameramen waiting for us and the PD. I politely greeted them and helped them settled in the car. When everyone was ready to start, they started asking me questions. Of course they asked about my costume and if I was nervous about my wife and all that good stuff. They also asked me about whom I wanted as a wife and who I thought she was going to be. Since I was also curious about who my wife was going to be, I asked the PD who my wife was going to be, but of course, she said it was a secret. 

 

During the first 20 minutes of the car ride, the camera would be very close to my face, and every time there was a bump in the road, I would have to avoid getting him by the camera. Sometimes I just don't understand why they can't just zoom in or something. If something goes wrong, I may go blind; though I'm just probably freaking out too much. After the staff thought that they got enough footage, they stopped filming. This gave me time to discuss the filming with the PD and understand how everything was going to go. 

 

I glanced out the window and noticed that we were heading towards the park. "Asking one more time couldn't hurt."

 

"PD-ssi, do you think that I can know who my wife is now? We are already here and I am very curious to know." I gave her my puppy dog look and gave a slight pout. I can see her hesitate a little, but it was useless, she still refused to tell me. Usually when I give this look, everyone would always do what I want, I was a little bit upset that it did not work this time around.

 

Before I left with the cameramen, the PD signaled me over and whispered to me, "Do not worry, you will not be disappointed." I thanked her for telling me this but I couldn't help thinking, "but I already am." It was already dark when I arrived, I was afraid that by the time that my wife came, she would not be able to find me. I laughed to myself a little bit as I place the mongoose head on mine, "nor will she know that it is me." As I headed up the hill, some couples were holding hands, hugging, and feeding each other. "I wish I could do this with Ga In-ssi too. . ."

 

I mind slapped myself. "Think reasonably Jo Kwon, the most progress you can make in one day is talking with each other, how can you already expect to hold each others' hands, you idiot!" After scolding myself, I thought about whether or not IU knows about these rumors and such that are floating around recently. My mind kept me busy as I lost track of time. I paid no attention to the cameramen that were following my every step since I was used to it now. 

 

On my way up, I heard some a woman, or maybe a girl, yelped out of shock while I was walking. A mongoose is not a thing that you see as a everyday thing. I chuckle into the head, "wait until they find out who was underneath this costume!"

 

By the time the time that I have finally reached the peak of the hill, I was extremely hot and tired, and wearing this suit didn't help. I first looked around to see if she had arrived first, but there was no one there. After knowing that she still has arrived yet, my legs gave out as I bent down to sit on a rock as I waited anxiously for the arrival of my wife. 

 

From time to time, I would lift the head of the mongoose up so then I could get a breath of fresh air and let some hot air out as cold air comes in. I waited and waited, but still no wife. I tried doing many things to ease my boredom but nothing helped. I sigh as I lift the head up once again. 

 

"Why isn't she here already?! How can she be late on her first recording, how rude!" I did not voice out my complaints since, for one, it would ruin my image, and second, it would make other look at me with a view, thirdly, it is just plain mean, which is not my style. But that doesn't mean that I can't say it to myself.

 

I looked around; the staffs were also getting very tired. There was nothing meaningful to record; they were also kept waiting. Sometime later, I noticed more and more cameramen arriving and setting up their equipment. I also saw the PD arriving with the crew. 

 

"Does this mean that she arrived?" I looked around franticly, but there was still no prevail. Because of this, I was very angry, and then worried. I was worried if anything bad has happened to my wife as she was on her way here. "Maybe she got into an accident!" The sky was already much darker than it was when I arrived. Seeing that there was no frantic PD, I was reassured that no such thing has happened. 

 

After walking around and getting tired again, I sat back down on the rock and just started thinking. "Why am I the one who always has to wait?" I sigh in despair, "I guess my fate is to be the one who is always waiting . . . and waiting. Something good better come out of this! At least my waiting has brought me much success . . . but that took me 8 whole years to obtain!"

 

While thinking about this, I heard a shout. "She's here! She's finally here!" My anger from before dispersed at once I heard her voice. My nervousness to meet her wouldn't allow me to be angry. My heart rate rose with excitement as I saw the top of her head, then her eyes. . . "were IU's eyes always been that small, how strange." As soon as I saw here, the world has stopped moving, my heart also skipped, but it skipped a beat too many.

 

"Is that . . . SON GA IN!" My eyes bulged out behind the mongoose head. "Nahh I must be seeing things, I can't even see properly out of this mask. I'm getting married to IU not Ga In, she probably just changed her style and image, that's all."

_________

_________

_________

 

Ga In - 1st POV

 

"It's time." The staff member told us before he walked out of the waiting room. 

 


I sighed and tried to keep my mind clear of other things to focus only on my performance. "Come on Ga In, this is the last performance for today, you can do this!" After giving myself a small pep talk, I quickly taped on my ear piece into place before walking out with my unnis. As I passed a mirror in the hallway, I quickly over myself to see if anything was out of place. 


"Ga In-ah! What are you doing hurry up!" Jea shouted at me from the other end of the hallway. I ran towards them and apologized for making them wait.

 

 

"Sorry unni, I was just double checking myself for anything out of place before I get on stage."

 

 

"Okay, I was worried that there was something wrong with you."

 

 

I gave Jea a smile for her kindness towards me.
"There's nothing for you to worry about, come on, it's time." I took Jea by her hands and walked up the stairs that led to the bright stage, our audience awaiting us.

 


When we all came on stage, there were loud cheers and applause, welcoming us, but also for their anticipation of our performance. I quickly moved to my position and a few seconds later, the song began.


While performing, I was able to forget all of my worries and engulf myself into the booming music and the screams of the audience. On the parts where we do our signature moves, that is when the cheers are at the loudest. It gives me shivers when I think about my fans screaming and spazzing because of us, this is one of my sources of obtaining happiness and joy in life. That is probably one of the reasons why I went into the entertainment company.

 


After performing our hit song, we said our thank yous and goodnights before we left the stage waving. No longer being seen by the audience anymore, we all express our weariness that we bottled up inside. On our way back to our waiting room, we thanked the staffs that passed by and said simple greeting to stars.

 

When finally reaching the room, I saw a mailbox waiting for us. This shocked me and everyone else because this was not an everyday thing that we see. I was the first one to go towards it and as I was about to open it, I heard, "Boom!"

 

 

It gave me a bit of a scare; apparently it was just Jea playing around and being a child as always. I almost thought that she was calling out Boom, "is this some kind of foreshadowing thing happening right now . . . ?"

 

 

When I took out the mail's contents and saw the label on the card, my heart started racing and I became more nervous. "This is probably for me" I thought to myself as I see everyone crowding around the card to read its contents. Since I wasn't brave enough to read it myself, I handed the card over to Jea to read.

 

"Today is the first day of your fake marriage.

After your performance, head to the promised meeting location and find your other half."

'Meeting Location: City of Gumi, OkGeDong Park'

 

"I don't even know where that is! How can even I get there?" I said to my unnis. Being the irresponsible and unknowledgeable unnis they are, they tell me to just rely on the GPS. With the location put aside, I was worried about the time of day that we were meeting each other, it is currently 10:00 PM. "What if Boom tries to do something?! I guess it can't be helped since I had a performance.

 

I can see from my unnis eyes that they were jealous of me, and I felt bad, even if I was getting married to Boom. Even though I do want them to find their own other half, I don't want them to leave me for another man. In the car, my unnis started acting like idiots, talking about how I am already going to be living with another man. Though my outer appearance seemed okay and nervous, I did not want to meet Boom. He is totally not my ideal type, even if he is older than me.

 

Because the staffs were already filming, I did not want to show an angry face and tried to act normal. Then Jea mentioned the most important thing, my makeup.

 

"My makeup is my life!! What am I going to do? I can't just go to sleep with them on! Why is being me so HARD!!" But for some reason, even though makeup is my life, I was not able to fully express my emotions because my disappointment of marrying Boom was a worse matter than that. My mind was not fully paying attention to the things that everyone was talking about. If anyone saw me, they would've just thought that I was just nervous. 

 

Time passed quickly during the drive as everyone tried to cram in lessons on being a wife and dominating your husband and not do anything. "I am not going to do anything if he ends up as my husband. If only it was Jo Kwon, I would want to take care of him." Of course I couldn't say that aloud, I would feel like I am being rude to the people who choose Boom as my husband. 

 

I did not fully believe that Boom was my husband, but from the way that the unnis kept talking about how Boom was chosen, I myself started to believe it too. Now the hope of obtaining Jo Kwon has vanished though I couldn't help but still wish.

 

During the car ride, I finally voiced out my complaint. I couldn't help it, they started talking about Boom again. The unnis already knew that I didn't want him, and this was their way of teasing me and getting their payback for all of the times I made fun of them. Which since they have a lot that they have to pay me back for. I then suddenly felt a bump in the road, then the car turned. I looked out of the window to see where I am, but it was no use. Knowing that I am meeting my husband right now, even if it is Boom, I was nervous. I kept fidgeting and I kept blinking my eyes. As I stepped out of the car, I looked at myself in a hand mirror, "I might as well look good at least."

 

Seeing that no one else was getting off besides me and the cameramen, I asked if any of them were coming, but of course they said no. I didn't want to be alone with Boom, he'll probably be saying some stupid jokes that aren't even funny. I want someone like Jo Kwon to make me laugh. After my unnis coldly closed the door on me, I see them driving off. As a last minute resort, I rushed to the front of the car and shouted, "Don't go!~" They just waved me good bye.

 

"Unni~ I'm scared! What if it's really Boom oppa?" I complained to the van that was leaving me behind. At this moment, I felt lost both physically and mentally. I don't even know this place and I can't decide whether or not I should runaway. "Don't be such a wussy. At least you only have to be married to him a day and that is all. Now let's get this over with!" After a few minutes of walking, I was already tired. I just came back from a concert, and now they want me to hike up a hill, what is wrong with these people!

 

Finally making it up to the hill, I cried out of tiredness and complaint. I complained about the meeting place and why they would want me to work so hard for someone like Boom. Why couldn't we just meet in the bottom?! Why is it that I always have to work so hard to achieve success in life? The end result better be good or else I am going to be mad, though I am mad right now. 

"This ! I'm tired and I just want to go to sleep! If  it was Jo Kwon, I would've ran up the hill, but I got Boom." As I thought about how I was now working very hard right now just walking up the hill, I should give something back. "I should stalled for more time or something, I should've made him wait for two hours after the meeting time!"

 

When I finally lifted my suitcase over the last step, I saw this strange brown thing sitting on a rock. As soon as he turned around, I started laughing out of shock and amazement. "This seems like something Jo Kwon would do . . ." I thought to myself sadly. "But he isn't Jo Kwon so deal with it and get this thing over it." I can't believe that I even tried comparing Jo Kwon to Boom, not even in a hundred years would Boom be a match for Jo Kwon. As I walked towards the sitting mongoose, I was a bit annoyed since I was very tired. My panting was hard enough to be heard on the mic that was attached to me.

 

"Let's get this done and over with."

 

"Both halfs don't trust their eyes to know the truth about their loved ones. One half has patience while the other has hard work. Can these two halves become one or will they just remain as halves?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I finally finished!! This took the whole day! And for the first time, a quick update :) Thank you for reading, please comment! I am now going to start watching the AC episodes all over again. Yay winter break! ^^

For the other chapter updates, I just changed the font and size since I noticed that it's a bit too small.