Fluffy towel

My Xiuhan oneshot collection

Sometimes, Minseok and Luhan fight. 

 

 

It's never anything big, but sometimes it's big enough to send Luhan running out of their apartment, ears flat against his head and tail curled around his own waist. In those moments Minseok will realize how wrong the situation is, and call out for Luhan until the other is gone down the street. And then Minseok will wait for an hour, wait for Luhan to return, because he always does.  

 

 

This time is no different.  

 

 

An hour after Luhan had made his grand escape he returns, muddy and soaked from the heavy rain. Minseok brings him into his arms as soon as the door is closed, having seen the way Luhan's eyes were shaking from fright, and it's only then that Minseok realizes the thunderstorm going on outside. Luhan has always been terrified of thunder, ever since Minseok picked him up from the back alley behind the club he works at.  

 

He makes quick work on getting Luhan into the bathroom, running a warm bath while he helps Luhan undress out of his soaked clothing. He helps Luhan into the bath and the other mewls in displeasure as he look sup at Minseok with sad eyes, and Minseok gets the hint. It's not long before he's joined Luhan in the bath, kneading shampoo into the other's dirt-matted hair, humming a soft tune into Luhan's ear. Once done, he declares them both clean and is about to exit the bath to get them some clean towels, when Luhan's tail suddenly takes hold of his arm.  

 

"I'm sorry Minseok." Luhan has his head bowed down, black cat ears twitching unhappily on top of his light brown hair. Minseok gives a little sad smile and ruffles Luhan's wet hair, exiting the bath after prying Luhan's tail off. He returns dressed in sweatpants and with a huge fluffy towel in his hands, wrapping it around Luhan's sniffling form once the other is out of the bath.  

 

 

"It's alright Luhan, it wasn't your fault. I'm sorry too, I should've listened to you instead of raising my voice." Minseok rubs Luhan dry while the other purrs in content, massaging and kneading soft cat ears with the towel until every speck of fur is completely dry. Luhan's tail gets the same treatment and it isn't long before they're both sitting on the couch, Minseok cuddling a very content lump of towel and cat in his lap.  

 

 

The lump giggles and purrs when Minseok hugs it a bit tighter, and Minseok thinks that even though they may fight from time to time, the moments after are some of the ones he cherish the most.