To hold and to love

My Xiuhan oneshot collection

"Oh my God. No, no, no! This can't be happening! Okay, calm down Luhan, it's probably just broken or something. Do another one okay? This one must be old or something." 

 

 

An hour later Luhan found himself on the couch in the living room, head in his hands as he tried to will himself not to cry. It didn't exactly work out. As the tears blurred his vision, he stared straight ahead at the coffee-table. Or not the coffee-table itself, but the small pile of sticks that laid on top of it. Each stick was marked with two, red taunting lines.  

 

 

It was a fact now. Luhan, 22 years old and still in school, was pregnant with his boyfriend's child.  

 

 

More tears poured out as Luhan muffled his own sobs with his fisted hands, swiftly bringing one of them to knock the pile of tests off the table in pure frustration and fright. His sobs grew louder and louder as he let himself cry out loud, not wanting to hold it in anymore. "H-How am I g-going to tell M-Minseok? H-He'll leave me f-for sure a-and then I'll be all a-alone with a child to take c-care of. What should I do, what should I do..." 

 

 

When his vision cleared for a moment Luhan moved off the couch to get some water. All the crying had made him thirsty. He never made it to the kitchen though as his legs were too wobbly to carry his own weight, and so, he ended up on the floor in the middle of all the pregnancy-tests. 

Fresh tears sprung to his eyes. Did the world really enjoy taunting him this much? Not only was he now pregnant, but the world wanted to rub it in his face as well? Well, it all! 

 

 

Letting go of every last bit of self-control he had left, Luhan screamed straight into the emptiness of the living room, loud wails and sobs leaving his shaking body. Curling himself up into a ball, he hugged his knees and screamed some more, not caring who might hear. Because right now, Luhan was nothing but a scared young man who wanted nothing more than to turn back the clock and prevent all of this from happening. He barely knew anything about life himself, how was he supposed to teach a child? 

 

 

 

 

 

The door to the apartment opened and closed with a loud bang, pounding foot-steps reaching the living room within seconds. Minseok had no idea what had happened, but he didn't care. All he knew was that he had been coming back from work, only to hear Luhan's screams and wails coming from their own apartment. Luhan was a man of self-composure, who although he was a child at heart, held his head high and refused to show weakness until the very end (well, let's just say that Minseok had a nick for making Luhan share his problems anyway). 

 

 

That's why the scream were all the more frightening to Minseok as he burst into the living room, finding his loved one sitting in a fetal position in the middle of the room. Moving closer, he brought Luhan into his warm embrace and let his boyfriend muffle his cries in his sweater. "Hey, hey Luhan shhh. Everything's fine baby, I'm here now. Nothing's going to hurt you as long as I'm here, I promise. Shhh, don't cry Luhan, it's all going to be just fine." 

 

 

Luhan surprised him though as he pushed Minseok away from himself with so much force that he hit his head on the closest wall. Minseok was about to reach for him and as if he was alright, when Luhan began to act up on his fears. "No! No it's not going to be alright. It's never going to be alright, you hear me!? You're going to leave me and then I'll be all alone and I'll probably die because I'm such a mess that I can't live this life without you! And then I'll-" 

 

 

"Luhan stop! What are you talking about? Why would I leave you? What happened to give you that idea Luhan? Was it those bastards from your school again? I swear to god I will go and teach those bastards-" Minseok was started to become hot-headed as well, and it didn't help Luhan's case at all. 

 

 

"This has nothing to do with them Minseok. I-I know that you'll leave me and then I'll be-" 

Luhan was brought into another fierce hug, effectively shutting him up. Minseok breathed out a sigh of relief as Luhan's ranting stopped and only small sniffles remained.  Luhan's hair and unconsciously rocking them back and forth ever so slightly, he murmured into Luhan's soft hair. "Mind telling me what happened now? I can go on all day telling you that I won't leave you, but I can't give you valid arguments unless you tell me what really happened? Please Luhan love, tell me." 

 

 

Hiccups and sniffles s was everything that could be heard for a couple of moments, until a barely audible whisper sounded from the bundle in Minseok's arms. "I-I'm pregnant..." 

 

 

Minseoks'e eyes widened to the size of saucers, as he listened to Luhan's confession. Only now did he take in their surroundings and immediately spotted the multiple pregnancy-tests on the floor surrounding them. Picking up the closest one, he inspected it for only a second, the two red lines telling him in their own direct way that his boyfriend was, indeed, pregnant. 

 

 

Dropping the test and turning his attention back to his boyfriend, he smiled sadly down at the shaking boy in his arms. He could only imagine how Luhan must've felt when he found out himself, going through the shock and fright all alone. If Luhan could've waited only for a couple more hours, so that Minseok could've been at home to help him through it.  

 

 

Placing gentle kisses on Luhan's forehead and hairline, he  Luhan's lower back in calming motions to help his shaking body come back to it's senses. "Luhan, hey. It's alright, I'm not leaving you. Never would I ever leave you, especially now when you're carrying my own child. I love you so much Luhan, I would never... I would never be able to leave you alone like that." 

 

 

Luhan had always been sure that there was a limit o how much a human being could cry at once, but he seemed to be proving himself wrong. Nodding his head fiercely, as if to convince himself that this was all real, he clung onto Minseok for dear life and let his tears soak his lover's sweater, whining out noises of confirmation as he cried.  

It pained Minseok's heart to see Luhan like this, but at least he knew that Luhan was crying from relief now, and not because he was hurt or scared. Still, he never liked it when Luhan cried, not even when he was happy. Tears just looked plain wrong on Luhan's beautiful face in Minseok's opinion. 

That's why he had vowed to himself to never be the cause of Luhan's, at least not the sad ones, and to always be there for Luhan when he still needed to cry. And he felt safe knowing that Luhan was intending to keep the same promises back to Minseok. 

 

 

 

 

It was hour later, when Luhan had finally calmed down completely, that the couple sat together on the couch, cuddled together as they always would when the darkness of night neared but they were still too wide awake to go to bed. Luhan was half sitting, half lying between Minseok's legs, back against the other's firm chest. Minseok's left arm was holding Luhan's waist tightly as his right hand moved in circles on Luhan's (still) flat stomach, finally letting everything sink in completely. "We're having a baby Luhan. We're actually having a baby."  

 

 

Luhan hummed deep in his throat and turned his head to look up at Minseok, putting his own hand on top of the one Minseok had on his stomach. "We are, we really are. Are you sure about this though? Us becoming parents? I mean your coffee-shop has just started to become popular and I'm still in school and-" 

 

 

A pair of lips on his own silenced Luhan, and Minseok chuckled at how easily Luhan gave himself up to him completely. Pulling away, he kissed Luhan's temple and kept on rubbing his stomach. "I don't want to force you into anything Luhan, you know that right? If you want to abort the baby because you don't feel like you can handle being a parent yet, that's fine. But I'm also more than willing to raise this child together with you Luhan, have our own little family. I'm sure you'd be a great parent Luhan, but your happiness comes before everything else. I'm here to stay what ever you choose." 

 

 

Luhan sighed as Minseok's comforting kisses and touched kept on raining down on him, making him feel light-headed and sleepy. "I don't want to kill our child Minseok. I-I don't know if I'm ready to be a parent, but I know that if I have you then I can do anything. I want a family with you Minseok, our own family with our very own child." 

 

 

 

Minseok smiled his signature gummy-smile as he kissed Luhan once again, watching as the other went off to dream-land, breath coming out in warm puffs on his neck. "Then so be it Luhan. So be it." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan woke up before Minseok the following morning, mother nature calling as he untangled himself from his lover's strong hold and rushed to the bathroom. Spotting the empty package of pregnancy-tests by the sink, he was reminded of everything that had happened the day before, and smiled to himself. He and Minseok were going to become parents. Unconcisously, he found himself his stomach, even though he knew himself that the child was still nothing more than the size of a blueberry. Still, there was a child growing inside of him and now that he knew that Minseok wouldn't leave him, he wanted to give it as much love as he possibly could.  

 

 

Emerging from the bathroom, he almost stumbled over Minseok's work-bag and coat, both still laying where he had thrown them when he had rushed into the apartment last night. Luhan smiled a small smile and picked the coat up, hanging it on the hanger in the hallway. Picking the bag up next, he put it by Minseok's shoes as he heard something fall out. picking it up on reflex, he was about to put it right back inside the bag when he caught sight of the object in his head. With trembling finger he sneaked a peek inside, and felt tears blur his vision. That crazy bastard. 

 

 

 

 

"MinseokMinseok!" 

 

 

Minseok grumbled as he leaned on his elbows, eyes barely open and an obvious scowl on his face. It was way too early for this. "What is it love? And don't you dare say morning sickness, I know it doesn't start this early on." 

 

 

All he got as an answer was Luhan sprinting into the bedroom, all but throwing himself onto Minseok where he laid on the bed, causing minseok to lose his breath and let out a grunt. "Ooof! What's up with you today? Yesterday you were crying your eyes out and now you're- crying again? Luhan what happened? What's wr-" 

 

 

"You crazy bastard!" Luhan pounded his small fists into Minseok's chest from his position on Minseok's waist, tears falling but accompanied with a wide grin. Throwing the object of hi tears at Minseok, it didn't take long before Minseok was smiling as well. Chuckling, he wiggled the small box between his finger. "So I guess you found out about my little surprise early huh? I was actually planning on doing this in a much more romantic way than this. Do you mind waiting for another week or so?" A teasing smirk was apparent on Minseok's still sleepy, but handsome face. 

 

 

Luhan huffed and then laughed along with Minseok. God, how nice they both felt in this exact moment. And even though Minseok had though of a thousand and one ways to do this, he wouldn't exchange this moment for anything in the world. He wouldn't change a thing. 

 

 

Taking Luhan's hand in his, he kissed it softly as he looked up at Luhan with shining eyes, wondering how he had been this lucky to end up with such a beautiful boy like Luhan. So wonderfully beautiful, both inside and out. "So Luhan, what do you say? Ready to become Kim yet?" 

The rapid nod that Luhan did was enough to convince Minseok as he with tears in his own eyes opened the box of promises, presenting it's contents to Luhan. "Luhan, my lovely beautiful Luhan. Would you do me the honor of not just becoming a parent of my child, but to become my husband as  well, for me to hold and love for the rest of my life?" 

 

 

Fat tears streamed down Luhan's face as he nodded and whispered out a shaky "yes", crying even more and smiling wider as Minseok slid the ring onto his finger, sealing their promise of a life-time. 

 

 

 

And Minseok thought to himself, as he watched Luhan look down at him with the morning light shining from behind him, that maybe these tears weren't such a bad look on Luhan after all.