Demons (It has begun)

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Still deep in my thoughts about my dream and with itchy-annoying headache I finally stood up, dressed up and went down. Only then I looked at the time and it was already time for lunch! Holy, no! Being really, really late for school I grabbed my school stuff and rushed outside. Panicked as I was, I wasn’t even surprised as everything was slightly white around me and noticed I was way too light dressed for a cold day like this.  “Argh, who told Baekhyun to stop waking me up!?” I mumbled while running to school. When I had to stop at the crossroad, I jumped inpatient up and down, warming my body up, my eyes fixed to the red pedestrian light. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw someone stepped beside me and quickly glanced over. I looked at a man covered totally in black clothes and quickly looked back to the other side of the street where two more men in the same clothing stood. Surprised at this remarkable coincidence I looked back to the man next to me, who now looked at me with his black eyes which observed me from head to toe. They were almost completely black and something about him made me step aside but my back hit someone else and I quickly turned around and bowed an excuse. “I didn’t see you, I’m really sorry for this.” I said and when I looked up there stood another man dressed in black with the same dark eyes. He smiled on me dangerously. “Better watch your step, Hyomi.” He said and they both left without a word, leaving me dumbfounded. The two men on the other side were gone too.

The pedestrian light went to green the same moment I remembered that I needed to go to school quickly when someone grabbed my wrist “Hyomi, what are you doing here?” I screamed, in fear it would be one of those scary guys again and hit the person with the familiar voice and he flinched back and swore.
“Sehun? Oh sorry, sorry!”  I said when his voice had made me look up and behind Sehun Kyungsoo and Jongin giggled and greeted me while Sehun rubbed his cheek and looked angrily at me “Are you stupid? Where are you heading? School or what? Did you get detention again?” he observed me and I looked down on me, my head frown about his stupid question. “What is your problem? Of course I’m about to go to school!?” my head bobbed up again when I realized that they must be late too since they’re here with me instead of sitting in the class room. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in school, too?” They all exchanged some confused glances to each other until Kyungsoo finally began to laugh “Actually, it’s Saturday.”.

Thinking that he must be kidding me I quickly looked up on my phone. It was true - it was Saturday. “Oh, how annoying!” I threw my head back and moaned while Jongin stepped closer and wrinkled his nose. “Hyomi, what is this? Were you by chance drunk during the last night?” he smirked and I jumped back in surprise “D-drunk? Me? Are you joking?” I gulped hard and turned around so they wouldn’t see my face. Where does he know? “Where are you going?” Kyungsoo asked when I was about to leave but I just said to go home. Jongin was next to me the next moment and laid an arm around me “No. You’ll better come with us. The others are waiting already, too. And on the way I really want to know why you were singing so awfully around during the last night.” Ignoring that something really had happened last night I just sighed but didn’t say anything since I couldn’t remember at all. “Who told you those kinds of fairy tales?” I asked instead and laughed nervously. “Baekhyun of course. I was that surprised I had to listen by myself. It was quiet amusing. Not even Sehun sounded that awful when his voice broke.” I pushed his side with my elbow the same way he got a hit from Sehun from the other side and Jongin let go with a half-chuckled-half-in-pain sigh.

We met up with the others but Baekhyun was really not amused about my appearance. “Aren’t you grounded, dongsaeng?” he said suspiciously and I hit frustrated my forhead when I remembered my mom’s raging because of the pasta accident in school. I tried to explain the situation but Baekhyun cut me off before I could even start. Not even Chanyeol tried to defend me which sadden me a bit. Why was he awkward today? “Actually, we forced her to come with us, Baekhyun. She wanted to go to school when we met her.” Jongin explained and I looked thankful up to him. Everyone looked with interest to Baekhyun and he finally sighed “Fine! But don’t get on my nerves. Last night was awful enough” I saw how Chanyeol quickly turned his head away from me and now I could guess why he was strange.
He knows it too. What did just happen? I wasn't drunk, right? I tried to close the worries of last night away and better concentrated on window shopping on a sunny yet cold Saturday.

It didn’t need long until Sehun wanted everyone to buy bubble tea and we gave up already because he wouldn’t be quiet until he got his favorite drink at all. Instead of bubble tea my empty stomach really was up for something more filling because it was growling all the time and I lingered after something between my teeth.
“I’m back in a second.” I said to Chanyeol and I was already on the run to the other side of the street where the mouth-watering smell of fish cake came from. Only before I could even get something, someone behind me raised his voice “Haven’t we met before?” he asked and I jerked up from the unfamiliar voice and looked at a beautiful young man next to me. I gulped and watched him closely. There was something in his appearance that gave me a shiver and his eyes seemed familiar.
“No, I’m sorry.” I lied as I remembered he was one of the men at the crosspath and looked hastily back to the bubble tea shop. “Let’s go for a walk.” He said and I looked in shock at his arm grabbing my wrist and tried in a feeble attempt to push him away but his grip was iron. “Excuse me, but I don’t even know you!” I said scared and react in panic against his forcing grip. He snorted at my lame try. “Don’t rush to get back to your friends, they’re already gone, you see?“ he nodded back to the other side of the street and my head swung around. They were really not longer standing at the bubble tea store and gave me even more the feeling to panic.“Leave me alone!” I said extra loud to get noticed. Some people around us were looking at me but only for a second and walked straight ahead. Before he could do anything to me I pulled his hand which held me and bit him. He let go with a hiss and I used that moment to turn around and ran away.

~~~~~~~~~
Chanyeol’s Pov.
“What did you say?” I asked and looked around when Hyomi had said something to me I didn’t understand. But she wasn’t next to me anymore. “Guys, where is Hyomi?” My voice was already higher than usual, filled with panic. My heart skipped a beat and I looked around but the streets were too crowded to get me a good overview. Sehun slurped his bubble tea in delight “I see her, she’s just over there.” He pointed toward the street on the other side and I craned my neck. I sighed in relieve when I found her small figure in between the many other people around. Suddenly someone jostled me and I tripped over, losing my sight of Hyomi.“Can’t you see where you’re walking?” the guy who had pushed me said as I looked up and two guys gave me a smirk the same moment Baekhyun behind me yelled angrily “YA!! YOU TWO! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE AGAIN!”. The strange guys clothed in black both turned around and began to run away. “They’re those stupid heads from last time!” Sehun who was pushed aside by one of them began to follow them and the rest followed him. Kyungsoo was about to go too but I grabbed his armpit “I’ll get Hyomi and came after you, alright?” he nodded and the next second he was gulped by the crowd.

I looked back where Hyomi stood and for a millisecond I saw how a man next to her grabbed her wrist and tried to pull her away. I pushed my way through her and shoved in panic everyone aside but suddenly two men stood in my way, interfering me to go on. “Where do you think are you going, Chanyeol, huh?” one of them said and my anger grew up inside of me. They just looked like the one who had pushed me aside and the one who had grabbed Hyomi’s wrist. Was this a mafia gang, or what? I tried to escape them but they held me back. No time for thinking about how I could get rid of them, I let the fire in my hand light up and the next moment they lied on the floor and I jumped over them. Out of breath I reached the other side but…she was gone. Hastily, I looked around, calling her name but I had no idea in which direction she went. Did she escape? Where would she running? What if that man took her? All of a sudden something hit me from behind and everything went black before I passed out.

~~~~~~~~~
Hyomi’s Pov.
Chased like a predator’s snack I rushed through the streets, pushed and pulled me through the crowded streets. I felt really bad to push old ladies aside, running in couples and ripped off some shopping bag out of someone’s hand but with my follower in my back I was not able to slow down my steps. I ran through the outstanding tables of a Café and behind me, I heard screams and crushed plates when my follower easily threw the tables to the side, closing up to me again. Being too slow outside in the crowd, I rushed into a woman’s underwear shop, heard surprised screams and disappeared behind the many clothes to the exit door. After a long corridor I was outside again, found myself in the back area and was finally away of the full shopping streets. Where was everybody? And where should I go? “Hyomi stay still!” my follower screamed far behind me more under a growl and for a second I was rooted to the spot but could free myself and rushed into the next street. Where does he know my name?

It begun to snow again and I was scared to run alone somewhere god knows where with a stalker in my back. I was already up from people and the full streets and I wonder if this was a mistake. In a dark street I saw a backdoor from a delivery hall and I sneaked through it and ran under th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter