Delilah

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Pov.

Kris turned around and looked straight in her icy-blue eyes who observed him from across the room. Delilah leaned against the closed wall, a bold face put on. He observed her from head to toe too, until he looked back into her cold eyes. He kept his cool, even she tried now to get his attraction with flattering eyes and a cute small pout mouth but Kris just rolled his eyes, didn't say anything. She crossed her arms in front of her chest, speaking with a honey sweet voice. “I hoped you wouldn’t notice me. I guess I closed the door to harsh.” Kris snorted contemptuously in unbelief how stupid his sister thought he was to not comprehended her aim.
“Don’t act like this. It's not like I feel your appearance everywhere anyway.” he said sarcastically and they both watched each other for a moment. Her hair got longer, he thought - not really with any special feeling behind it. He just noticed it. He needed to keep distance for being objective. It was even more silver than in his memory but maybe the sun was to blame which shone brightly on her. She really enjoyed Kris' full attention, even enjoyed the hate she saw slightly gleaming through his eyes. "Nevertheless, you were not prepared I would appear despite the fact that you "feel my appearance anyway", right?"
He tries so hard to not just grab that knife and stab it into me. Silly Cutie. It just made her smile in amusement while Kris felt offended that she could read him like a book. It was really annoying to hear her thoughts again but maybe she would also blab something out.

“How long has it been? Two years and some months? I had a long time to grow up, right?” she said proudly and Kris tried to focus on something to not just jump up and close his hands around her neck to tie it up until she will whimper and gasped for air. Her eyes really make that strange contrast to her beauty. Are they like this because she uses black magic? With slow flourish hip movements she went across the room until she stood right in front of him. Aren't they beautiful? She soke mentally directly to him. There was a high tension that build up like thick air the nearer she came. "I really don't like that hair color, Kris. You had so beautiful white hair but why are you hiding them? Isn't it a cute sibling thing to wear the same hair color?" She ruffled his hair and giggled when she used her power to turn them into a light white like she loved to wear her own hair.

For Kris, her laugh sounded like ice cups clashing against each other in an empty glass. Kris sighed and shook her hand of. “What do you want?” he finally said with a low, calm voice. He's so sweet trying to act calm. Kris you can't hide your feelings.  “I missed you, of course.” she pouted and Kris almost felt like he would throw up from her fake sweet words. “You mean, you missed getting on my nerves and might get in danger?” he took a strain from her white hair between his fingers and expected they would feel cold but they didn't. It just would fit her personality perfectly. She curled her lips and the strain back behind her ear. “Oh don’t talk so bad about your beloved sister.” She sat on the desk, her legs crossed and looked curiously around. "Seams like nothing had changed so much. Maybe some more books, right?"

He went across the room to take the knife from the book and acted like the girl wasn’t even existing. His action frozen as he heard her jumped up from the desk and clinched her arms around him from behind and pouted again. “Don’t ignore me, Kris. Don’t ignore the only one you love. You’re offending my feelings.” Kris grind his teeth in anger, then turned around to look down on her and grabbed her chin harshly up to his face “So I’m doing everything right, huh? You know, we’re twin siblings, Delilah. I don’t love you and I will never do. Furthermore, I hate you and you should know that, too. Maybe you just don't show me. Give it up and disappear from where you came. Go to hell!” She looked amused like it was the answer she wanted to hear which made Kris inside even more angry. “Oh, I really know that you hate me. Love is a strong emotion, Kris, but hate...hate is even stronger. I'm more than fine with the fact you hate me. I love that you hate me.” She turned her head away but Kris forced her to take a look at the page he opened now and placed in front of her face.
Ah I knew it. I know what you want to do. “It was you, right?” Kris said, not like he was questioning but pointing it out. She grabbed the book and with her fingers she followed the lines like she was painting it and spoke with a happy voice “Ah I see, you found out my little secret. I’m not surprised you did." She looked up, her eyes filled with excitement. "But you’re still in the dark, right? You have a lot of questions spinning in your mind. They confuse you. She confuses you!” Kris crossed his arms. “If you wanted to hide your secret better you should have had to hide your dragon better.”

She glanced up and set on a happy smile, like she was proud Kris found out finally. “Ah you mean in the Field of Dreams? With your little sweet friend..."
Hyomi? Oh yes. Hyomi. "Stupid girl.” She hissed and closed the book with a lout bang. Delilah stood up on her toes to look into his eyes straight.
“Why I did this, you ask? I like to scare stupid girls.” and then all of a sudden she threw the book angrily into a corner like it grossed her out.
She's so dead to steal what's mine! Kris jerked but not because of the words she yelled into his mind but there was no way you could handle a book like this and Delilah knew it! Kris pressed his lips together and acted like he didn’t care.

She laughed and poked his cheek. "Funny how raged you could get because of a book!" He grabbed her wrist and held it tight. Her innocent look let only give her an even more evil surface, Kris thought. Maybe every other person would find her sweet but because Kris knows her better than anyone, he – of course – wouldn’t fall for that trick. “You can try to hide your feelings in front of everyone but me. I know your heart is confused because of her. I know it.” An invisible hand pushed Kris back to the wall and the now furious girl yelled angrily to her brother “Only to think about how I could hurt her and make her scream in pain makes my heart speed up in excitement…” she pressed her hand over his heart “…while yours is already scared by the thought that anybody could only leave the tiniest scratch on her. Your strong heart is trembling weakly, Kris. Stupid girls make a strong man weak.” She grinned because she knew it was right what she said, even Kris tried to deny it over and over again.

You hear your heart? Poor thing - it's trembling. She threw her hand up and Kris spun around and landed on the floor hard. He hissed in pain as his back hit the floor while Delilah laughed in amusement. She placed herself on him and bend down to whisper in his ear “You know your heart is only allowed to beat for me.” She looked satisfied and instead of attacking her Kris just waited. He can’t attack his sister no matter how hard he tried. He wasn’t even able to shake her off his body now. The only defense was to face her and hold the fight of eyes they now fought out. Look at you. How hard it must be for you to hide your feelings for her instead you could be so happy with me. I woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter