Lost and found - safe and sound

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyomi’s Pov

Before I could have made any protest it was already too late. When Kris had pushed me into the portal without a warning, I could do nothing more than screaming and only noticed how my hand reached out for him, before I was falling into the never ending darkness. But it was too late, I was too slow. I was alone in the dark, not falling this time but hovering in the air, my feet found no ground but yet I was not falling. I spun around but there was only me and the darkness. I tried to jump, to move, anything. I stuck in the air and was scared because where was I? Nowhere. I was not anymore in Lost Planet, yet I was not on earth again. I was trapped in a place that didn't even exist. Suddenly something grabbed me by my waist pulled me down and my hands reached out once more for something to hold on but I only caught air, once again.

I opened my eyes and the bright sunlight that was shining on me danced happily through my fingers. I still held my hand up in the air, out-reaching for help but now it only gave me shade. I rolled away from the light and under me I heard the crunch of shattered glass that prickled my back and I stood up, shaking everything off my body. Dust, glass and tears. I looked around and with fear and delight I realized I was back in the burned house, back on earth. It hurts the same time I was happy to not being stuck between the two worlds that had turned my life upside down. I stood in a sea of sparkling little pieces of glass that created little stars on the walls from the reflection of the slight sunlight coming from the window. I wondered why I shed tears now but the longer I looked at the little flickering on the wall the more something  begin to flicker inside my heart as well. Why was it broken?

I rushed over where the mirror once stood and touched the wall. My heart was beating fast, feared and confused. I didn’t want to realize, yet I knew it already. It was obvious and it made me cry even more. “Why did you do this to me, Kris!?” I wanted to hit him and yell and there were a thousand things I wanted to bash against his stupid head, all of a sudden! I was angry because of all he did to me. I slammed my hands to the wall, screaming his name in all anger.
“You stupid. Pretend to be nice, huh?! Stupid idiot! How could you fall for him. He's just playing, Hyomi.” If he’s pushing me away why he had to kiss me!? Why? Why is he saving me only to hurt me? “Are you happy now, huh?” I picked up some pieces and threw it against the wall, making only even more little fragments that scratched my skin when the shatters were thrown back to me. “Why?” I sighed frustrated and tired and failed to pick up a piece, cutting my finger on it.
Watching the small scratch that shed a little tear of blood I hated myself for being angry with him.
Who am I even blaming? What was I thinking? That he likes me? I’m a burden, he said and I know that he was true but still…
“You play not fair. What kind of game is this?” I slipped down on my knees in frustration and let me fall into the shatters.
If they can cut, they could. If he can hurt, why not?

For a while I watched the black wall above me like a dark cloud hanging over me, trying not to think anything, just looking at the wall. Any thought just made me angry again, because every thought was him. “Really, why!?” I kicked my arms and legs up in the air, screaming. I rolled to the side, looked at the shattered pieces in front of me and wondered if I didn’t just was one of them. I reached out for one hand-sized fragment and picked it up to look at it more closely. It didn’t reflect my face and when I turned it in my hand I imagined seeing a part of a silhouette for a moment. Kris? I held the piece tight in my hand, didn’t matter if it would hurt me. It’s maybe the only thing left now. I felt like getting sick of sadness the longer my thoughts spun around him and felt my body heaten up until my forehead was in sweat. The reflections on the fragments flashed on and off, like light danced on them and the flicker made me feel dizzy. “Why are you like this, Kris?” I already gasped out of breath, still smelling the strange scent of smoke from his shirt and it was all around me. When I closed my eyes, I was still in his save embrace and heard softly the little clicks from burning wood in the flames.

Suddenly I began to choke when I breathed too heavy in, a silly try to smell his scent. My head bobbed up when a really crazy thought came into my mind and – really – I was right. "Fire!" I jumped up and looked around. The flames grew bigger in a second, the fire was already swallowing everything around it, from the walls to the broken furniture and I was trapped in the middle. How could this be? How on earth could it be that burned wood started burning again?
I screamed, scared and in wonder how I couldn’t notice there was just a fire around me! The flames lightened up and if I wouldn’t see it with my own eyes I thought they were all blue. Blue flames? How is this possible? From where are they coming? How can I get out? I need to get out!

I choked and trembled forward. Suddenly a big piece of wood crashed right in front of me. I felt the heat near my arm and winced when the flame touched my skin for a second but left its mark with a painful burning. Looking for a way out, my head spun around but I just saw parts of the wall crashing down, created high rising flames and a big cloud of smoke and soot made my eyes teary. I felt like breathing in flames because the heat was almost unsustainable. I screamed for help but my voice was weak and husky from the smoke. With my hand covering my face, I tried not to breath in too much but I was in panic and couldn’t calm myself down. The result of panic was constantly gasping and choking the same time until my head hurt painfully and I felt how my body needed air or I would not survive this hell.

I held tight on the piece of mirror while searching for a way out but there was none. The fire was close around me and I already wasn’t able to stand probably, the room’s spinning and the flames got coming near and suddenly a flame like a hand grabbed my ankle and the pain pulled me down while I screamed.

Suddenly I heard my name. I saw a shadow walking towards me and someone was calling my name. He was running right through the flames to save me.
“Kris?” I mumbled and tried to open my flattering eyes, trying to blink away the tiny black stars in front of my sight. I landed in his arms and he picked me up, yelling my name for me to stay awake. I now recognized his voice at all, even I only heard his soft screams through a dense fog in my ears. I heard myself answering so quietly I didn’t know if I was talking at all.
“Chanyeol, there’s….fire everywhere! You’ll get hurt!” I caught up between every word and pressed my free hand over my chest to control the pain. But he just walked straight outside with me in his arms. I looked down to his feet and the flames were like moving aside where he placed his feet.

Why aren’t the flames hurting him? Is he out of steel? What is just happening? I turned my head toward his chest and pressed my face close to it but I still only smelled flames and smoke. Sirens of an ambulance car where somewhere far away to hear.
I really hate sirens.They are scaring me with their loud annoying monotonous sound, thrilling in my ear. Every time I may hear one I couldn’t stop but thinking that somewhere something really bad had happened and people are hurt and screaming for help while I just hear the scream of the sirens. They sound like help screams. Sometimes it is too late for help. Sometimes you can't help anymore. You can’t fix a broken mirror.

Chanyeol carried me outside where the ambulance car and the fire and rescue service just had arrived. The surrounding sounds where so smooth it was almost lulling me to sleep, even I knew there must be chaos around me. Like the world wanted to strike out all no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter