One

10 things I want to do with you

 

1. 

Donghae traces his fingers along the yellowed pages of the book filled with their memories. Every single memory, every moment spent together. Everything. He feels the corner of his eyes heating up but he fights it. No. Not anymore. 

He glances out of the window. Foggy windows. White snow. Memories of drawing hearts on the fogged up windows. He smiles. 

Just then, a pair of familiar, warm hands brushes through his hair gently. He leans into the comforting touch, thumbing the yellowed edges. 
"Hey." Donghae whines and leans further into the comforting warmth. 
"Hey, look at me." As Donghae turns, he finds himself staring at two slips of paper. 

--
"Come on, Hyukkie!" Donghae says excitedly. Hyukjae tries to catch up with their two luggages in hand. The extremely big one belongs to Donghae, of course. 
Hyukjae only smiles, seeing Donghae so excited. 
He quickens his footsteps and walks next to Donghae, entwining their hands together.

 

"Can I have a blanket, please?" Hyukjae whispers to the petite woman who then nods and quickly walks away. 

He then quietly pushes the younger male's seat back, brushing his hair gently, before leaning back in his own seat, just staring at the male beside him. He feels his heart drop seeing the hollowed cheeks and fragile frame. He leans in to gently kiss the younger's cheek. 
 

"Here, Sir."
Hyukjae then gently drapes the blanket around Donghae, pecking his lips once again. 
He continues to stare at him. Beautiful. 

 

"Gosh, I can't believe I slept the whole time. Why didn't you wake me up, Hyukkie?"
"You were exhausted, Hae. It's okay." Hyukjae says softly, caressing the pale cheeks. Donghae bites his lip, but only wraps his arm around Hyukjae's arm tightly. 

-
"Hyukkie! Look, it's so beautiful! It's just like in the pictures!" Donghae exclaims, hopping along the snow covered pavement, running his fingers along the snow covered ledges. As he skips around, he slips but Hyukjae is quick to wrap his arms around him. 
"Be careful, Hae." Hyukjae has a worried expression on his face. Donghae only smiles, leaning against Hyukjae's protective grip. 

They spend the day admiring the beautiful view, eating ice cream, making snow angels. Just like the old days. They take a few pictures here and there. Hyukjae just smiles and lets Donghae drag him everywhere. 

Donghae sees a street artist at one corner of the street and he drags Hyukjae towards him, and with the puppy eyes from Donghae, Hyukjae uses his heavily accented English to request for a portrait of him and Donghae. 

Donghae takes a look at the completed work and he smiles so widely, Hyukjae bends over to have a look as well. He feels such a warm feeling in his heart, and he wraps his arms protectively around Donghae. 
Hyukjae takes out his wallet, only to be stopped by the male in front of them. 
"Free, Free. Love, love. Welcome to Paris." Are the words they manage to catch. 

 

They end the day with dinner at a famous restaurant and Hyukjae listens to the countless stories Donghae says, some new, countless heard before. But Hyukjae doesn't mind. He never has. 
By the end of dinner, Donghae is so exhausted that Hyukjae piggybacks him all the way back to the hotel. Hyukjae smiles when he feels Donghae murmuring against his shoulder. 

-
The next few days are spent exploring the lovely city, trying out all the cafés, running across countless snow covered pavements. 
Donghae leans against Hyukjae's chest, as they sit facing the river, admiring the city's night scenery. Donghae lets out a contented sigh, causing Hyukjae to chuckle and press his lips against the top of the shorter male's head. 

They take a selca with their polaroid, and Hyukjae pecks Donghae's cheek just as Donghae presses the button. As he waits for the photo to show, he cuddles into Hyukjae's embrace, sniffling slightly at the cold. Hyukjae frowns and wraps his arms tighter around Donghae, removing his own scarf and wrapping it around Donghae's blue one. When the photo is done, Donghae beams when he sees the Parisian lights in the background. He then digs into his bag for a black marker and scribbles while scrunching his nose cutely. 
City of love. 14.12.28

--
On their last day, Hyukjae takes Donghae's hand and he leads him throughout the city. 
They go to flower boutiques and Hyukjae buys Donghae a bouquet of roses. Like during their first date. They then head to Champs-Élysées, where Donghae gushes over the cafés and luxury shops. Hyukjae ends up buying Donghae another Prada suitcase. 

At night, the stars come out, and Hyukjae takes Donghae's hand. He leads them towards the building they both love so much. The place they've talked about countless nights, under the starry skies, in their own rooms, in each other's arms. 
They take the elevator up, Donghae clinging to Hyukjae tightly as he peers through the glass window. Hyukjae brushes his nose against the brunette's messy hair. Exiting the elevator, Donghae runs out, breathing in the cold air. Hyukjae follows after, wrapping his arms around Donghae's waist, backhugging him. Donghae smiles, pulling Hyukjae's arms tighter around his waist. 
"It's so beautiful, Hyukkie..." Donghae murmurs, absorbing everything about the beauty of Paris. Hyukjae buries his head into the vanilla scented hair. 
"Mm.." He answers, too distracted in kissing all over Donghae's face. 
"Yah, Lee Hyukjae. We've come here to look at the night scenery." 
"Beautiful..." Hyukjae murmurs, a smile gracing his lips. 
"Yeah..." Donghae says. 
"Paris is so beautiful..."
"Beautiful..." Hyukjae says, but all he is looking at is Donghae. 
Donghae turns at Hyukjae's voice which is thick with the tears that are held back. 
"Beautiful..." Hyukjae whispers, and he leans in, kissing Donghae gently, so gently. 

1. I want to kiss you, on top of the Eiffel Tower.