Story about Myungsoo & Krystal & ME

Are we Real?

 

His handphone kept ringing since early evening but he did not want to pick it up since he knew his parents were probably looking out for him. He had been sitting in the middle of football field alone while looking up onto the sky.  All he cares about right now is Krystal. Why she suddenly wanted to go to the United States again? He thought she settled down with her mother in Korea since a year ago. Moreover, Krystal did not even talk about it with him although they went for a movie together a few days ago. He accidently knew the news about Krystal  was  transferring school again from his homeroom teacher Mr. Jang during lunch break. 

 

"Aigoo, it is a pity to let go a smart girl like her. She can go to Seoul National University and makes our school's name proud. All of smart students want to go to US. Why her mother wants to go to US again when they're both doing good here?" He heard Mr Jang's voice. 

 

"I heard that Krystal's mom and her dad is getting back together. That is why they're moving back to US. They're renting at my aunt's place so I know a little bit about their story." Said Mrs Oh proudly who is famous with her nosy attitude. She knows everything that is happening to the community. It doesn't matter if it is a minor or a major case. Not even a single thing is missing from her news radar. At first Myungsoo wanted to ignore their conversation but his ears suddenly perked up once Krystal's name had been mentioned. 

 

'What? Krysal is moving to US? When...? And why she didn't mention about it?' The he remembered Krystal was absent today and he couldn't get through to her since last night. Did she really left without saying goodbye? Without thinking any further, he quickly ran out to find Krystal. He needs to find Krystal at her house right now! He totally forgot about his promised with his parents to go for a camping at Han River tonight. He totally forgot about it. 

 

"Are you Myungsoo? Here, the young girl who lived here gave me this letter to pass to you if you come to find her. They left the house this morning," an ahjumma handed him a letter in an envelope. 

 

 

Myungsoo-ah,

It's me, Krystal. I'm truly sorry for leaving without saying goodbye..

I tried to tell you the other day that I am leaving but I couldn't..I am really sorry.

The time I spent here was so precious because I had you with me..

I probably will not come back to Korea..so don't wait for me.

Thank you for all those times we spent together. 

 

From,

Krystal Jung

 

He read the letter over and over again and he did not get it why she had to leave without saying a proper goodbye. They are not even a 12 years old kid! A simple explaination will help him to understand  the situation. He felt that he was a someone who not so important in Krystal's life. They spent time together for a year. He tried to cheer her because her parents split up and she thought she couldn't get to see her dad again. But now, she said she went back to US and probably never came back?! Life was full of joke!

 

'RING! RING!'

 

His handphone kept ringing for nonstop. He sighed. Looks like the ringing won't stop itself if he continue to ignore the ringing. He lazily flip the phone to answer the call.

 

"Hello..."He answered the phone lazily without knowing what had actually happened. 

 

"Kim Myungsoo-shii? We are from the hospital, your parents involved in an accident. I think you need to come here as soon as possible." 

 

He was in utter shock. It was another after another. He wanted to punch himself for being sickly emotional over a stupid girl and ignored his parents who on the brink of death! Then, it was too late by the time he arrived at the hospital. Both of his parents were gone forever. He landed on both of his knees in devastation. He saw both of them were already souless in emergency ward while the doctors and nurses took of everything the wires on their bodies. 

 

"No,no,no, no! You have to save them! Mom!Dad! Wake up!Please...." He grab both of them desperately in hope they would hear him calling for them.He was wailing in the emergency ward while ignoring other patients. 

 

"MOM!DAD!" He woke up from his nightmare in sweat. It was the same dream again. Hoya who slept besides him was slightly disturbed because of him. He grabbed his jacket and went out from the tent to get some fresh air. It looks like the sun is coming up  in a while. He looked around their camping area and saw Ha Na was sitting alone at the riverside. He grabs a couple of coffee cans and walks toward her. He at least needs to talk to someone in order to forget about his nightmare. It had been a while since he last dreamt about his late parents. Maybe his conversation with Krystal last night affected him much more than he thought. Why she needs to be reappear again?

 

"Had a good night sleep?" He approached Ha Na who seemed in a deep thought without noticing him nearing her. 

 

"Myungsoo-shii, you awake. I thought everyone is still sleeping in." She replied. Myungsoo offered her a can of coffee he took just now and took a sit besides her. They still had too many things to talk about. Tomorrow is the last day they will be together. The new semester is going to begin soon. He knows that now or later, they need to be open about their relationship. Myungsoo tried to approach her but she seemed to be still doubtful. Moreover, last night incident with Krystal made him alert that Ha Na might be not trusting his feelings towards her. 

 

"Are your knees healing weel?" He tried to make a simple conversation. 

 

"I guess...It doesn't give me pain anymore." She answered. And then silence. Myungsoo is so sure that Ha Na has a lot of going on in her mind but she is afraid to let it out. 

 

"You don't want to ask about me and Krystal?" He asked her boldly. Although he tried to not mention Krystal's name but he needed to sort out this problems. He does not want Ha Na to misunderstood and being doubful about his feelings to her anymore. Enough is enough. To him, his feelings towards Krystal was long gone. It was merely a stupid childish love during his teen years. He wants Song Ha Na to know that. Krystal is no longer nobody to him. NOBODY. 

 

"Is there anything for me to ask for something so obvious?" She replied with him with a question too. He took a deep breath. 

 

"What happened last night was...." 

 

"Please, you don't have to explain it to me. I am fully aware that Krystal is someone so precious to you and I am no one. So, you don't have to trouble yourself by explaining to someone who only passing through your life." She cut him before he even finished explained everything. Looks like Song Ha Na is so determined to ignore him. She was about to get up from her sit when Myungsoo grabbed her wrist to make her sit again. He needs to end this misunderstanding today or there will be no other chance. 

 

"Song Ha Na-shii, I like you! There is no other explaination. Krystal was a past and it will remain that way." He leaned towards her and kiss her on the lips.