The Unexpected

Are we Real?

 

 

I take back what I said about I love this van. I guess this is why I pretty much hate any outdoor activities. The weather suddenly gets wet horribly. To make our situation much worst, the van is not running and now we are in the middle of nowhere. They are not blaming anyone for the situation that we are currently in but I swear it is Kai's fault. At least, he is the part of it. He was positive about taking a shortcut road and now we have no idea where are we. Plus, the day is getting darking without a single car or local people around here. 

 

"I walked this road about 2-3 km but nothing or no one I can find to help us. The cellphone signals ain't get any better either." Hoya told us with a dissapointment. He is soaking wet in rain. The thunder and rain still seem so far to get away. Kai and Myungsoo have been trying to fix the van but it has no progress either. 

 

"I guess we need to stay overnight and figure things out tomorrow. We cannot work in the dark, especially we have no idea what the hell is coming out at night here." Sehun murmured. His statements makes me creep out a bit. 

 

"You don't say that! We're not in Amazon or anything like that so I'm sure we'll be fine until we find help." Song Ha Na spanks him on his arm. 

 

"But we still need to be caution since we are not familiar with this area. I want each and everyone of you to stay in the van and lock it. No one can get out without a partner, especially the girls." Hoya who is the eldest among us, makes his instruction clear. We just nood in agreement. He is right about this. Our situation we are in right now is like in those thriller American movies. They got stuck in the middle of nowhere, then one by one a person would keep missing or get killed...Oh MY GOD. Oh Lord, please do save us!

 

Myungsoo jumps into the van and starts to take off his clothes in front of me. I am taken aback to see him undress while I am still looking at him. On top of that, we are the only one who is currently in the van since everyone is still talking outside. 

 

"I'm sorry Na Ra but I can get cold easily if I don't get change." Said Myungsoo when he realizes that I am not comfortable to see him undress. Then, the crowded space around us makes him stumble onto me when he tries to put a new pants on him. His pretty face is just a few inch from my face. Not to mention that he is half . We froze without a word because our position right now is too awkward for us to utter any word in this world. 

 

"Wohooo! What the hell happened in here?" Sehun's loud voice makes us jump apart from each other right away. All of them are gaping their jaw to see our awkward position just now. I can guarantee that my face is as red as a clowns face tight now because I feel damn hot in here right now. 

 

"We...had an accident. Nothing much." Myungsoo short answer but hesitate a bit makes them give us more suspicious kind of look. I swear I can hear their thoughts saying 'Uh-huh, like we're gonna believe that. I am sure they're getting heat in their pants right now'. I try to pretend that I fix my hair and shirts but it only makes me look even more suspicious. My sister Ha Na is giving me a sly smirk. She must be thinking the same as everyone here.

 

"Alright! Everyone gets into the van. The sun is already gone and I am freaking cold right now." Kai pushes some of them hurriedly into the van. I am once again being pushed to the back of the van with Myungsoo. Kai and the others are still drench because they've been standing under the rain for quite a while. Everyone got off from the van except for me because I have a fear of thunder. I am okay if its just rain, but I am not okay at all if it comes with thunder, It freaks me out. I am wondering how am I going to go through this night with this heavy weather. 

 

"Ha Na-ah, are you gonna be alright back there?" Ha Na asked me fron the driver's seat. She must be worried about me having a fear of thunder. She and Kai are going to be the night watchmen while the rest of us sleeping. We are going to take turns every 3 hours to watch the surrounding in cased a help or danger approach us. 

 

"I..i'll be just fine." I answered. No, I am not fine. My palms and forehead are drenching in cold sweat. 

 

"What's wrong with you? You look sick." Myungsoo notices something off with me. 

 

"It's okay Na Ra, just put on  your mp3's and ignore the thunder. We'll be alright." Said Ha Na. I know she tries to comfort me but I am afraid that is not working out on me right now. The lights and sounds of thunder from the outside makes me anxious. Usually at home, I just went into my blanket and hugsmy pillow tightly until it gone. But, noneof them are here with me now. I just grip both of my knees tightly while prentending that I am fine. 

 

"Is she afraid of thunder?" I hear Hyun Ah asked my sister. Then, I feel like my hearing ability is starting to fade off as the thunder is getting wilder. Then, I can feel that someone is holding my freezing hands. Myungsoo gives me his hands. He also put me a small warm blanket to make me calm. I want to give him a smile and a word of thank you but thanks to my fear, none of them are working. 

 

A second after that, a really loud and strong thunderbolt strikes not far from our van. I get so freak out that I end up hugging Myungsoo which happens to be the closest one to me. I don't really care what he must be thinking about me is hugging him right now because I might pass out any soon if this wild thunder is continue. 

 

"Oh God,  Na Ra-ah, it's okay..I promise it will not harm us." Song Ha Na is still keeping a good words to me. I can sense that everyone is staring at me right now. Oh Lord, I feel so pathetic right now. I wish I can get rid off of this fear. 

 

"She has a really terrible fear of thunder. She used to cry and sob all night in our mom's embrace till she fall asleep. We tried the doctors but I guess it's not get any better. These days, if the thunder happened to strike when I was not with her..she got into her blanket and wrap all of her body. There was one time that I got home pretty late during the thunder, I found her almost dying under her blanket. She barely could breath because she wrap all of his body and face for too long. I swear I almost got a heart attack during that time." 

 

I am no longer care that attention is on me right now because of my sister's story. All of that is true. I am indeed have a great fear towards thunder, Don't know when and why it's started. All I remember that the thunder is extremely freaking me out. 

 

I suddenly feels a warm hands squeeze my freezing body tightly. I know its Myungsoo that is holding me right now but I miss my mom so much when I am in his embrace right now. I am slowly feels sleepy and comfortable in his arms. This is the first time ever that I am actually hugging someone who is not my family...and a guy. I don't know I can feel ultimately safe in somebody's emrace except for my mom. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up by the sounds of a loud engine coming from behind our van. The sun is already up because I can see the bright lights from outside. I am just realise that I sleep too comfy beacuse I have Myungsoo in my arms all night. OH GOD. I must be out of my mind. He is just someone that I barely know for a day but I sleep with him all night. Myungsoo is still sleeping soundly while his arms are wrapping on me. I loosen up his arms against me as slow as I can because I don't want to wake him up. He must be up pretty late with the others. Ah, stupid me for easily get scared for something so childish. I can see that Hyun Ah, Sehun and my sister are also still sleeping soundly at front seats. I can hear Hoya, Kai and Minah voices from outside talking with some people. Help must be coming. While I fix up my messy hair, I hear a soft groan, " Morning already?" Myungsoo asked me. I am startle and embarass at the same time when I remember of how I cuddle with him all night long. 

 

"They must be people outside." He added. I can see that he is also trying to avoid my eyes contact and purposeful divert the topic in order to make us forget what had happened last night. We open up the back door to exit from this van without bothering the people who are still sleeping at the front. As expected, Kai, Hoya and Minah are talking with some local people who driving a treller around this area. 

 

"What's up cuddle girl? Feeling much better after a rough night?" Kai greeted me with his naughty smiles on his face. Minah pokes me giddily around my waist. Probably wants to tease me more about how I cuddle with Myungsoo all night long. I just gives them a slight smile and pretends nothing happened. Myungsoo acts the same. 

 

"What these people are saying? Can they help us?" Myunsoo changes the attention us. 

 

"Yes, they can help but we still need to wait for another hour to wait for help that they call just now. They need to go right now because they are running out from their schedule. This road is for the treller purpose only, that's why there is no single car around here. And the trellers only use this road during the day because there are no lights at night on this road. So, it's pretty dangerous to drive here at night." Hoya excplained to us. 

 

"Sorry guys. I was the one who insist to use this road yesterday." Kai apologized. Myungsoo pats Kai's shoulder and says, "No worries man. Things can get unxpected. No one blames you." Hoya also does the same to Kai. 

 

Well, I did. But I still forgives him. Myungsoo is right, unexpected things do happen in our life including of how I was so comfy in a man's embrace. Hmmmm. The treller ahjushi is already gone, so we just need to wait for a help that he will send for another hour. One by one of us are wake up from sleeping. 

 

"My pretty dongseng! How are you? Did you have a 'good' night sleep in Myungsoo's arms?" Song Ha Na starts to tease me as soon as she opens her eyes. The others just laughing together to hear her teasing me. Myungsoo just ignores the tease. I wish I can be as ignorant as he is because I swear that my cheeks are as hot as pepper right now because all of these mocking. 

 

"Myungsoo must be pretty warm last night to have someone to cuddle." Sehun's continues to mock us. He and Kai just can't stop mocking us since yesterday. Only Hoya is the only one who looks like he does not care about this childish teasing. 

 

"Yup..lucky him. Hyun Ah will kick my if I want to cuddle with her." Hoya added. Okay, I was wrong about him. He is jerk too. No wonder they can group together as friends. I don't knwo how to react from these teasing about me and Myungsoo so I just shut up my mouth. I don't want to add the oil into the fire and make it worst. Myungsoo seems to act the same as me. Silent. 

 

The help finally comes as promised by that treller ahjushi.All of us are grumble for food because the last time we ate proper food was at the rest area. Only snacks are filling our starving stomachs right now. The nearest town is taking at least 1 hour from our stranded van. That's why Hoya couldn't find any nearest help yesterday. To walk this far is probably taking at least 2 hours with his long legs. 

 

While our van is fixed by the local mechanic, we decides to go digging a breakfast at the local stalls around this town. We split up into 2 teams, a team goes to buy some foods and another team finds some grocery needs in case something bad may happen again later of the day that we pray not to happen. I am with my sister and Sehun and also Myungsoo to find the grocery. This town is probably the oldest town in the nation because it is very old and undeveloped. I never know that this kind of place is still exist in our country. 

 

"This town is creep me out. Luckily it's morning or I'll swear I  don't have the balls to roam around here unprocted by a S.W.A.T team." says Sehun. Myungsoo and I chuckle almost at the same time. Whatever he's saying can't be wrong at all. The local around here staring at us with suspicious looking eyes. Hello, we are not some kind of people from the outer planet, we are just a bunch of group that looking for a food. Perhaps they're looking at us because we are wearing something that a little bit different from people around here. Some of them still wearing the clothes of 100 years ago. Geez, I am not really sure what year we are in right now but it does feels weird. 

 

"Are you we are still living in the same century because I never see people wearing that kind of clothes in our days anymore." Song Ha Na muttered at us. 

 

"I want to buy some fresh fruits there. Want to come along?" Suddenly Myungsoo asks me. I don't know how to say yes without sounds so excited about it. I look at my sister in order for her to help me. She and Sehun give exactly the same experession at me when Myungsoo only point at me to accompany him to buy fruits. Song Ha Na keeps raising his eyebrows with her sly smile. 

 

"Okay." I give up on getting help from her. It's useless. I quickly follow Myungsoo footsteps and leaving behind Song Ha Na's couple. I can't describe of how I feel about being just us two walking together. I don't know what to say in order to crack the silence between us so I just walk quietly and prentending to be amused by the surrounding of this alien town. 

 

"So.....do you really hadn't date before?" A question finally comes from him. Say what? Why did he asks me that question? I want to deny the truth but he'll know that I lie later on. Besides I already confess to everyone yerterday that I never had a boyfriend in my entire life. 

 

"No..I never date. You?" Okay. That's a really stupid question I ask to him. Of course he had date before! Look at his handsome face and charming manner! No one can resist this guy! I should ask at least what his major, how old is he, where he lives or anything similar like that. So humiliating. 

 

He chuckles to hear my question. He must think I ask a stupid question too. Okay, can I just running from here and get back with mys sister and Sehun, because I find this is VERY awkward! 

 

"Once. During my high school but not now." I don't know why I am feeling giddy to hear his answer. Without I realise about it, I form a small beam on my lips upon hearing his answer. 

 

"I always see you in our business economy class. I find it is amusing to see you always get the right answer whenever Prof Kang asked you questions." Once again I don't know how to respond to his statement. There is actually someone in our class that notices my existence. Did he really finds me amusing or he just utter those sweet words to shoo the awkwardness between us?

 

"Thanks. I just tell what I know. I don't know we are in the same major." I told him. He giggles when I said that. It must be funny to hear from someone like me that not noticed someone as hot as him in our class.

 

" I prefer low profile, so maybe that's why you never noticed me before. By the way, I always seats behind you during class in case you want to know." He slightly smiles and walks owards the fruit stall. I froze at the spot. I must be dumb to not notice a charming creature like him sitting behind me for all this while! So, maybe that is why his face looks familiar to me when I first took a glance at him yesterday. I should start looking at other persons faces when I walk starting this day. I barely know or recognize any faces of persons in my class. Perhaps Kai, Minah, Hoya and HyunAh are also the same major as me but I failed to recognize them. I am such a social idiot. 

 

"Come on, what fruits do you prefer?" Myungsoo calls for me. I head towards him with an awkward smile on my face. Still feeling gulity for not recognize him as one of my coursemates. 

 

" Na Ra, may I hold your bag if you don't mind? The bag looks pretty heavy on you." While choosing the fruits that I want, Myungsoo offering his help to hold my bag. Yes, it is pretty heavy and I am glad he's offering his help. Maybe he notices that I am struggling with it for about a while. 

 

 

He grabs my bag before I give him the answer. "Thanks." I reply short. As always, he gives me his sweet smile of his. I wish I can be on this trip forever. I can't believe I feel this happy despite all of the troubles we had been through since yesterday. Perhaps this is why people love to go camping or havin vacations with their friends. I should add this road trip as one of my favourite because of Myungsoo. 

 

All of us gather back at our van after we buy all of the things we need. The van is almost done to be fix so we can move on from this place soon. The girls decide to fresh up at the local rest house before we get back on the road. I follow them without buckering since I also feels a little bit uncomfortable in this hot weather. 

 

"Yah, tell me what happened between you and Myungsoo just now? What did you both talking?" Song Ha Na suddenly bombarded me with questions about her curiosity of me and Myungsoo. Minah and Hyunah also seem as excited as Ha Na to hear my story. I scratch my unitching head. 

 

"Nothing. We just went to buy some fruits. That's all." I purposely don't want to give them the direct answer. As expected, all of them looks dissapointed to hear my answer. 

 

"Aigoo, don't tell me you don't find any interest in Myungsoo. You guys even cuddling with each other last night!" Minah utters in dissapointement. Hyunah and Ha Na eagerly nooding their heads. I let out a soft sigh. 

 

"That's weird. I always thought that Myungsoo put an interest in you because he always about asking about Na Ra to Ha Na." Hyunah statements makes me froze a second while I am checking on signals on my handphone.

        

 

 

"Yes..I think the same way. Myungsoo never put an interest of any girls since Krystal left him during our senior high school years." Minah adds the statement. 

 

"So,the girl he was once dated before, her name is Krystal?" I ask Minah. My question makes all 3 of them looking at me like I have done something really wrong. What? I only asks a question about Myungsoo pasts girlfriend, is that sounds very weird? 

 

"You do talking about something with Myungsoo..What did he tell you?" Ha Na cought me. Crap. I guess I cannot lie anymore. 

 

"I said nothing much. I asked him about his girlfriend and he told me he don't date anymore since high school. That's all. And there's this and that. Nothing important." I told them the truth. Yes, it's really nothing actually. It was just a casual talk between 2 persons. Normal. 

 

"Hrmmm...it is rare for Myungsoo to be so open about his ex. The last time I asked him about Krystal, he almost slap me if Kai wasn't there." Said Minah. I wonder why Minah many things about Myungsoo but I don't dare to ask her that. I am afraud they will make story that I am putting an interest on Myungsoo. 

 

"Tell me more about Myungsoo during his high school. Was he famous? Don't tell Hoya about this, but Myungsoo is damn gorgeous when I first saw him during freshman. I swear I'm gonna date him if he was not so cold towards girls." Hyunah confessions made us gigle. She is adorable on whatever she did. I bet that is why the gentleman guy likes Hoya fall in love with her. I don't notice that Myungsoo is as cold as Hyunah stated. As far as I know him by today (more less of 30 hours), he is very nice and charming. He is also smiles a lot. I think I am the one who acts too cold towards him. 

 

"Bite me. The girls used to roam around his class because they want to take a glance at Myungsoo. He is like the most beautiful man in our school. He was not as cold as he is now but he is pretty much the same. He didn't bother much with the girls until Krystal showed up. She was a transfer student from America if I was not mistaken. I don't remember her much but I do remember she is a total beauty. The girls feel kinda of threaten by her existance..including me. Hahaha. I think they were together until the senior year but ended up broke up. Don't know the reason behind it. All I know that Krystal went back to America." Minah finish her story about Myungsoo. No wonder she knows so much about Myungsoo, the had been in high school together.

 

"What do you think about him Na Ra..? I think he likes you. I never see Myungsoo being so nice to other girls except for you. Oh, and I notice that Myungsoo always wants to sit behind you during the lectures. Don't you find its interesting?" My sister asked me. I try to avoid any eye contacts with any of the girls.  

 

"He told me about that. He just laughs when I ask him if he is in the same major as I am. He must think that I was a weird person to ask him that question while he was always sitting behind me during class." They also laughing like lunatic as soon as I speak. See...they also find its amusing for not noticing someone like Myungsoo in our class. In fact, I never notices anyone from our class. 

 

"Oh God, you're right about this Ha Na. Your sister is truly one of a kind. Come on, let me touch up your face a little bit so you look more like Ha Na a little bit. No one will tel you both are twins if you have not tell them." Said Hyunah while her fingers swiftly put on a compact powder to may face. I feel like a doll when Hyunah as well as Minah and Ha Na starts to put on some touch up on my face. I never experiences this. My sister always want to doll me but I always refuse her by saying I am not pretty no matter how hard I try to look like one. But, I guess I can never win 3 against 1 this time. I am just going to give in this time. Let me see what kind of scary creature will show up after they paint my face. 

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------