His Noble Love

Faux Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung POV

The sun was already shining when I woke up. I scanned the room and found Mark who was still sleeping peacefully on the sofa. I couldn't help but think about what I said to him last night. I know it was selfish but I'm so scared that Myungsoo and the others will hate me once I told them the truth.

Mark seemed to have taken the news calmly but he's Mark... he was always calm.

"Did you sleep well?" I heard Mark voice.

"Ne." I replied.

"Then let's have breakfast." He was about to stand up but sank back to the sofa. He seemed to be in pain.

"Are you okay, Mark?" I said and went near to him. Judging from his expression, he doesn't look well. He was very pale. "Mark!"

"I'm fine. Just a bit tired." He managed to smile at me. Just then the doorbell rang. "It must be the doctor. Wait on the bed. You just woke up last night don't over-exert yourself."

I was supposed to help him get up but he insisted that I go back on the bed. I obeyed him and he went out of the room. In no time, he was back with a doctor who he introduced as Seulgi's cousin.

"You know Seulgi?" I asked him. He just nodded and sat down on the sofa. The doctor did things I didn't know what for but I patiently waited for her to finish. After what seemed eternity, the doctor talked to Mark in English. 

"It's quite surprising that she woke up without even a trace that she was in a coma. She's perfectly fine. The wounds that she got from the accident are all healed. We can consider her as lucky."

"Thank you, doctor." The doctor was about to leave but then Mark stopped her. "Is there a chance you could speak to Seulgi?"

"Of course." 

"Can you relay a message for me?" The doctor nodded. Mark wrote something to a piece of paper and the doctor took it. "Please tell them do be discreet. I have a feeling he's still watching us from afar."

"I'll do my best. Do you still want me to come back here tomorrow?" The doctor said.

"Yes please. And I'd appreciate if you could give me a phone I could use. I can't let them see me buying one." The doctor nodded and eventually left.

I wasn't able to understand their conversation much. Just the words 'doctor', 'message' and 'phone' made sense to me. But in Mark's eyes, there's just one thing I could see... FEAR.

"Mark. I'm sorry." I said to him.

"What for, Soojung-ah?" He replied.

"Because of me, you had to live like this. I'm sorry." But he just smiled at me. He went near and hugged me tightly.

"Don't be... I chose to do this. This is how much I'm willing to give just for you to be perfectly safe. This is how much I love you." He said.

"But Mark... "

"I know. I'm pretty aware that I already lost you to my bestfriend. I know you can't love me the way I do but please...just allow me to love you. Don't give up just now... We have to go back. They're waiting. I just have to arrange everything." I just nodded and hugged him in return. Mark is a great person. He's been the angel that has been sent from heaven. He was that ray of hope that saved my life. If I hadn't accepted Jiyeon's proposal, I could have continued to love him the way he loves me. Maybe, just maybe, my life could have been less complicated... But things have changed, I'm just sincerely hoping that Mark will find the right girl for him...


Mark POV

After that small talk we had, I excused myself and said that I would take a bath. Soojung said she'll prepare something to celebrate her recovery. I went to the bedroom and prepared my clothes. But I got lazy and went directly to the bed.

Myungsoo and the others must have been so worried. I hope the message reaches Seulgi by now. I can't buy another phone for now. I must be too paranoid but I feel that Mr. Kim is just around the corner. I'm afraid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter