Doubts, Pain and Threats

Faux Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung POV

It's been a week since Chorong-unnie arrived. She oftentimes call me to accompany her to shop or sometimes just hang around...She also knew about my part-time jobs and asked me to quit each one and just work as her assistant. But I don't want to quit just yet. 

I arrived that night from another shopping spree with Chorong-unnie. I never expected that shopping can be very tiring. I think I tried out a hundred different outfits just today. I entered the HQ and was about to go to bed when I saw someone sleeping on the sofa.

Aish... these people, if I have heart attack, I would probably be dead by now. These guys just show up here without even telling me so I could prepare myself. Going nearer to the sleeping prince charming, I was secretly hoping it was Mark. But when I finally had a glimpse of his face, I figured out it was Myungsoo.

"Myungsoo." I called and he stirred from his sleep. Wait, something's not right... The weather tonight is quite hot but why is this guy covered with blankets? "Mr. Jerk, what's with the blankets?"

I managed to get rid of the blankets. And when I touched his face, he was burning with fever. He managed to open his eyes. Realizing that I was staring worriedly at him, he tried to get up.

"You're here. I... I thought Chorong-noona will take you away from me for good." He said jokingly. I just laughed.

"Will you allow her?" I replied.

"Aniyo. Not even Mark." I just nodded and went into the kitchen to find medicine but there was none. 

"Myung, I have to go out. I'll buy some medicine." I was supposed to go out but he stopped me. "Ya. Mr. Jerk, I have to go out."

"I won't let youuuuu..." He teased. "You can't leave me."

"I'll be back. I promise." I thought he'd let me go but his grip went tighter.

"Aniyo. My mother told me the same thing before she left. But she never came back. She broke her promise... I'm not giving you the chance to break yours." I knew it. He's afraid that people will leave him. 

"Arasseo. I won't leave you." I managed to say as I sat down on the sofa. He leaned his head on my shoulders. I could feel his breath of my neck. I hugged him as I gently pat his head. He just smiled and went to sleep.

After a while, I also feel asleep. It was already two in the morning and his temperature hasn't gone down. I knew I had to do something so I grabbed my phone and dialed Mark's number.

"Mark..." I said the moment he answered my call.

"Something wrong, Soojung?" He said worriedly.

"Aniyo. It's just that Myungsoo has a fever but he wouldn't let me go out to buy medicine. I was wondering if you could..."

"Arasseo. I'll be there, wait for me." He hung up.

After 10 minutes, Mark showed up with the medicine. He flinched when he saw our position and looked away immediately. I managed to let Myungsoo drink it though he's half asleep. Making sure that he was asleep, I went into the kitchen to make some coffee and gave it to Mark who was at that time sitting on the HQ's mini veranda just infront of the living room.

"Thank you for coming here, Mark." I said as I sat beside him.

"Thanks for the coffee." He smiled. "And thank you that I'm the one you called." I just nodded.

"Of course."

He suddenly placed his hand on my cheek and pulle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter