Part 1

Starring Role
Please log in to read the full chapter

Not proofread

 

Starring Role (Part 1)

 

            The clock was ticking; the long clock’s hand moved from one small line to another while the shorter one was barely moved. The man on the couch kept staring at the coffee mug in his hand. When he heard jiggling sound of keys, the man turned his head and nearly raised from the couch, but he stopped midway as his neighbour’s door was the one unlocked. It was a very long night.

 

 

…….

 

 

 

            Hyukjae panted heavily after the song ended. It was always like that. He was lost in his dancing and could continue for hours unless someone stopped him. Talking about someone, Hyukjae looked at the door. That person he was waiting for didn’t come to see him practise. This was not the first time and Hyukjae tried to understand that. He tried. With a heavy heart, Hyukjae shouldered his bag and left the practice room.

 

 

 

            Donghae quickly grabbed his stethoscope as the ambulance’s siren could be heard outside the hospital. He rushed past equally busy nurses and doctors. When he reached the entrance, his beautiful co-worker was already there, trying to control the situation. Donghae tapped her shoulder and upon the sight of her co-worker, the female doctor sighed in relief. Donghae felt something vibrating inside his pocket. He clenched his palm; the call remained unanswered.

 

           

 

 

            It was a very cold night and Donghae rolled on his left side, extending his arms. When all he could touch was the cold bed, he opened his eyes. Posted on the night lamp was a sticky-note.

“I have morning practice. Love you.”

            Again, the one that greeted him every morning was the paper.

 

 

 

           

            Hyukjae rubbed his numb hands. He hated morning so much; it was always cold. He pushed the sliding door to the practice room. Inside, his dance partner was already waiting. Her long hair was tied in a bun and she was stretching. Hyukjae playfully pushed her back, causing the younger to cry due to shock. Their banter stopped when Hyukjae started to stretch. Once in a while, Hyukjae stared outside the window. The sky was still dark; Hyukjae knew that person was still sleeping.

 

 

 

 

            Donghae was already wearing his white coat when the clock eight. Browsing through his list of patients, he missed the movement beside him.

“Morning~!”

            Donghae jolted and quickly looked at his right; the beautiful doctor’s face was an inch away. Donghae laughed and softly pushing the doctor away. They were close; she’s the only doctor that was close to Donghae’s age. He stopped in his walk, watching the light-coloured hair of the female doctor swaying while she walked. That colour, it was his favourite hair dye colour on that person.

           

 

 

 

            Hyukjae quickly brushed his bang when the photographer called him. His young and beautiful dance partner wasn’t on the

Please log in to read the full chapter