Age is Nothing But A Number.

Black and Gold

My heart want what it wants. So what if Professor Yune is 20 years my senior. I've been in love with him since he taught physics during my senior year back in high school. Around the same time I've been accepted to UCLA, Professor Yune was also offered a position as a professor here. Besides my friend, Leilani, I am the only person he knows in this class.

"What's wrong with guys our age?" she once asked.

"You're dating Jackson, and he's older than you," I pointed out.

"Yeah, but he's not old enough to be my father like Professor Yune is. He's 39, you're 19! You always did have a thing for older men, McKayla. Remember that French teacher you liked back in eighth grade? Mr. Gillet?

"That was before I knew the man was married, Leilani. Professor Yune isn't even dating anyone, which surprises me, to be honest, for a man his age. I'm still going for it no matter what anyone else says."

I meant what I said that day. I'm more determined than ever to have Professor Yune as my own. I'd even go so far as to sitting in the front of the class and stare at him with a tape recorder switched on my desk, knowing I wouldn't remember a syllable of his lecture. Since I have Professor Yune last, I'd stay behind after class and catch up with him about senior year, or whatever lame excuse I have to speak to him. I just love to hear his voice.

This is the last period of the day, so I made it my mission to tell Professor Yune how I feel about him. Age is nothing but a number, and I'm 19, so he won't be going to jail because I'm legal. I sit in my usual seat in front of the class and placed my tape recorder on the desk, waiting for him to arrive.

Professor Yune waltzed inside. His shoulder-length black hair dusted his shoulders and he walked. He smiled at me, causing his monolid eyes to form into little slits. Well, I only wanted to believe he was smiling at me, but the feeling was still nice. As Professor Yune took off his grey blazer, a black crew neck T-shirt took the form of his strong, veined arms. As usual, I was barely paying attention to Professor Yune's lecture because I was too busy fantasizing lustfully about him the whole time, but I had the recorder on my desk, so it was all good. God, I want him so much!

The bell rang to let everyone know it was the end of the day, but I stayed behind while everyone else left. Today was going to be the day I would confess my love to him. I don't care whether or not he was old enough to be my dad. I still love him no matter what.

Leilani giggled, watching me undress my teacher with my eyes, and whispered, "Good luck, Mrs. Yune." She left with Jackson hand-in-hand.

I confidently approached the desk of my professor and smiled.

Professor Yune looked up and smiled back at me, "Hey there, McKayla."

"Hey, Professor Yune. I've got something to tell you."

"What's up?"

I took in a deep breath and let everything go. "I wanted to get some closure because I couldn't live without you knowing, so here goes. Ever since senior year, I've had a crush on you. I mean, you don't have to go out with me Professor Yune, but I just wanted you to know how I felt. If you don't feel the same way about me, I understand. I know I'm just 19, and I know I still have some growing up to do, but I just wanted you to know how I felt. That's all."

Just when I was about to leave, Professor Yune called me back. "Hey, McKayla."

I turned around to face him, but I still kind of kept my head down since I can't really face him right now. It's not that I'm shy or anything, but I just couldn't look him in the eye for fear of rejection. I know I say I'd understand if he didn't feel the same, but I was almost talking from the side of my mouth.

"You do know I'm much older than you, right?"

"I know that, Professor. I just thought I should tell you anyway because I wanted some closure."

"Well, I'm flattered. Really, I am, McKayla, but don't you think we could get in trouble if people knew we were going out?"

"What are you saying, Professor Yune?"

"I'm saying that I'll be putting a lot on the line if I started dating you..."

I held my head down because I believed I knew where this would be going. I should have known better than to believe he would feel the same way. Professor Yune clearly still sees me as a kid. Suddenly, I felt his hand rest on the top of my shoulder.

"But it's a risk I'm willing to take." Professor Yune smiled at me the same way that made me melt inside, and I couldn't help but smile back. "To be honest, the only reason why I took this job to teach here is to be closer to you." He held my cheeks in both hands, and kissed me with his whisper soft lips. We stayed like this for a good minute until Professor Yune pulled away and kissed me cheek, enabling me to catch my breath. "Since you're 19, I guess that kind of validates our relationship, so I don't see a reason for me to hold back my feelings for you anymore."

"Professor Yune," I breathed.

"You know, McKayla, you don't have to call me Professor anymore. At least not now."

"Well, what should I call you?"

"Karl."

"Okay, Karl. We won't be telling anyone about this, right?"

"Of course not. Why do you ask?"

"Well, you know my friend, Leilani?"

"Yeah. Okay, you can tell her, but make sure she doesn't go around blabbing to anyone else."

"You have nothing to worry about. She takes secrets to the grave."

Karl bent over and gave me another loving peck on the lips.

I cuddled close to my new boyfriend, still in disbelief I've finally have him as my own. "You know, a lot of people have given me flack for liking older men, Karl. I would say to them, 'Age is nothing but a number, so it's really no big deal. Besides, it's not like I'm jail bait anymore."

"People would give me the same kind of flack because I like younger women, too. 'They're only after your money,' they'd say. 'One of them is going to kill you one of these days and take all your money when you least expect it.'"

"Well, those people clearly don't know what they're talking about because they don't know me. I don't care about your money; I only care about the richness of your heart and not your pockets."

Karl embraced me for one last kiss before he left for a meeting. "Bye, McKayla."

"Bye, Karl. See you after class tomorrow." I sighed. God, I love that man.

________________________________________________________________________________

Here's my newest story. I haven't seen any teacher-student AMBW relationships on AFF, so here it is. Thank you for reading.

My inspiration: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/510287/my-hot-chinese-teacher-fluff-romance-hunhan-taoris-baekyeol

The next story I'm going to do is called Panda of Love. I'm going to be using someone in EXO again, so the title is pretty much self-explanatory.

The girl used in the story is Park McKenna Posey. For those of you who've watched My Wife and Kids, you'd know she played Kady Kyle. Yep, she's all grown up now. :)

Also, I'm considering making one of these stories into a fuller version. Which one do you think I should do?

Please read 8 Weeks if you haven't already. I will be updating soon. I haven't abandoned my story. :)

Thank you so much guys!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥