6 - HSL

He's So Lovable [HIATUS // WRITER'S BLOCK]

M: Hey chubs, free tonight? Need to talk.
J: Come over then, i need to sleep early
M: That's a first, haha. See u laterz

Myungsoo paced around his room, trying to string the right words to speak to Jinhee. He was going to tell her not to head for the auditions, get her to come back to ANA Entertainment and... Crush her dreams? Stupid. No, he was going to tell her about his decision to not do Yoon Se Na's song. He heard the demo for Rae Hoon's song. It was going to be a blast and it worried him to no end. President Wook was going to be okay with this decision right? I mean, they should always listen to their artist's point of view.

At 7pm sharp he headed out to Jinhee's place. It was a good thing she was home alone - he wanted her full attention on him today. Not her family. Tomorrow was her audition and Myungsoo knew Jinhee was anxious about it. She would do well and get the part, he just knew it. Jinhee became twice as hardworking ever since nobody noticed her when she got paired up with Minah. This was her time to shine but he was finding it hard to let go of her hand. What if she gets bullied, or ignored again?

"You're early!" Jinhee said brightly as she opened up the door. Typical Jinhee, only Myungsoo gets to see her wearing her famous Hello Kitty PJs.

"Jinhee how do you expect people to take you seriously when you're wearing that?"

"SHUT UP!" She hit him playfully and closed the door behind him. 

"Your lines?" He asked, picking up a script by the coffee table.

"Uh huhh! Want to hear me sing? You have to listen okay! And critic.. No. Comment appropriately!"

"Okay, let's hear it..." Myungsoo settled on the sofa and watched Jinhee prepare the song on her iPad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR93L8sUMNg

"So.....?" Jinhee looked at Myungsoo questioningly.

"Ehem.. Well.. Erm.. Yeah. That was okay... I think.. So... Erm... Why a sad song though?" He couldn't bring himself to tell her she did amazing, it would blow the judges away, she would get the part. He was afraid of giving her hope.

"It was okay...? That's all? Was i that bad?" She looked like she was about to cry.

"No! No no.. You did well.. Don't worry. Who am i to judge right? So, got any food?" Myungsoo quickly stood up and headed over to the kitchen. He needed some distraction. That song got to him. Jinhee's voice got to him. This was probably the first time she sung to him directly.

"Oh.. You're hungry... Omma left some pasta.. Wait i'll heat it up for you.."

Jinhee started taking out the frozen pasta and heated it up, trying to busy herself as well. She was expecting Myungsoo to be proud of her or at least told her she did an amazing job and she nothing to worry about, but he just stood there all blank face. Maybe his problem was much bigger than she expected.

"So... What did you want to talk about?" Jinhee asked as she handed over a plate.

"It's about my debut song..."

"Wae? Se Na's song is good, i've heard it..."

"But Rae Hoon's song is better... I'm worried chubs, what if i don't do well? What if i'm not meant to be a solo artist?" Myungsoo sighed.

"Hey... Don't say it like that. If you can't do solo, President Wook wouldn't even push this for you. You have people rooting for you..."

"I know but... It's just weird you know, being on stage alone. My role was the visual previously.."

"Now you're the main star. It's your time to shine. You've got to show them even without the rest you can do it. And you will do well..."

"You think so?" Myungsoo looked at her, searching for answers. Jinhee nodded and gave a thumbs up sign. "But i've decided to change my debut song.. I'm telling President Wook tomorrow.."

"MWO?!"

"It's Dive's song.. It's good.. Here.. Listen.." Myungsoo took out his phone and played the song for her. It was catchy, very danceful - just his type. It was his comfort zone.

"Whoa... This is so you..." Jinhee murmured.

"You understand me right? Know where i'm coming from?"

"Remember, once you change, it's time to work hard. And you have Se Na's feelings to consider. I'm sure she worked just as hard writing that song..."

"I'll make it up to her... Do you think she likes presents? Should i get her shoes? Perfume? Bags?" As Myungsoo rambled on, Jinhee couldn't help but feel a little jealous. What kind of a twisted love triangle is this. But she kept her composure and just nodded to whatever he was saying. There was no stopping Myungsoo now. He was set on pursuing Yoon Se Na. And Jinhee was going to have to see through it. She had to be his wing man.

After dinner they plopped themselves infront of the tv and starting watching Grease 1 & 2 again at Jinhee's request. She wanted to be well prepared for tomorrow's audition. Myungsoo knew this was huge for her so he pushed aside the nagging feeling on his heart. It wasn't right to tell her not to go for the auditions no matter how much he was against it. 

Halfway through the movie, Jinhee dozed off - leaving Myungsoo to finish the movie alone. Even after the movie was done Jinhee didn't wake up. Maybe the countless practices she put herself through made her worn out. It was almost 11pm and he needed to head back to the dorm, but he felt bad leaving her like this. Sighing out loud, Myungsoo carefully carried Jinhee bridal style and walked slowly to her bedroom. He laid her down gently on the bed and pulled her covers up. She was still using the Hello Kitty bedsheets he got for her birthday last year. He smiled a little and sat down by her side, her hair.

Something inside him stirred and he pulled his hand away fast. Just as he did that, a tear fell onto her cheeks and Myungsoo wondered if Jinhee still had feelings for him. Was she hurting as well? 

-

M: You're heavy you know that. Anwyay good luck for your auditions later. Hwaiting chubs! *brofist bump*
J: You shouldn't have carried me then, i could've broken your precious arm.
M: Stop PMS-ing. 
J: Stop talking to me.
M: Call me later okay? ^^
J: No. 

Jinhee put her phone aside and stared into the mirror, Myungsoo was such a clueless boy sometimes. Sheesh. She brushed out her hair and checked her make-up twice. There was still time but she wanted to head out early, she was having the jitters. It was just a normal audition, people go for auditions all the time right? 

"BAEK JINHEE ARE YOU DONE?!?!" Ji Young shouted from below.

"COMING UNNIE!" She quickly grabbed her bag and coat and rushed down, completely forgetting about her phone.

"Yah! Have breakfast first you two!" Their mom shouted and held onto Jinhee's bag before she got the chance to rush out.

"Oops! Hehe. Okay omma"

The drive to the theater was quiet, Jinhee was still humming her song and fiddling with her fingers. This was even worse than performing infront of President Wook and the others. At least she wasn't so much in the spotlight back then. Now she was going to be alone and... Yeah just alone.

"Relax, you'll do well baby sis" Ji Young comforted her sister who looked like she was about to barf anytime soon.

"What if i faint? Or forgot my lyrics? Or - "

"Shut up. You will do well. I know you will. Don't overthink things"

"Ne unnie"

Once they were inside the theater, Jinhee held onto Ji Young's arms tight almost clawing it. There were a few familiar faces auditiong - IDOLS! Now she was even more nervous. They had more experience. Ji Young smacked her hand hard and she let go immediately, feeling like punching herself for being a nervous wreck. They finally arrived at the sign up table and she was the third to go - there were 10 more auditioning for the part of Stephanie (Pink Ladies). The rumours were true, 2PM's Junho was already casted for the role of Michael. Which means, Jinhee was going to absolutely faint if she got the part of Stephanie. Getting the part of Paulette would make her faint as well since SHINEE's Jonghyun was Johnny.

"Name please?" The lady at the table asked, looking bored.

"B.. Baek Jinhee. Auditioning for Stephanie"

"Wait there, your turn will probably be in about 30 minutes"

"Relax..... Breathe. Do you remember how to breathe?" Ji Young said as they sat down somewhere near the concert hall.

"Y... Yes... Omg unnie Jonghyun and Junho? LIKE SERIOUSLYYY!! Wait till i tell - oh. wait. My phone, i must have left it at home. URGHHH!!"

"Stop it! Be professional. You can tell Myungsoo all about it when you reach home later..."

"But - "

"No buts. Now relax. And breathe. And wait here. I'm going to find some coffee"

-

Myungsoo looked inside the practice room, watching Se Na's every move. President Wook must have broken the news to her, she looked like she was about to crack anytime soon. This was how it felt like to crush someone's dream? He was most certainly not going to do it to Jinhee, Baek Ji Young will come after him like a mad woman. And he did not want to deal with that. Not that he should do it to Se Na but, songs always get rejected right? Maybe something better will come for her after this.

"Yoon Se Na..." Myungsoo stepped inside the room and her head shot up.

"O.. Oh you're here..."

"Your song is good... But... It isn't for me.. Maybe someone else..."

"It's okay... I'll do better next time..."

"So why are you cooped up here?"

"I... Just need time to think... And you?"

"Just wanted to see you. I mean, see how you're doing..."

"Thanks...."

He brought his face closer to her, just inches apart and his heart started beating fast again. "Don't smile like that, my heart is beating..."

"Y... Yah..." Se Na pushed him away gently and felt her face blush. That was too close for comfort.

"Oh? Why is noona calling me? Yobseyo?" It was Baek Ji Young. Se Na tried hard not to eavesdrop but when she saw Myungsoo's face grow pale, she got quite worried.

"Wae? Did something happen to Jinhee?" Se Na asked urgently.

"No... I mean... Yes..." Myungsoo stared at his phone and sighed out loud. "Jinhee got the part. She's going to be Stephanie....."

"OMO!! That's good news!! You should bring her out to celebrate!! Wait. Stephanie right? That means she's - "

"Will be kissing Lee Junho. Urghh!" Myungsoo stood up and kicked a nearby stool and stomped off - wanting to see Jinhee that instant.

"Boyaa that guy.. Can't even he happy for his own friend" Se Na muttered to herself.