5 - HSL

He's So Lovable [HIATUS // WRITER'S BLOCK]

One week passed and Jinhee was still rotting around the house not knowing what to do. Myungsoo called a few times and they chatted, mostly it was him talking about his upcoming solo debut which she was actually highly anticipating, she knew how much he suffered being with Infinite Power. Jinhee had the feeling President Wook would end up choosing Se Na's song since he was paying special attention to her but she might be wrong. But if she was right, then Myungsoo would pretty much be spending most of his time with her which made Jinhee feel a little left out and sad.

"Jinhee! Could you come down!" She heard her unnie call out from the living room below.

"Ne unnie! I'll be right down!" 

M: Hey chubs. Dinner tonight? I have good news!
J: Sure, do you want me to pick you up?
M: It's okay, i'll come by around 7!

"Hi unnie...." Jinhee hugged her sister tight, more for comfort since she was feeling so depressed.

"I have a surprise!" Ji Young exclaimed gleefully as the sisters pulled apart.

"W... What is it...." 

"I got you an audition for a musical!"

"WHAT!"

"Amazing right? Say unnie you're the best!"

"Unnie micheossuh?! Ommaaaaaaaaa what has she donee!!" Jinhee whined as she started pacing back and forth not believeing what her sister just conveyed.

"Wae???? Shouldn't you be thanking me? Look it's just an audition! You haven't got the part yet! Sheesh woman calm down I know you hate to use my connections but please just go for this once.... Please... I hate seeing you moping around the house.."

"Your unnie is right Jinhee.. You've wanted to perform since young.. Just give this a shot.." Her mother encouraged her while her father decided to stay out of the whole drama.

"Unnie you better promise this is the first and last you're helping..." Jinhee glared at her sister.

"First and last. Promise. After this you're on your own kid" Ji Young replied seriously, trying to hold back her laughter. Something about Jinhee being mad made her look so cute.

"Okay. What when where why which how?"

"Don't flip alright. It's Grease 2...."

"OMG YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! OMG UNNIE OMGGGG OMG OMMA! OMG OMMA I'M GOING TO BE A PINK LADY OMGAIDDDD APPPPPAAAAAA!!!"

"Whoa whoa calm down now Jinhee..." Her father grabbed hold of her when she started pacing back and forth non-stop again.

"Told you she would like it Omma. Hahaha" Ji Young glanced over to their mother.

"Breathe Jinhee!"

"Unnie thank you so much!! I promise i'll do so freaking well i'll make everyone proud! When's the auditions? Omg i need to practice! I WANNTTT A COOOOOLLLL RIDERRR A COOL COOL RIDERRRR~" Jinhee started clapping her hands gleefully and belting out the song passionately.

"Two days from today. I'll drive you there. Be mindful some other people would be there to audition so you will have to do extremely well since this is your first"

"GOMAWO UNNIE!" Jinhee hugged her sister tightly again and ran up her room to give Myungsoo the good news.

J: MYUNGSOO I HAVE AMAZING NEWSS WHERE ARE YOU CAN WE TALK
M: Whoa chubs your caps please. Stop. Hahaha. I'm in the recording room. What's up?
J: Oh mianhe! It's okay we'll talk over dinner okay!
M: Se Na's coming along. I asked her to. 

Jinhee frowned at his last message and seriously considered to cancel the whole dinner plans, but that would make it super obvious that she was jealous. Replying a short and curt okay, she then went around moping in her room, taking her time to search what to wear later. It's not like she had to dress to impress, she had nobody to impress.

At 5 minutes to 7pm she heard a honk outside and contemplated on faking sick but then Myungsoo could probably tell she was lying. Instead, she grabbed her bags, bid goodbye to her family and walked out to face the two people she didn't want to be around with. Especially when they're together. Myungsoo was being a jerk around Se Na but everyone's watched a few movies and know that when boys act like that they're just tying to gain her attention cause he likes her. Bleahs. 

As Jinhee got into the car, Se Na smiled warmly at her while Myungsoo smirked - looking like he was unable to contain himself about the news he was about to say. Jinhee just smiled back and asked politely about their day even though she wasn't really paying attention to the details. She just wanted some fresh air. They arrived at a fancy restaurant, probably Myungsoo's choice and got a place a quiet corner. It felt weird the ambience, Se Na was being nice but Jinhee wanted some private time with Myungsoo. Guess it can never happen now.

"You girls ready to order?" Myungsoo asked without bothering to look at the menu. He must know the menu by his fingertips Se Na guessed.

"I'll just have salmon..." Jinhee replied even though her eyes were on the steak.

"I'll have pasta.." Se Na followed.

"So.... What's the big news?" Jinhee looked back from Se Na to Myungsoo, omg were they going to tell her they've started dating?!

"Let's hear yours first chubs..." He replied.

Se Na almost bit back a laugh hearing Myungsoo's pet name for Jinhee. It seemed to her they were extremely close but right now at this moment she couldn't see it. Half the time Myungsoo was trying to get her to try some of his food while Jinhee looked uncomfortable but always seemed to laugh it off everytime either one of them asked. Could it be she's really fallen for Myungsoo?

"I'm going to audition for the Grease 2 musical..." Jinhee said quietly, feeling like her news wasn't news at all.

"Oh my gosh! That's so cool!" Se Na said excitedly, the first Grease was a hit and she was pretty sure the second one would be a hit as well. It would open a million doors for Jinhee if she got the part.

"M... Mwo?" Myungsoo just look dumbfounded. He didn't understand what he was feeling. He didn't know how to react, usually it was him telling Jinhee these stuffs. Now people were going to know his chubs? They would drift even further apart? "When... When's the auditions?" He asked clearing his throat.

"Two days from today. Unnie will drive me there... She kinda helped to get in the auditions but i'll have to work hard..."

"I'm sure you'll do well... Right Myungsoo?" Se Na looked at him - he was still looking dazed.

"I... Yeah... But musicals? I thought you wanted to be an idol?"

"I don't mind anything as long as i get to perfrom..."

"I heard the trainees saying Junho was already casted for the role of Michael..." Se Na added happily.

"Junho... As in 2PM Junho...?" Myungsoo asked cautiously. This was bad. Jinhee had the biggest crush on him after Rain sunbaenim. 

"OH MY GOSH! How do you know that Se Na??" Jinhee said excitedly. "I mean.. It's not like i like him or anything but.... Oh my gosssshh!!"

The two girls suddenly bonded how cute Junho looked and Myungsoo slumped in his seat. He's already imagined the scene when Jinhee told him about her debut. He was supposed to be happy for her, not feeling... Heck he doesn't even know what he's feeling. It was more like he didn't want other people to be around her. When she was in ANA Entertainment Jinhee always had Myungsoo. But what about now? Was that the thing that is actually worrying him? Or was it something more?

Jinhee found Se Na rather nice and scolded herself mentally for getting jealous over Se Na. She could see why Myungsoo was starting to fall for her and she didn't blame him. She was like a breath of fresh air while Jinhee... Jinhee was like a piece of rock. Trust her to always be the stronger one. No wonder Myungsoo depended on her a lot.

"Oh that's right! What's your good new Myungsoo? I already shared mine..." Jinhee could see Myungsoo wasn't really paying attention to anything right now but she brushed it off, thinking he was probably worried about his upcoming solo debut.

"We.... I mean... President Wook chose a song for my debut..." Myungsoo started and Se Na started fiddling with her thumbs.

"Omo! He chose your song didn't he!" Jinhee looked at Se Na and the girl nodded bashfully. "Congrats!!! I'm sure your song would be a hit, President Wook may not be working on anymore songs but i'm sure he could see something in yours"

"Th.. Thanks Jinhee..."

"Myungsoo.. You got to work hard arasso?!" Jinhee glared at her friend playfully. All he did was smile and nodded before getting up to settle the bill. 

"Is it okay if you guys send me home first... I still need to work on my song..." Se Na said while checking her phone.

"Yah. Stop working so hard, get some rest. Take a break once in awhile.." Myungsoo grumbled as he gestured for the girls to get into his car. Jinhee noticed his words to Se Na and caught herself feeling slightly jealous. This was harder than she thought.

After dropping Se Na off, the ride home was quiet, full of tension and Jinhee couldn't decipher what all this was about. Tonight was supposed to be a happy celebration. But he brought Se Na. And then he didn't seemed too enthusiastic when he heard about her auditioning for the musical. Was he not supportive of her dream? Myungsoo knew how much Jinhee loved to perform, so he should be happy but somehow he just couldn't. He felt worried and scared.

"Okay... So we're here..." Jinhee said as she unbuckled herself. Myungsoo didn't seem like himself today.

"Jinhee?"

"Yeah?"

"I.... I'm happy for you, you know..." He stammered.

"Seriously? You've been putting a long face ever since i mentioned about this. Is something wrong?"

"I.. I just thought we would be able to stand on stage together one day.. It feels like we're separating.."

"One day we will. But now i need to work even harder. And you should too. Now quit worrying..."

"Yah Baek Jinhee... You can't fall in love with Junho sunbaenim arasso?"

"Haha. Like he'll notice me.. Goodnight Myungsoo.." Jinhee said and walked back into her house, feeling confused. What is up with Myungsoo?

That night Myungsoo tossed and turned in bed, feeling anxious. He didn't like this feeling. He didn't want Jinhee to debut. He wanted Jinhee to just remain hidden as his Jinhee, his good friend, his little sister. He didn't want anyone looking at her. What's wrong with you Myungsoo?