10 - HSL

He's So Lovable [HIATUS // WRITER'S BLOCK]

Upon arriving back at Seoul from Japan, Jinhee contemplated on meeting up with Myungsoo. She did owe him an explanation, but was he really worth her time trying to explain everything? All Jinhee wanted to do was let the ground open up and swallow her instead of thinking about Myungsoo's feelings. He sure didn't think about hers.

M: You're back aren't you. Your pictures are all over Naver
J: Yes
M: Can i come over?
J: Don't. I'll meet you somewhere
M: Finally chubs! You got a whole lot of explaining to do
J: Arasso

Jinhee sighed as she unpacked her bags slowly. She decided on handing over the package his fans sent back to him. It was no use keeping it with her since it would only bring back painful memories. Myungsoo probably wouldn't even bat an eyelash over it. 

"Hey sis, can i come in?" Ji Young knocked on her bedroom door.

"Yeah sure..."

"Hyun Wook called me the other day..."

"Oh. What about?"

"Would you be okay with performing with Myungsoo for Immortal Song?" Ji Young asked her carefully seeing Jinhee not being herself.

"I won't do it..."

"Wae???"

"Unnie. Can you not talk about this right now? And i really do not want to sing with Myungsoo now or ever. So tell President Wook to back off"

"That's harsh Jinhee ah. Especially coming from you..."

"I'm just tired of people asking for help from me because of Myungsoo okay! Am i his doll? His saviour? He has Se Na right. And she can bloody sing! Let her sing with him! She's already writing songs for him!"

"Whoa... Calm down... Where did that come from..."

"Unnie could you leave? I just want to be alone right now"

"S... Sure..."

When Ji Young left Jinhee cried non-stop, feeling guilty at snapping at her sister. She was just merely conveying the message. But she was tired of always having to help Myungsoo. Choosing to meet him was going to be a mistake, but she had to. Once and for all Jinhee decided she would have to let Myungsoo know they can never go back to how things were. Jinhee was too broken and Myungsoo was too clueless.

After dinner Jinhee drove out to the park she used to hang out with Myungsoo and sat on the swings, waiting for him to come by. Myungsoo came not long after and it took every will power in her not to run into his arms when he came smiling, showing off his dimples.

"Hey chubs..." Myungsoo greeted her, his eye side-eyeing the package next to her. "Are those for me from Japan?"

"They're yours. But they aren't from Japan"

"Yah. How could you just leave like that? And who was that guy anyway?!"

"I just needed a break. The guy was just a schoolmate i bumped into"

"Oh. Well. Ehem. That's good to know. If you ever decide to have a boyfriend, i should approve of him first!"

"Arasso..."

"Did you hear my song on A Song For You? Amazing huh!"

"It is. Se Na really did a good job"

"I'm thinking of asking her to work with me for my upcoming album. What do you think?"

"I think whatever you decide will work out for you"

"Haha. I know right?! Se Na seems off though, i think she likes someone else. But it's okay, i'll make sure she falls for me"

"Hmm. That's good"

"Oh right. I need a partner for Immortal Song. What about it chubs?"

"No... I don't want to..."

"Wae...... We always said we would perform together one day"

"Maybe not now..."

"I already told President Wook you would do it. So no back outs"

"Liar. Unnie asked me first and i already told her no"

"MWO?! Urgh Baek Jinhee please please please do this with me!!!"

"Why don't you do it with Se Na?"

"She's a songwriter! Not a singer!"

"You know she can sing"

"Yeah.. B.. But.. You sound better..."

Jinhee sighed. "Just this once. And them i'm done. I'm going to the States after that..."

"Wh.. What..."

"I got an offer to join the Hairspray musical..."

"How... How long..."

"A year..."

"Your parents are okay with this?"

"They'll be moving with me for the time being"

Myungsoo was stumped. They haven't been apart for that long. Even when Myungsoo went on tour previously with Infinite Power, Jinhee would visit him if the country was beyond Asia. But was he willing to do the same for her? The pair kept quiet for the longest time, each not knowing how to continue the conversation. All Myungsoo thought about was how empty he was going to feel without Jinhee around. Of course he had Se Na but, she isn't Jinhee.

"I think i better go.. I'm really tired" Jinhee finally said as she stood up from the swing.

"O..Oh. Arasso.."

"Bring that package home. I don't need it. You can do whatever you want with it. Throw it out if you like.."

"N.. Ne... Jinhee?"

"Yes?"

"You'll come for practice tomorrow right for Immortal Song"

"I will..."

"See you tomorrow then..."

"Bye Myungsoo.."

(Immortal Song Performance)

"Jinhee and Myungsoo, standby!" PDnim called out to them.

Myungsoo smiled, it felt really good hearing his name by her side. This was their first time ever performing together and he was really looking forward to it. Jinhee on the hand, looked like she didn't want to be here. He was worried but she always brushed it off saying it was because she was nervous. The musical stage and this stage seemed like two different worlds for her.

"Nervous?" Myungsoo whispered to her.

"Kind of..."

"We're good"

Jinhee just smiled in response.

"And now ladies and gentleman... Let's give it up for... Myungsoo and Jinhee!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Cx1mbsr-E

Once the performance ended, everyone was standing up applauding. They took their bows but Myungsoo was feeling a whole lot of different. Everytime when Jinhee sang it got to him. When she cupped his face he felt special, he felt important. 

[PERFORMANCE BY MYUNGSOO AND JINHEE BLEW FANS AWAY]

[+437 -142]: They were amazing on stage together. Just date!

[+723 -562]: Jinhee looked like she was about to break down anytime. Are they an item already?

[+943 -231]: I ship them so hard!! MyungJin? ^^

[+667 -98] Myungsoo already said before they were just good friends, Jinhee is like his little sister

[+457 -321]:Jinhee's sad cause she's about to leave for the States. Dont you guys read the news?

M: Hey chubs, did you read the news?
J: Nope. Wae?
M: We did good. Everyone loved our performance
J: That's good to know...
M: I'm meeting Se Na tomorrow for lunch. Wanna come?
J: No thanks. I have somewhere i need to go
M: You don't seem yourself these past weeks... Wanna talk about it?
J: I'm just tired. Goodnight Myungsoo.

Jinhee continued packing her bags and sighed out loud. This was going to be the second time she was leaving without informing Myungsoo. But she knew she had to do this. She'd never have his heart. But she had to say goodbye to someone. Myungsoo's mom.

"Jinhee ah... What are you doing her so late? Is Myungsoo with you?" His mom said as she opened the door for her.

"Ani.. I'm alone. I just need to inform you something..."

"Have a seat dear... I saw your performance with Myungsoo just now... It was amazing.."

"Thank you Eomeoni..."

"Did you know.. Just the other day he said he had someone he like. I wonder who could it be" His mom smiled.

"It's Yoon Se Na.. His songwriter..."

"Ah jinjjja? Thought it was you..."

"Hah. I'm only his younger sister Eomeoni.." Jinhee replied sadly and tried to control her tears. "Anyway.. I'm leaving for States tomorrow..."

"So soon? Wae?"

"I... I got an offer to do a musical there.. So..."

"Have you told Myungsoo?"

"Y.. Yes..." Jinhee lied. She did tell him, but she didn't say when. 

"Wow. I'm happy for you Jinhee.. But it just seems so sudden. Is everything okay here?"

"Of course Eoemeoni. Everything is okay.."

-

@jjinhee posted:
*Selca with Myungsoo about a year ago*
How did you guys like our performance? See you all soon! ^^

[BREAKING: BAEK JINHEE POSTS SOMETHING ON INSTAGRAM, FANS ARE QUESTIONING IS SHE LEAVING?]