4 - HSL

He's So Lovable [HIATUS // WRITER'S BLOCK]

"Yobseyo? Jinhee?"

"Ne Manager Kim.. What's up?"

"Myung.. Erm.. Do you know where Myungsoo is?" Manager Kim rambled on as he tried to scroll through social media platforms to see if anyone saw Myungsoo somewhere. No such luck.

"MWO?! HE'S MISSING?!" Jinhee screamed into her phone and sat up abruptly on her bed. This was so not like her friend. She tried to think of all the places he could go to but she knew better, he wouldn't just go to someplace where someone would find him. He wouldn't be at their usual places.

"Omo. He didn't contact you? That's weird..."

"I.. We had a fallout"

"AH BOYAA BAEK JINHEE! YOU WERE MY ONLY HOPE!"

"I'll go look for him"

"Update me arasso?"

Jinhee hung up and got dressed quickly suddenly feeling bad she left him hanging yesterday. This was their first huge fight and she didn't know if they were going to make up especially since let the cat out of the bag. Scrolling through her phone she found Rae Hoon's number and dialled it first even though she knew the possiblity of Rae Hoon being with Myungsoo was very low, she had to try. No response from him. Myungsoo wasn't answering her calls either and it was driving her mad. 

"Omma, i'm going out. Myungsoo's missing" Jinhee told her mom as she was putting on her shoes.

"MWO? Omo, is he okay? Where is he??"

"Molla. I'm going to look for him. Don't wait up for me okay. And call me if he calls here or anything.."

Once she buckled her seatbelt, Jinhee suddenly froze because she had absolutely no idea where to start. Driving to his mom's place would take about 2 plus hours and she had no confidence of driving that far alone. For the last time she tried calling, and was brought straight to mailbox.

Now she wished they didn't fight yesterday, maybe he wouldn't run away. Maybe he would just hide at her place. What has she done? Ten minutes passed and Jinhee was still stuck infront of her house, cramming her brain and getting more anxious by the minute.

J: Myungsoo, odisseo???
J: Please let me come see you
J: I'm sorry about yesterday.... Please dont shut me out

Even without knowing where to head to, Jinhee drove off and started going around the places they would always hang out, places where Myungsoo would be at when he wanted some peace. She hoped and prayed he would turn up somewhere but not even a strand of his hair could be found.

The last place she reached was his mom's place.

"Eomeoni? It's Jinhee....." The lights were on but it didn't seem like anyone was inside. She rang the doorbell a few more times then went around to the back. "Eomeoni!" His mom was sitting on the ground, clutching her phone.

"O.. Oh? Omo... Jinhee ah..."

"Gwenchana????" She ran and hugged the elder woman, she must have been worried sick.

"Myungsoo.... Called me just now...."

"Mw.. Mwo? Is he okay? Where is he?"

"He said he's fine... Told me not to be worried... Wae... Wae did you come? Did he not call you...?"

"Let's go inside first Eoemoni.. It's getting cold.."

JInhee helped his mom up and walked hand in hand back into his house. She remembered being with him, laughing at the stories his mom shared about his childhood. He was truly the apple of her eye.

-

W: Jinhee ah, i know i told you i would support whatever decision you made, but can you please reconsider abt leaving?

-

"Why do you always have to make people's heart beat fast?"

Those words repeated in Jinhee's mind a million times. She wished those words were meant for her, but no. It was meant for Yoon Se Na. What was it now? Was it because she wasn't there for him? Maybe Se Na was more charming and had more talent? Because they constantly met up? Jinhee realised he reached out to her first when he was hiding out in the hotel.

Everything was a mess.

She was meant to come back because she was seriously reconsidering to come back. She wanted to see Myungsoo again. She didn't like the idea of not knowing where he was, when he was uncontactable. It hurt he didn't reach out to her anymore whenever he was facing a problem. All because she said out her feelings then pushed him away & left ANA Entertainment.

Jinhee barged into the ladies' and stared into the mirror. Again she lost Myungsoo?

"Baek Jinhee?" It was Se Na. Uh oh, Jinhee did not forsee this situation.

"O..Oh.. Hi Se Na!" She mustered up the brightest smile she could. Se Na on the other hand was looking daze after hearing those words from Myungsoo.

"Wae.. Erm.. Don't mean to be rude... But.."

"Oh! I left a few things here.. Just came by to pick them up.. I better get going.."

"Are you going to see Myungsoo?"

"Ah.. He's come back already? N... No.. I'll just go now.."

Se Na watched Jinhee walked out feeling a little awkward and bad at the same time. She must really liked Myungsoo but what the heck did he just confess to her moments ago?! She wasn't sure about her feelings for Myungsoo either. He was an irritating jerk but she felt bad for him as well and it felt natural to be there for him. But she also knew how much Jinhee has kept her feelings for Myungsoo. Was this a love triangle?

While Jinhee was rushing out, she hoped she didn't bump into anyone else. She couldn't think straight right now. It was all too painful. 

J: President Wook, i'm really sorry. I've tried to reconsider but i don't think i want to be here anymore. I'm sorry i let you down

"Yah! Look where you're - Ji... Jinhee..?" The blonde-haired boy infront of her looked annoyed then his expression changed, it became softer. It's only been a few days she hasn't seen him but she already missed him so much.

"M.. Myungsoo.. Sorry.. I just came by to take.. My things.." Jinhee barely got her words out as she tried to remain calm.

"I... You.. Erm.."

"I'll see you around Myungsoo.." She said quietly and walked away from him. As long as he's happy, Jinhee can be too.

"Wait!"

"Yeah?"

"We... We're still friends right?" Myungsoo flashed his signature smile and it broke her heart even more.

"Always"

"You'll still be by my side even though you're no longer in ANA right..?"

"Yeah, let's just forgot what happened before.."

"Alright that's my Jinhee!" 

That night Jinhee laid in bed feeling numb and hopeless. Back to square one, back to pretending. That night she was determined to move on, no matter what it takes. Should she turn her attention to someone else?