3 - HSL

He's So Lovable [HIATUS // WRITER'S BLOCK]

"Are you okay?" Se Na rushed and helped Myungsoo up. She didn't know Jinhee had that in her.

"Y.. Yeah" He looked around but couldn't see Jinhee anywhere, he was starting to get worried. "I heard you have a battle with Producer Seo.."

"Huh? Oh.. Yeah..."

"You know, Jinhee thinks your songs are good.. So don't mope around and hurry up! I want a number one song, remember that!"

"Yah! Do you think i could just write a song within a day?!"

"Hwaiting.." Myungsoo patted her head and walked out, taking out his phone to call Jinhee.

There wasn't any answer even after he called for about five times. Jinhee must really want her alone time right now. Myungsoo just wished she would open up abit more. He walked around the building, looking for her. Nobody saw where she went. Just then, Rae Hoon walked in with Ahreum by his side. This was so not the time for them to bump into each other. Myungsoo knew he was getting over Ahreum but seeing her with his fellow band member just irked him to no end.

"Looking for someone?" Rae Hoon asked. Ahreum just looked bored looking at Myungsoo.

"Nobody you know"

"President Wook looking for ya"

"I know"

(Infinite Power Disbandment)

Se Na felt bad for Myungsoo, he was an outcast in his own group and she felt responsible for all this. She was so proud of her song and because Myungsoo even agreed to sing for her she felt bad nobody was going to listen to it now. She walked around the building hoping to find Myungsoo, she guessed he could probably use a friend right now.

She found him in the practice room, practicing his dance - even though there was no album to look forward to. He probably just needed to free his mind. Even though they constantly fought, Se Na thought Myungsoo was just like any other human being, with problems and baggages weighing on him. And it didn't help sometimes when the whole world was against him. She found that she cared for him a little, even if he was a jerk most of the time. There was probably a reason why he put up such a strong front.

"Hey... Can i come in?" Se Na asked softly as she opened the practice room door.

"Are you trying to tell me i told you so or something like that?"

"No... Just thought you needed a friend..." She walked in and sat beside him on the floor, he was looking super defeated.

"Yeah. Friend huh? Wonder where mine went" Se Na knew he was talking about Jinhee but didn't press on the matter. The boy was already fuming mad.

"Since nobody else is around, you can always talk to me you know.."

"The president's pet huh.. You're the last person i expect to share my problems with.." Myungsoo sighed and closed his eyes, leaning against the huge mirror. He felt like the whole world was crumbling down on him. He didn't know what was going to happen to his career now and he didn't know where Jinhee went, it's been three weeks already. Nobody had answers for him.

"Cheer up. Want to grab some chicken? I know a good place nearby..."

-

Jinhee skipped three weeks of training and ignored all calls from Myungsoo. She was getting there, she was finally going to get over Myungsoo. She was going to stop dreaming to be an idol. She was going to quit ANA Entertainment. So why was she feeling so down being in President Wook's office telling him about cancelling her contract? Her sister offered to bring her into her company instead but she refused, she didn't want people to think she got it easy because her elder sister was Baek Ji Young. She wanted to make it on her own, just like how her sister did.

"Are you sure about cancelling your contract?" President Wook asked her again.

"Ne..."

"Explain to me again, just make me understand. Why are you giving up so fast?"

"I... Well... Producer Seo.. Erm.. Manager Kim.. Well they both..." Jinhee sighed and took a deep breath, trying to calm herself and tried to speak again. "It's mainly because of your dongsaeng. I trained long and hard everyday but nobody notices me. Your sister gets all the limelight because your mom pressures everyone in the company to make sure she can sing. I don't mind being paired up with her and helping her but if it affects my dream.."

"Are you rushing to debut?"

"No, that's not what i mean.. I just.. Can't you just let me off? I'm really tired President Wook.."

"Let me hear you sing just once.. I'll let you have my opinion.."

"Mwo?"

"Go on, prove to me you're Baek Ji Young's sister. Let's see if you have it in you"

Myungsoo was walking past the office with Se Na when he caught sight of Jinhee in the office and stopped dead in his tracks. He felt like he knew why she was in there, she rarely spoke to anyone and if she was in there - something big was about to go down. He called to Se Na to stop, it looked like Jinhee was about to sing. Was she trying to get President Wook to debut her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dg3-3AC3Ro&list=RD9Dg3-3AC3Ro#t=6

"Jinhee ah...." Myungsoo barged into the room, not caring if President Wook was going to be mad at him.

"M.. Myungsoo..."

"Jinhee, if you want to leave.. Go on. I won't stop you. I'm sorry things aren't working out for you here. But I'm sure you'll do amazing things in the future"

"Wh.. What are you talking about sir? Jinhee.. Leaving?" Myungsoo stammered as he looked back and forth to Jinhee and President Wook. Se Na stayed put as she felt another wave of pity hit her.

"You've got company?" Jinhee suddenly asked, when she saw Se Na standing outside. "Thanks President Wook. I'll see you around.." She grabbed her bags and walked out the door quickly, gave a smile to Se Na and walked away fast.

"Baek Jinhee! Wait up!" Myungsoo chased after her. Damn she really could walk super fast. "Are you deaf? Wait!" He grabbed her wrist and pulled her to the side.

"Let go Myungsoo... Please"

"Why are you leaving? Why did you disappear on me like that? What's happening to you?"

"I've told President Wook my reasons.. I just need to go okay.. We'll still be friends.."

"WHERE WERE YOU WHEN MY GROUP LEFT ME!"

Jinhee kept numb, she felt bad about that. She should've been there for him when the news broke out but she wasn't. When she saw Se Na approaching him, she couldn't stand it anymore. Did their friendship just come down to Jinhee being his saviour the whole time? She didn't like fighting with Myungsoo, but she needed to let him go.

"I'm sorry...."

"Please don't leave Jinhee.. I don't have anyone else..."

"What am i to you huh?"

"Mwo?"

"What do you take me as?"

"You're my chubs. Best bud. We stick up for each other right?"

"Kim Myungsoo you're so clueless sometimes. Can't you tell i'm in love with you? After everything we've been through you still can't see that? Are you really that naive?" Jinhee finally let out her feelings. Myungsoo was caught off guard.

"L... Love? Jinhee ah... B.. But..."

"I know, you don't see me like that. That's why i need to go. Besides my dream isn't going anywhere if i stay here..."

"You're not in your right state of mind. Let's go have chicken okay? My treat. You're muttering nonsense right now..." Myungsoo tried to coax her out of her decision and also try to not let the fact of her loving him digest. Wasn't Jinhee just like his little sister even though they were the same age?

"I need to go Myungsoo.. I'm really sorry... There's nothing left for me here..."

"You have me... You'll always have me!"

"But i don't want you like that... It hurts me that it's a one sided thing. I'm tired of fighting against myself. I'm tired of trying to shut away my feelings. I'm tired of seeing you only look at Ahreum. I have to think about myself now.."

"Jinhee ah..."

Jinhee braced herself and stepped forward to hug the boy tightly then let him go completely. She was going to miss him, every single thing about him. But right now she needed to take care of herself first. She walked away with a heavy heart and Myungsoo just looked on, trying to understand the whole situation.

"The song she sang just now.. It was for you" He heard Se Na coming up behind him.

Was he really blind?