48 JaeHee's Story (Part 2)

"Mr" Right

From their first meeting on, Minsang and Jaehee met often - very often. 

Most of the times, Minsang would be there in the morning to pick Jaehee up and together they would go to work - yes they work together in Jaehee's dad's office. 

Everybody in the company has more or less decided amongst themselves that they were a couple, and they were right

Some mornings, Jaehee would feel a queasy feeling in her stomach, and she didn't like the smell of fish. 

But then, she had a bigger problem to think about - marriage. 

- - - 

One evening, Jaehee and Minsang arrived at Jaehee's house after work. 

"Thanks for the ride, drive home safely." Jaehee said as she turned and was about to walk away when she heard her mum called. 

"Minsang! Minsang! Stay for dinner tonight! I cooked your favourite dishes!" Her mum called from the kitchen. 

Jaehee thought to herself, "What's with mum? Anyway, it's the chef's cooking not hers.. Sheesh.." and she walked up tp her room to change. 

Coming down at dinner time, the table was a spread! It was as though it was a new year's dinner or something. 

Jaehee looked puzzled as she sat down at her usual spot, not minding that Minsang was beside her. 

In the middle of the dinner, her mum suddenly broke the sound of munchings. 

"Jaehee honey, what do you think of.. Minsang?" Her mum asked. 

Jaehee shrugged and replied casually. "He's nice." 

Minsang felt his grip on his spoon tighten, but then he relaxed and smiled assuringly at her mum, saying that it's ok. 

"Since he's nice and all, your father and i have been thinking that it's about time you get married, and so, we sealed a deal with Minsang and his parents and.. Honey, you're getting married this July!" Her mum squealed in excitment. 

Jaehee choked on her rice and she coughed and gulped down plain water. After regaining her breathing, she looked up with laser beams shooting out her eyes at her mum and said, "What?" in a voice as soft as a whisper.

"Jaehee Honey.." Her mum said. 

"Enough!" Jaehee shouted as she stood up and her chair fell over. 

Everybody in the household, including the maids and chef were bowing in silence. 

"I'm not doing it, mum. If you still want me to call you mum, please, don't do it." Jaehee said in a firm voice. 

"You brat--" Her mum was about to scold Jaehee when her father interrupted. 

"Do it.. for this old man's sake?" Her father said as he looked at her with eye so sincere that Jaehee just couldn't say no.

Her dad, his condition he knows that best, and here he is, telling me to quicken up my marriage so that he can witness it himself before.. 

Jaehee bowed her head down and closed her eyes shut, and tears rolled down by the sides of the her eyes, 

"For.. the old man's sake.. I.. I.. I'll do it.." Jaehee said softly, but enough for Minsang and her mum to hear. 

With that, dinner was over for Jaehee, and she walked back lifelessly to her room. 

Minsang continued dinner with her parents as they chatted about the wedding. 

- - -

July was only 1 month away, and the wedding was seemingly a rush, but everything still worked out fine because most of the things were already planned before hand, 

But life after marriage wasn't all honey and sweet. 

During their honeymoon, Minsang would flirt with the waitresses and the bars/cafes/eatry outlets, not caring about Jaehee at all. 

"Minsang, you shouldn't be flirting like that! You're married, to me!" Jaehee shouted in the hotel room. 

"Sheesh, married? Don't act all lovey dovey to me, the only reason i married you was because of your company shares, and maybe.. you?" Minsang said as he glanced at Jaehee from top to bottom while his chin and his lips. 

Before Jaehee could say anything, she found herself pinned forcefully against the wall of the hotel room and Minsang invading . 

Jaehee fought to free herself, but Minsang being a stronger frame, pushed down even harder, so hard that her wrists and lips hurts. 

And so, their honeymoon was firey and passionate for Minsang to share with her parents. And that was when Jaehee swore to never trust Minsang again.