29 My Heart Wavering.. Again

"Mr" Right

After that day of awkward shopping with Kai and my mum, i spent my next few days preparing for my interview. 

"Ok. Knock 3 times and wait for a few seconds before entering. When entering, remember to smile and close the door gently behind me. Proceed to my seat. Before sitting, ask using my eyes if i can take a seat and only do if i'm given the signal to.." I ran through my mind all the steps i need to take for the interview.

I was really nervous as Company X has always been my dream company! I cannot afford to screw the interview up. Even if i am not shortlisted, at least i knew the reaon wasn't because of my manners. 

The day before my interview, i decided to try on my outfit again. Yes, the outfit that Kai chose. I mentally rolled my eyes at that thought, but then again, the outfit he picked was.. surprising nice. It was a simple black body hugging skirt down until my knees and a baby pink blouse with long sleeves until my wrist and button until just above my chest, showing off my collarbones nicely. I looked at myself in the mirror and was taken aback by how different i looked in the set of clothes. It was a good difference, as i smiled to myself. 

Just then, the doorbell rang. I walked small steps towards the door, as the skirt was restricting my walking a little. 

I opened the door. "Who is.. Oh." Kai was standing there, dressed formally, just like me. "What are you doing here?" I asked as i quickly scanned him from top to bottom. 

"I need your help. I.. got an interview tomorrow, and i'm pretty nervous about it." Kai said as he rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

I folded my arms and leaned against the door frame, "You? Need my help? Oh please, just use some of your charms like a smirk or something, i'm sure it will work." I said and waved my hand carelessly in the air, before wanting to close the door, but Kai quickly held on to the door. 

I turned to look at him frowning. "I have my interview to prepare too." I said firmly. 

"And we can help each other. That's what.. friends will do right?" Kai asked carefully. 

I sighed and rubbed my temples. I hate to admit it but he was right. We may not be lovers anymore (or is it?), but friends will help friends out. I took another look at him and his puppy eyes, and motioned for him in enter. Kai smiled and walked in a little too fast and bumped into me, and we were both awkward again. 

I cleared my throat and said, "You.. You can start first, i will be your interviewer. We should do this at my room. I.. sort of set up the setting.." And turned to walk upstairs, not knowing why i felt embarrassed out of the sudden. 

Kai smiled at how cute i looked and silently followed behind me. 

I settled down at my makeshirt desk, while Kai was outside the room. And for some reason, i was feeling nervous. On the other hand, Kai was feeling rather relaxed. I took a few deep breaths before calling Kai in.

"Kim Jong In-sshi, please come in." 

With that he walked in with confidence, aura, and so much charm that i was distracted for a second. I quickly snapped myself out of his trance and cleared my throat and asked him to take a seat. He sat gracefully across me and looked at me straight in the eye with confidence. I swallowed and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear and tidied my question papers. 

"Erm.. So, Mr Kim, tell me more about yourself. Perhaps, why are you interested in this job." I delivered my side of the question and i looked back up at the pair of charming eyes, waiting for his reply. 

"Well, ... " Kai replied with a deep voice.

With that, his interview ended smoothly, and we ended the whole interview with a firm handshake. 

"Well, you are pretty well prepared i must say. You dont even need to rehearse, unlike me, i get all.."

"All nervous, get sweaty and sweat buckles?" Kai ended my sentence. 

"Y..yes. How did you.. Nevermind. Now it's my turn. Hmmm, just read of the questions on the paper there." I said and walked out of the room. 

"Shouldn't you be wearing your heels too?" Kai said while eyeing the heels next to my bed. 

"Oh right.. Haha, silly me." I said and mentally hit myself on the head while i backfaced Kai and walked towards my bedside and wore my heels. 

Kai smiled as he knew what i was thinking, and looked at me walk a little awkwardly in my heels out of the room. 

Kai cleared his throat and called out my name, "Miss Annie Lim, please come in." 

I cleared my mind and took a deep breath before entering like how i planned to. 

I stumbled and almost fell as my feet got caught by the door frame, so i ended up in a 90 degrees bowing position, except that i was facing up towards Kai, and my feet were inwards and my arms were grabbing the doorknob. Kai was so amused at that scene he laughed out loud and clapped like a seal. 

"Are you ok Ms Lim?" Kai asked while wiping an imaginery tear. Just then, for a spilt second before i stood up straight again, he saw my cleavage and.. the black lace-y bra we bought the other day, and he cleared his throat. 

I quickly stood up straight and tidied my clothes and replied politely, "Yes Mr Kim. Sorry for the scene." And walked ever more cautiously towards the desk. 

After sitting down, i looked at Kai and was puzzled why was he looking like he was slightly blushing, but decided to focus on the mock interview instead. 

"So, tell me why are you interested in this job, and why this company?" Kai asked professionally. 

I smiled back and started explaining myself.

In my eyes, Kai could see so much passion towards the job and he was so mesmerised by the sparkles that my eyes give when i speak about my favourite topic, like now. He noticed how i would smile brighter at the end of the sentences and how my eyes would get even smaller when i smile, but it was cute. 

"Mr Kim? Mr Kim, i have finished answering." I said as i noticed Kai not asking the next question when i was done and it was silence for seconds. 

"Oh.. Erm. Thats great to hear. So, .." And the interview continued. 

Finally, i answered the last question and Kai ended the interview by thanking me. I smiled and we both stood up from our seats for a handshake. 

But this time, Kai didn't let go of my hand. I looked at him with a questioning look and before i knew it, Kai pulled me into a hug. I was shocked and i didn't react at all as my arms were pinned down my side. Like that, we stood for a long time. 

Finally, Kai slowly let me go. I looked down on the ground not knowing what to do. So many questions popped out in my mind. Why did he do that? Did he plan it? Why didn't i struggle? I ran my hand through my hair and it got messed up. 

Kai sighed and cupped my face, something i loved when we were dating. But even when we are not dating now, i still liked it.. alot. 

"I missed you Annie." He whispered. 

I remained silent as i didn't know what to say or do, but let tears flow. 

Kai wiped my tears with his thumb, and pulled in for a kiss. 

But then, i remembered the pictures of Yuki and him in bed and i pushed Kai away, wiping my tears with the back of my hands. 

Kai stumbled backwards a few steps and looked at me with a pair of saddened eyes. 

"All the best for your interview tomorrow. If you will excuse me, i have got other things to do. And i believe you have too. I will not send you out then. Good bye." I said in a voice so soft it was nearly a whisper. 

Kai sighed and reluctantly turned to walk away, before he walked out of sight, he took a second look at my backview and walked away rejected. 

After hearing that the door was closed, i broke down in tears. 

It was so painful. I.. I didn't know what to do. 

Was it Kai? Or was it Sehun? I love Sehun, and I loved Kai. But being together with Kai like this today and during the shopping trip felt like the incident with Yuki didn't happen at all. Should i forgive him? No, i have already forgiven him. The real question is: Can i forget about the incident? I started crying harder.. My mind and heart hurts..