2 The newbies

"Mr" Right

It was monday again.. Dreading school as always, especially today as there will be no volleyball trainings. Damn this. I washed up, put on my cap, zipped my sweatsuit and went to the kitchen to grab breakfast. I dont understand how girls can skip the most impt meal of the day just to get slim figures. For me, i always have rice or noodles for breakfast, or i will be grumpy the whole day. Guess what, today is a grumpy day.

I lived alone in korea attending SM Interntional University and most of the time my landlord lady would bring me breakfast and we were really close like mother and daugther. However, i guess something happened and she couldnt make it today. I sighed and reached for the plain bread lying on the dining table. They were my backup plan. Placing on in my mouth, i munched and walked to the busstop.

My busstop was the furthest away from school, however, along the way, many of my friends would be hopping on the bus.

At 7.15am, i boarded the bus.

At 7.30am, Luhan boarded. We chatted until we met the bunch of guy friends i was really close and May with boarded. I sneaked a glance at May as her cheeks flushed a little. She had a little crush on one of the guy friends, whom, to her, was a china hottie, Luhan. I smiled and fistpumped the guys and slided our of my seat, showing no signs of purposely letting May seat there. I was soon swamped with guys around me as we journeyed to school, with May showing my gratitude through the eye contacts we make.

The guys were really clingy and are not afraid of skinship, which i wasnt either. Most of the time, our hands would be on each others' shoulders, waist or playfully hitting each others' bums. This earned much attention from passerbys as they frown upon a lady doing this with a whole lot of guys. But i have long deemed myself to be a "guy" too.

We reached school and was just in time to attend first lesson. May and i was walking towards our class when we heard loud buzzing sounds of females in our class. Shrugging it off, we entered the class and found out the cause of the commotion.. 2 out of the 6 korean transfer students will be joining us.

I observed the two guys infront of the class as i swiftly made my way to my usual spot at the back of the class. With one hand in my pocket, i used the other hand to throw my bag on the floor and sat unglamly.

Every other female in my class was gasping at how perfect the 2 guy looks as they whispered and neated their appearence.

I cant help but smiled at May;s sudden nervousness as she already look very pretty.

Our homeroom teacher appeared and introduced them to us. I was busying playing racing games on my phone when i suddenly heard my name called. 

"Y..yes Ms Kim?"

Damn it i was so close to winning and i just lost. I cursed mentally. 

"Annie, could you be their guide for the week, you know bring around school and make sure they settle in fine." 

"Yeah sure."

Usually, Ms Kim was very reliant on me as i had good relationship with every student and teacher in school. When i was appointed to be their guides, no one objected because hey, i was a "guy" too and so the girls wouldnt be hissing and throwing my death glares. But then i realised, i missed out the part where they introduced their names when i was playing games. 

"Psst, Soojung," I whispered to the girl infront of me. "What was their names again?" 

Soojung replied in a dreamy voice, "Kai and Sehun..." 

I nodded as they approached the newly set up tables just behind me. Gosh, now im no longer at the last row and i disliked it. 

There was still 5 mins left before lessons officially start. I had my cap on with my hair stuffed in it, my hoodie up and earpiece on. My usual routine when i was grumpy. I didnt want to offend anyone with my grumpy mood. Then, i felt light taps on my shoulder and was cursing mentally at who would disturb me. I removed one earpiece and turned to find Kai and Sehun looking at me. They smiled, did a slight wave and asked, "May we know your name? I mean, you are our classmate and tourguide.." 

"The name's Annie, Annie Lim." 

Before i check their reaction, i heard the teacher enter and i turned to prepare for lessons. After what felt like eternity, it was lunch time finally! I was starving with no breakfast and I quickly grabbed May to go to the canteen. May abruptly stopped at her tracks at the door and i got frustrated. 

"What is it man?" I asked, trying not to sound irritated. 

"Erm, you forgot them.." May said softly and pointed somewhere. I followed her fingers and turned to see the 2 newbies standing behind me. Wow they are tall, my head was at their chest level only. I mentally facepalmed myself and turned to tell them, "Follow us to the canteen." They simply nodded. I grabbed May's hands and walked swiftly. 

"Wow is he pretty," Sehun exclaimed softly to Kai's ears, "Too pretty for a guy. I think she can fight Baekhyun" 

"Hmm, i dont think Annie's a guy.. by her name, i think she is a "she"," Kai replied. Sehun nodded before asking, "but she doesnt look attractive alright." Kai nodded to agree. During lunch, i wolfed down my food and gulped down my juice and wiped my mouth with the back of my hands before letting out a satisfying ah. The guys were laughing and joking ard and May and engaging a conversation with Luhan. Luhan would sneak glances at me and give me his signiture doe eye smile. I smiled and winked back at him. Was it me or sometimes, i see a tint of pink colouring his cheeks after i did it. I choose the former. Oh right, the newbies. 

"Hey, so hows the food? I hope you find it ok, or you just suffer." 

"Yeah its fine. So i heard that we had to join a CCA?" Kai replied. 

"Oh yeah, of course. Which category do you like? We have sports, performing arts, literature, and clubs and society." I replied. 

After a while, Kai opened his mouth and i was expecting him to tell me which category he was interested in but to my surprise, he asked, "What CCA are you in?" I was caught off guard as no one really asked for my information before. 

"I.. erm.. am in t..the volleyball team." I chuckled, hopefully to cover up my stuttering i do when im nervous. To my surprise, Sehun said, "I want to join the volleyball team." Kai springed his head to see Sehun. He was being serious. Kai frowned in confusion. However, it is unfortunate that our school only had female team. 

"Sorry dude, female team only."

Confusion swept his face and Sehun asked, "Then how did you get in?" 

I laughed out loud, really loud that the other guys and Luhan turned to look at me. I grabbed my stomach which was twisted so badly due to my laughing and after gaining composure. I replied, "Im a girl." 

Sehun blushed in embarrassment as the other guys and Luhan laughed at this. He forgot what Kai and he had concluded on the way to the canteen, that I was a girl afterall. I thought he was going to die of embarrassment and i said, "Hey hey, its ok. I get that a lot." And i placed my hands on his clenched fists. He looked up at me as my hands touched his and i saw that tint of pink again. I should make an appointment for eye checkup soon. I released my hands after he relaxed my fists and before we know it, the bell rang, signalling that lunch is over. 

"So, tell me your choices again after school alright? I can bring you to see the different CCA training rooms and sessions." I smiled and told them. Kai nodded and Sehun avoided eye contact with me and nodded too. 

*bell rings* 

"Ok class, homework is to finish reading the article and finding sources to back your arguments!" Ms Kim said. 

"Nae." The class replied. 

"So, what are your choices?" I turned to ask the newbies. 

"Erm, i think we both would like to join the dance team." Kai said while pointing at both of them. 

"Alright, there is dance practise today, you can observe them before signing up for the audition. Come lets go" 

I walked on without waiting for them and i heard scraming sounds as the tables and chairs screeched before panting sounds on both my sides. Chuckling, i walked them to the dance studio. I greeted the seniors at training and explained that the newbies were here to observe and my seniors nodded and gave me a hug as a hi. Sehun felt his heart squeeze a little when he saw Annie hugged by the senior guy who had a perfect score for looks and body. He quickly snapped himself out of trance as Annie walked back to them. 

"All settled. You guys can seat here to observe. After the practise, just walk out this door, turn left walk straight, take the elevator to the groundfloor and you can make your way out of school." 

"Wait, you are not staying.. with us?"  Kai asked. 

"Nahs, im going to train for volleyball. See you guys tmr." 

Sehun felt a tug on my heart as he saw the door close. He shaked his head in disbelieve at his feelings towards her. Kai saw and was amused by Sehun's behaviour and nudged him to pay attention to the practise. After the practice, Kai and Sehun bowed to the seniors and decided to audition for the dance. On the way out of school, Sehun asked Kai, "Do you think Annie is still in school? You know, training for vb?" As he played with his feet. 

Kai chuckled and said, "We can always check it out at the indoor sports hall." He found out where was it through the maps given to them earlier today. Soon, they heard loud smacking sounds and loud sounds of guys cheering. They peeked in through the doors to find Annie spiking and her usual guy friends were drooling at her.

It was obvious why they were drooling. Kai and Sehun had their eyes fixed on Annie.. and her body. Although she was petite, when she jumped to spike, her body hugging shirt tightens and flaunts her perfectly toned abs. Her arms were toned and so were her legs. She lands ever so gracefully. 

When she finished spiking all the balls in the basket, she wasnt tired but was ready for round 2. She walked towards the balls lying ard the court and picked them up. Just then, Kai realised that Annie was no ordinary girl. They entered the court as the guys cheering became silent. Puzzeled, i turned and saw the newbies. I walked over with a ball tucked under my arms and asked, "Are you guys lost? I thought my instructions were clear.."

"Y..yeah we are lost, was w..wondering about and chanced upon here," Sehun replied nervously.  

I smiled at his nervousness and said, "Come i will show you the way out. Please remember it." 

As i was about to turn and walkaway, Kai asked, "Can we.. watch you train?" 

I stopped at my tracked and turned. Since i loved that idea, i agreed without any hestiations. They smiled and joined the rest of the guys. I caught Luhan frowning at them, and was puzzled why so. I didnt dwell on it much and continued to train. 

Slowly, the guys went home one by one, and at 6.30pm, there was only Kai, Sehun and Luhan left. May left earlier  as she needed to pay a visit to the grocery store. I ended training and smiled at my sweaty state.

After keeping the balls back, i strutted over to the 3 of them and flopped down on the benches.

Since i was wearing an old jersey from back in my highschool days (where i was way smaller) then shirt rose up my abs as i lay down on the bench, covering my eyes with my arms and smiling. Luhan knew me so well and passed me a cold bottle of water by placing them in my forehead. Ah, the coldness was awesome. I gulped down the bottle and told them to give me 10 mins while i hit the shower. 

After i left, Sehun asked Luhan, "10mins is all she needs? Most girls need an hour!" 

Luhan smiled and said, "Actually she only takes 7mins." 

After 7mins, i was out and back in my sweatsuit but this time, i let down my hair which was dripping wet from the shower. "Lets go home guys." 

"You never dry your hair silly girl," Luhan said as he wrapped a warm towel around my head and dried it for me. "What if you catch a cold in the long bus journey?" 

I said nothing and stood there as he dried my shoulder length hair. It felt good to have someone to care for you, especially when you are alone in a foreign country. 

"There all done!" Luhan laughed as my hair was in a mess after all that drying. I combed my hair with my fingers and laughed too. I looked over at the newbies and realised both of them dont look too good. Puzzled, i walked over and sat beside them. "Are you guys tired? Lets go home now." They simply nodded and the 4 of us walked to the busstop. Coincidentally, the 2 newbies and i were alighting at the same busstop and we lived in opposite blocks to each other. Luhan, on the other hand, alighted the bus halfway through the journey. It is nice to find new people joining in the bus ride to school so it will not be boring. 

I waved goodbye and headed home. 

Kai and Sehun walked in silence to their dorms. Upon reaching home, they smiled as they finally met up with the other 4 member transfers! It felt like eternity that they last saw each other. Baekhyun, Suho, Chanyeol, DO. They would not be seeing each other very often in school as they took different courses. They spent the night catching up with one another and soon, it was sunrise.