The Getaway Plan

Seeds and Petals (Rewriting/Under Reconstruction)

Petals of Success

Ch. 15: The Getaway Plan

Beep beep beep…

Erika moved her hand around the nightstand before it touched the rectangular build of her phone. She pulled it towards her and swiped to turn off the alarm. Once she turned it off, Erika sat up in her bed and ran her palms over her face. After that she sat in a daze for a few moments before willing herself out of bed, dragging her feet to the bathroom. After doing her morning routine and effectively waking herself up, she immerged back into the room, tying her hair up in the process. She walked over to Ashleigh’s bed, the woman still sleeping. “Ash, wake up.” she said while shaking her.

“!!!” the photographer groaned incoherently before turning away from her little sister.

“You better not make us late.” Erika sighed as she the lights and went back over to her side of the room. As she grabbed her clothes, her phone decided to buzz. She walked over and saw that she had an incoming video call. With a surprised smile, Erika picked up the phone to answer it and came face to face, well, more like face to chin with her good friend.

“Wow, what a y chin.” Erika chuckled. “Legit chin goals, my chinspiration.” she said before she heard a deep laugh, the camera pulling away so she could see the face of Choi Seunghyun.

“Ohayo~!” he told in a really funny cute voice. Whenever he tried to make his voice higher, he just ended up sounding like a normal man with a scratchy throat, she found that hilarious.

Erika laughed. “Good morning to you, Mr. Movie star.”

“You look cute.”

“Even without my makeup?”

“The fresh face looks really nice. Your dark circles, too.” he said and she gasped before immediately covered her eyes. “No, you look like a panda, it’s cute. Just make sure you utilize naps more, I’m surprised your skin is still nice.”

Erika sighed. “Really wish I could but...the hustle won’t allow it.” she told him. “Speaking of sleep, I must say I'm surprised to get such an early call from you. I thought you would’ve been catching as much sleep before filming.”

“I couldn’t sleep.” Seunghyun told her. “I was worried about you.”

The fashionista raised a brow. “Worried about me?”

“I don’t want you to go to jail.”

“Why would I go to jail?!”

“Because of Kiko.” he clarified. “She’s loved in Japan.”

Erika rolled her eyes. “Seunghyun, you…” she paused. “I’m too smart and calm to ruin my reputation for her and Forte is my dream, okay, nothing will crush it. Plus, I told you that I’m moving forward with my love life, leaving the crappy relationship drama in the past and starting anew.”

“Yeah and you said that I was standard for a good boyfriend.” Seunghyun said before pinching the bridge of his nose. “I feel so honored.”

Erika snickered. “Maybe I should just date you and get all the complicated stuff like meeting new people out of the way.” she joked.

“Maybe you should.” he responded easily.

Erika snorted. “Such the jokester you are.”

“What if I’m not joking.” Erika stopped laughing and stared straight into the screen seeing how serious the male looked. She was kind of speechless and confused, especially from the way his eyes pierced her being. Was he implying…? “U-uh…”

“Seunghyun-ssi, you're needed on set.” said a male voice from outside of his trailer door.

“Okay!” the rapper responded before turning back to the screen. “Duty calls, Rika, I’ll talk to you later?”

“Yeah...talk to you later?” she told him, slowly before he waved and the video call ended. Erika stared at the phone for a few seconds before shaking her head. She had to be looking too deep into what he was saying, too deep. He was just joking like he usually does, obviously...obviously, right? She ran a hand over her face before standing up. She had to remind herself that she had tasks to complete, deciphering Choi Seunghyun’s strange statements would have to wait until later on. She grabbed her clothes and turned back to the bathroom only to see Ashleigh was up, propped up on the bed while staring at her.

“So noisy.” she said groaning. She was putting all of her acting skills to use since she heard the whole conversation and was proud of the Big Bang member for making a slight move, but she didn’t want Erika to know what she knew.

“Good morning, Scary Spice.”

“Sooooooo tell me what you want, what you really really want~! I’ll-”

“No singing!” Erika exclaimed as she walked into the bathroom. “Get your professionalism in check, we have a huge day to complete.”

“But, I wanna be petty~!” Ashleigh sighed in disappointment.

Erika snorted. “Money before petty, Ash.” she reminded the girl. “You’re supposed to be the influence on me, big sister.”

“Eh, I can’t just turn the maturity on and off. It’s not part of my mental and behavioral process.”

“I don’t know why you think taking one psychology course suddenly makes you a psychologist, especially one that tries to use terms as a way to justify your pettiness. Mess.” Erika sighed, hearing Ashleigh’s laughter as she shut the door and prepared to take her shower.

It was about an hour later when the Pratt siblings were ready to head to the their next location, calling the rest of their team to make sure they were ready. They all met up in front of the hotel before their ride showed up. When they got in the van, they were off to the location - a warehouse on the edge of Tokyo. The car ride was mostly silent since most of the group were doing work on their phones while making calls while Erika meditated, prepping herself so she can be the bigger person when faced with Kiko Mizuhara. She had to remain rational and remember the objective for the photoshoot - to get more exposure for her brand. Nothing else.

They arrived at their location and exited the van. When they walked into the building they saw that various stations for hair and makeup were set up and some people were fixing up the sets and adding lighting. The only thing missing at the moment were the models but they arrived much earlier than expected so they still had some time to arrive.

“I’m surprised we arrived earlier than expected.” Erika told the others.

“Well, we just missed the busiest times of the day in Tokyo and we’re further from the heart of the city.” Yasmin informed them. “I guess everything was working in our favor for today.”

“Let’s hope you’re right.”

Dana rummaged through her bag and pulled out a few bento boxes, passing them to the other girls. “While we're setting up, we might as well fuel up. I bought these before we left.

“Such a good productive baby.” Tara complimented the youngest while cooing, Laurie nudging her in the side with a smile. Dana just sighed since she was growing use to the maknae treatment from the other women.

“Thanks, Daners.” Erika thanked her intern. For a little while they just relaxed and ate their breakfast, Erika instructed the present crew on where to place certain things. Soon, the models started to file in, bowing and greeting the women respectfully. The last to arrive was, who they were the most wary of, was Kiko.

“Good morning.” the model greeted awkwardly and the other group just nodded her way, being cordial to her.

“Okay, since all of you guys are here, head over to the dressing room. There are outfits selected for you, we're doing the summer collection first.” Erika instructed, Dana translated everything she said into Japanese and the models, fully understanding, went to change.

Everything went by at high speed. Tara, Yasmin, and some Vivi makeup artists were around and getting the models styled and situated. They had some really popular models who were also known as tarento or talents in the Japanese entertainment industry. Aside from Kiko, they also had Rola, Reina Triendl, and Kana Oya (the latter being one of Erika’s personal favorites since she was from LDH, a company she has interacted with fondly) to name a few. The others weren’t as top tier such as Maggy, Tina Tamashiro, and Arisa Yagi, but were rising as both tarento and models.

When they were dressed and had their makeup perfected, Ashleigh was able to get down to business with taking the photos and instructing the poses. As Erika looked on, she could see why Kiko was such a force to be reckoned with in the Japanese industry. She was very professional and it matched with her beauty. Erika had to give it to her, she was a very hard worker and clearly held her own with the women. She had her opinions about her relationship choices but her work ethic was something to be desired, which is why Ashleigh had nothing smart to jab at the woman. She was giving her everything she wanted and she couldn’t downplay the obvious.

After hours upon hours of shooting, the Pratt crew came to taking the last few photos in Erika’s Autumn Forte line. Even though they had a lot of changing and styling to do, the whole process went smoothly and that helped a lot.

“Okay, I think I got what I needed!” Ashleigh exclaimed as she looked into her camera.

“And that’s a wrap!” Erika responded as the entire crew clapped. Some of the Vivi staff walked over and handed the models bouquets of flowers as a way to say “thank you for the work”. Surprisingly, the Pratt Group were also gifted their own bouquets and it really made them happy.

Arigatou gozaimasu.” Erika thanked with a bow and one of the workers smiled at her. She then turned to walk to the back room to finally be able to sit down. After dealing with everything, she felt she deserved it.

“Erika?” Okay, she supposed she would have to wait for a few extra moments. She turned around and saw Kiko standing in front of her.

“Good work today, you worked hard.” Erika complimented. “But I’m certain that this isn’t what you wanted to talk to me about.”

“Well, no, but thank you.” Kiko responded. “I just want to say, I’m sorry that -”

“Listen, Kiko. If this was a few months ago, I would’ve never been able to even look at you without getting angry but...it shouldn’t be directed towards you. I had a relationship with Jiyong and had expectations for him and only him, not you. So if I can finally bring myself to move forward and try to forgive him after all he’s done, I don’t see why I can’t maintain a cordial business relationship with you.” she explained. “I’m moving forward and admire your work ethic so I would like to work with you again.”

Kiko gave a small smile. “Okay, I hope we'll be able to do that.” she responded. “Your designs are really beautiful by the way.”

“Thank you.” Erika replied. Kiko gave her a slight bow before walking away. The fashionista sighed just as her photographer older sister walked towards her.    

“Wow, that was really mature of you.”

“I have to be a business woman...and it's good to have as many allies as possible.”

Ashleigh smiled. “Well, I stayed pretty civil myself.”

“I saw, I'm proud of you, Ash.” Erika chuckled.

“I...can't guarantee a next time though.” Ashleigh informed her sister, who raised a brow at her. “It took a lot of restraint, Rika, a lot of restraint.

Erika shook her head. “Mess.” she told her sister, chuckling slightly as she saw her do a “proud and petty” shimmy while walking away.   

~~~~~~~~~~

Click...click...click…

Cece fumbled with the camera before she was able to see herself clearly. She smiled in relief. “Sorry guys, it’s been awhile since I did this vlog thing, I kind of forgot how to do it. But all that aside, hola mi amor! Cece back in action!” she said while giving a thumbs up. “Most of the girls have been really busy lately. Erika is in Japan for a photoshoot and also has fashion week to think about, Nadia is choreographing for f(x), Logan is in London for a little while, Miko’s writing songs for an undisclosed group and has to make a deadline which is coming up, and everyone just isn’t able to stay focused on this vlog thing even though they want to.” she explained, giving a brief rundown. “I’m not saying I'm not busy myself but this is an experience I wanted to share with you guys. I’m here at MBC’s Show Champion and it's my first time behind the scenes of a music show and I know we have an increasing number of Kpop fans following us including Starlights so I thought I would film something for you guys. Let's call it...the Insider hook-up.” she said with a wink before walking forward, filming the surrounding area which didn’t have a lot of people around. “Most of the staff is either prepping up the idols for show time or making sure that sound check is going smoothly. So it’s pretty normal to see that these halls are kind of bare.” Cece explained as she spun in circles to film everything in the immediate vicinity. She paused on one name placed on the door, it read B.A.P. “Did you guys listen to One Shot by these guys? It's really good!” she said before she turned again, this time spotting someone she was really excited about meeting. “Omg, it's Eric Nam.” she said really excited since he was an American.

Eric walked up to her, a water bottle in hand. “Oh, I know you!” he said sounding excited. “You're on YouTube and do the Petal Nation vlogs! Cece!” he said finally realizing.

“Oh wow, Eric Nam watches our videos. Stoked~!” Cece said before turning the camera to her before walking to stand next to him. “For those who don't know, he had his start by doing song covers on YouTube and, since the US still isn’t with the program, he moved here to pursue a singing career. He’s originally from the “A”, East Coast represent!” she said.

“Yeah, Atlanta!” Eric added, happily. “I remember when Logan butchered the Barry Manilow song.” he started. “At the Copa, Copacabana~! The hottest spot north of Atlanta~!” he sang reminding the Latina.

“Ain’t nothing hot north of Atlanta.” Cece rolled her eyes which made Eric laugh. “Her geography was all types of off. She’s from Ohio for crying out loud!” she continued with a sigh. She then paused for a second, pushing her hair back and examining her appearance. “I look really cute today.” she stated randomly, changing the subject so abruptly that Eric burst into laughter. “Oh, I’m sorry.” she said with a laugh.

“I look cute, too.” he said, posing for the camera which made Cece laugh even harder.

“Yaasss!” she cheered him on. “Ladies, he’s handsome, is a cool person, and he’s slightly above average male height. Hit him up~!”

Eric sighed. “Slightly above average height, must you?” he asked and Cece only laughed in response.

“I mean that in the politest, most sincerest way.” Cece smiled and Eric sighed. “His debut single is Heaven’s Door and it’s so pretty to listen to. You guys should check it out, support a fellow foreigner!” she suggested, giving him some international promo, just as her phone beeped. “Ah, I’m being summoned.” she said before staring at the older male. “I have to go now but I hope we can meet again. Also, good luck with promotions, fighting~!”

Eric nodded while giving a “fighting” fist before waving to the fans. “Thank you! See you later!” she waved before walking down the hall, towards the Vixx dressing room.

“Cece~!” a voice called out from behind her. She turned around and saw it was Milan, holding a paper bag in her arm.

“And here we have Rakotomalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala-AH!” Cece squawked as Milan punched her in the shoulder before she started to laugh.

“I told you not to say that out in public! We agreed on keeping it short and sweet!” Milan exclaimed a smile creeping on her face. She was starting to regret coming clean about her full name which was pretty long, Milan Camille Rakotomalala-Inoni. Even though her mom was of European ancestry, she was born in Botswana while her dad was Dutch born and raised of Malagasy ancestry. They thought that it was best to counteract the surnames with more common sounding given names. Even though Cece knew the beauty and the struggle of long names, she was having waaay too much fun teasing her. “You’re having too much fun with this.” she shook her head.

“I’m just messing around. Trust me I know you’re struggle.” Cece said while patting her shoulder. “My name was pronounced “Hairy eggies” by a bunch of idiots. I went through a period where I hated kids.”

“Dude I had “Ricotta my llamas” growing up. The disrespect was real.” Milan shook her head before staring into the camera. “If you have a long, culturally unique name you might be made fun of but just remember that they are jealous of how awesome you are while they stay basic.” she said and both of them nodded.

“Amen to that. Now we have to go to work, Woori has started summoning us for assistance.” she nodded before grabbing Milan’s hand and continuing on to the Vixx lounging area. “We already have a small staff to begin with but since it’s really cold now, some workers have been getting sick and staying home. The CEO isn’t risking the six pretty boys coming down with something, especially with promotions going on, so we have to pick up some of the work.”

“We’re on makeup duty today! Woori, is the leader of makeup and we are her apprentices~!” Milan said before they came to the outside of the room, the label reading “Vixx/Jellyfish Entertainment” on the paper. Cece knocked on the door before slowly opening the door. Staff members scattered around the space as each Vixx member got ready. “We have arrived~! And I have the stuff.” she said, “the stuff” being code for various bread ranging from the normal bread to gyeran-ppang (egg bread) to bungeoppang (fish shaped bread with red bean filling).

“Milan-ah, come finish up Jaehwan while I get started on Sanghyuk.” said Park Woori, head of makeup.

“Okay!” she answered handing the bag to Cece as she went over to station. Cece started passing them out to their coworkers and with one bread packet left, she ended up in front of Hakyeon as she handed him, filming the leader afterwards.

“Look at his hair. I joke that he's rocking grandpa chic but it looks really good on him. It compliments his skin and features beautifully.” Cece said.

“It makes him look darker! I didn’t think it was possible!” Wonshik chuckled from the corner of the room. Cece silently stared at him before turning off her camera, giving him a judgmental look. Milan even stopped what she was doing, Jaehwan looking at her confused. Wonshik noticed the stares from the two and became a little awkward.

“So...is looking...darker...supposed to be a bad thing?” Milan asked slowly. “I seriously don’t understand these dark jokes or how being dark is seen so negatively, they kind of piss me off and bring up bad memories.”

“Milan-ah, it’s okay. He didn’t mean it like that.” Hakyeon said, noticing how she was growing more and more upset but...he really liked how she was defending him. He just wanted to keep the peace and didn’t want this to build a wedge between girls and his group, especially when they clicked so well.

“Why are you so passive when it comes this? You give too many mixed signals, one second it bothers you the next you’re adding fuel to it. Are you confident enough to joke about it or does it make you insecure? Make up your mind and set them straight!” Milan retorted, chastising the Vixx leader and showing just how upset she was. “I already know he didn’t mean it hatefully and that he’s just being stupid, trust me, I can take a joke. It doesn’t change the fact that it bothers not only me but also many other people, whether they’re black or a tan East Asian or whatever. Personally, I’ve been told my hair and skin color were a problem for a good bulk of my life, me and my sister having to deal with bullies because our features were a problem, that my African father was a problem, and that being of my heritage was a problem. It and I can only imagine how your fans would feel if their idol, someone they valued and looked up to, said that a feature they can’t change was ugly. It would feel like a total stab in the heart. It’s “jokes” like that which make people buy harmful skin products just so they can feel adequate or accepted to fit a certain beauty standard, it’s sad.” she sighed as she put everything into perspective, calming herself down enough to finish doing the task at hand. Staying silent and focused which made Jaehwan stare at her, wanting to make her feel better. Bringing up her childhood struggles must’ve been hard and it really made him feel bad since he’s said similar things about Hakyeon but he never meant harm by it. He would never want Milan (or anyone really) to feel that way about herself.

“Literally everything Milan said was what I went through growing up, though to a lesser extent, and it really does make you feel like you’re less than a person, it’s degrading. But what I find ironic is that the people who talk the most crap, are the ones who are the most insecure. Well I guess it's not that ironic since that's how it is most of the time.” Cece jabbed. For someone who was awkward and insecure about himself (Hongbin) and for someone who isn’t the light bright pale beauty standard and like half a shade lighter than Hakyeon (Wonshik), they both talked a lot of crap and enough was enough. This confrontation was bound to happen. “I have nothing else to add.” Cece added, noticing the way Wonshik and Hongbin winced out of the corner of her eye. She said her piece but she was ready to dissolve the tension in the room as she turned her camera on. She was going to try this again. “Look at his hair. I joke that he's rocking grandpa chic but it looks really good on him. It compliments his skin and features beautifully.” she repeated while giving an in depth coverage of his face, extremely in depth since it was right in his face to the point where you could count the hairs on his eyebrows. It made him laugh out due to her silliness. “Ooh, Milk Cha, ooh~!” she said while doing a play on his name since Cha meant tea in Korean.

“Milk Cha.” Hakyeon repeated while laughing.

“Hakyeon-ssi, are…”

“Oppa. Hakyeonie-oppa.” he corrected.

“Eh, I still feel it's strange to…” Cece started but was immediately silenced by his stern stare. General population might find Taekwoon to be scary, she thought so too when she was just a mere Starlight who knew no better, but the Vixx leader immediately changed that perception. He was that scary when he his leader presence. “H-Hakyeonie-oppa?”

“Yes~!” he responded cheerfully. Cece internally rolled her eyes at the switch.

“Are you happy to be performing today? Especially since the car didn't break down this time?” she asked and he threw his head back which made her laugh.

“The pictures were everywhere.” he sighed.

Cece smiled. “I can only imagine the shock of the normal Korean citizens. They were probably so shocked to see “tall, rainbow haired delinquents wearing matching white sequined outfits” so close to them.” she joked and Hakyeon reached up to chop her neck which made her laugh. “You may find it embarrassing but it'll be a story to tell in the future. Be positive.” The boys got some dirty looks in that subway for their very unconventional appearance but that was their bottom. They could only go up from there.

“I guess.” he said.

“That's the spirit. Also shout out to the Korean public transit! You're jinjja super jjang~!” she said in random broken Korean, sounding like a legit foreigner, turning the camera to her with a huge cheesy smile and a thumbs up.

“Jinjja super jjang?! What is that?” Hakyeon asked while cracking up, some of the other staff doing the same since he had such a contagious laugh. Cece giggled when she saw Woori wave her over to Taekwoon just as Milan finished with Jaehwan.

“Look at who I have to make pretty, well prettier, let’s be honest. Taekwoonie is jinjja super jjang!”

“Stop saying that!” Hakyeon said, laughing once again. Cece pretended she didn't hear him even though a small giggle slipped out.

“Taekwoonie is so cute with his squishy cheeks and small features, he's like a pretty kitty!” she complimented and the chic male turned to stare at her. “He's even adorable when he's glaring at me! Ottokaji?!”

“Ottokaji~! Ottokaji~! O-O-O-” Jaehwan started to sing.

“Can you not?!” Milan interrupted with a groan as the cute main vocal grinned at her.

“Milan, here. You film.” Cece said in English while handing the camera to the Dutch girl. “I have to give him the face beat of the century.”

“Okay.” Milan nodded as she started fumbling with the camera while

“...Faceu beat?” Taekwoon asked in a quiet worried voice. His English knowledge was not the best but that sounded painful. Cece turned to him with a slight smirk on her face.

“Yeah, I’m totally going to punch you in the face.” she joked. “Just kidding. Just know that it is weird Western slang for making the face pretty with makeup. Trust me, Taekwoonie, I’m going to make sure you look jinjja super duper jjang~!”

“Jinjja super duper jjang?! That’s even worse!” Hakyeon said, clutching his stomach.

“You must think so highly of my Korean for this to catch you off guard, it means I’m improving. I’m still going to randomly say that from now on, though.” she said, blending some yellow eyeshadow into the concealer on her hand so she could put it under Taekwoon’s eyes without too much hassle. “Atleast you’re not like Jaehwan-ah, who makes fun of every word I pronounce wrong.”

“I kindly correct you, stop telling lies!” Jaehwan responded and Cece stopped what she was doing. Commence the ‘92 liner bickering.

“I’m not lying, you’re lying, you liar! You treat me and Milan so differently.”

“Milannie-yah rarely makes mistakes.”

“That is not true. I mess up everyday.” Milan interjected. “It’s my 5th language but I make so many mistakes daily and I guarantee you that my Korean is worse than Cece’s. What are you listening to?” she asked Jaehwan with an arched brow.

“He’s biased. If we were a girl group he would have posters, photocards, and T-shirts dedicated to you. I’m not even treated like a third wheel, I’m treated as the extra living organism.”

“No you are not!” Milan defended, turning to the male next to her only for him to be nodding in agreement with everything that Cece said. “Why are you nodding?!”

“See! He is so mean to me!” Cece whined in an unbelievably cute way, Taekwoon could barely deal with it. “Oppa!” she called to Hakyeon.

“Jaehwan-ah, stop being mean to Cece-yah.” he told the cutie main vocal who sighed before pinching the bridge of his nose.

“I’ll try.” he said. Milan burst into laughter upon seeing Cece’s crestfallen expression, Jaehwan grinned in amusement.

“Wow...I have such fake friends. Hyukkie, I’m recruiting you as my new Vixx friend.” Cece told the maknae.

“Okay, noona.” Hyuk chuckled.

“Cece-yah, chingu~!” Jaehwan told her sending her a flurry of corny, aegyo-heavy, love filled, hearts but the New Yorker swatted, chopped, punched, flicked, and stomped on every single one sent her way. “Ungrateful!” the cute main vocal roared in comical anger which had the whole room dying of laughter. Taekwoon had to suppress his smile so Cece wouldn’t mess up.

“Atleast my Korean is better than your Spanish.” Cece sighed.

“No my Spanish is way better~!” Jaehwan responded. “¡Soy estupido~! I am stupid~!

Cece snorted with a sly smirk. “Wow, Jaehwan, you really showed me. I am soooo defeated.” she said sarcastically as she continued to snicker. Jaehwan genuinely thought he was right about what he said so he looked towards Milan, the second best Spanish speaker in the company, completely confused. It was hilariously adorable.

“What you meant to say was ¡Soy Estupendo! I am stupendous! or simply, ¡Soy Increible! I am awesome!” Milan explained to him. “You just called yourself stupid.”

“Really?!” the cute main vocal asked with wide eyes. “Omg. That’s why the Spanish lady in Itaewon gave me dirty looks at the restaurant when I tried to say the food was great. Oh no.” he said while holding the sides of his face in shock.

“Hyung, you told them their food was stupid?!” Hongbin exclaimed, having been the one to eat with him at the restaurant. “You said you knew what you were saying!”

“I thought I did!” Jaehwan exclaimed in defense.

“Oh my God!” Milan exclaimed and, at that point, Cece stopped doing makeup and crouched down to the floor as she laughed into her hand as the staff followed suit. Jaehwan had the most intense pout on his face as he stood up.

“Stop laughing at me!” he exclaimed in a high pitch voice before taking his bread package and throwing it at Cece’s head. She fell out of her crouched position and landed on her , staring at him with a shocked expression.

“Did...did you just throw your food at me?!” she asked as she bounced up and walked towards him only to have Taekwoon hold her wrist and Hakyeon block her path. “Why are you guys holding me back?” she asked laughing again.

“Because you would beat him up and he just finished hair and makeup.” Hakyeon explained which made her laugh harder.

“She would not win against me! Why does everyone think that?!” Jaehwan stomped as the whole dressing room broke out into hysterics. Since Jaehwan and Cece have been bickering a lot lately, the company wondered who would win in a fight. Majority voted that Cece would win, neither Jaehwan being a man nor being taller and weighing more than the girl affected their decision in the slightest.

“See, this is why Cece-yah and Milan-ah have to stay at Jellyfish.” said Woori as she tried to calm her laughs. “Aigoo, this is so distracting.” she said and the trio chuckled

“But, unnie, I’ve been the most normal and on my best behavior compared to them! Yet they call me the extra one, the nerve.” Milan defended with a tsk before focusing the camera on herself. “Ah, life as a Jelpi ‘92 liner. Never boring, always ridiculous.” Milan sighed, Jaehwan giving the camera a bunch of hearts before the Dutch girl shut it off. “Now let’s get the mics set up.” she added, hoping up from the seat and heading over to retrieve the devices and start putting them on the members who were finished. Cece was almost finished her Taekwoon assignment, applying the last bit of gold and black glitter to his face to bring out the bright yellow colored contacts.

“Now for the lips since they are kinda chapped buddy.” Cece muttered while rummaging through her pocket instead of the makeup kit. Pulling out a small tube of medicated chapstick, applying a little to his lips. When she put it back in her pocket, Taekwoon rubbed his lips together. She pulled out some makeup setting spray so he won’t sweat away her work. After fanning his face, Cece examined her work closely, nodding in approval...before ending with a quick peck to Taekwoon’s lips. While the male became a flustered mess, Cece grinned to the others who were unaware of what she did as she patted his shoulder. “All finished.”

“Great. Styling is complete!” Woori told everyone as Milan walked back into the room with the headset microphones. “Now for the setup.” Milan, Cece and a few of the other cordi noonas proceeded to get them together. As Milan fumbled around with the set, Jaehwan took the headset and put it on him. Since he had the headset on she had to pin the battery somewhere. It usually went in the back of their pants, so she reached to pull up the back of his jacket. What she didn't expect was for the male to poke his out at her.

“Jaehwan!” she groaned as she looked up at the ceiling. “Must you?!”

“Oohoohoo~!” He singsonged while wiggling it a little. He had a lot of pride when it came to his booty.

“You are too much.” Milan sighed, focusing on the battery placement, patting his when she finished. The booty game was nice; she would be lying if she said it wasn't. Jaehwan turned to her looking beyond shocked. “Oohoohoo~!” she singsonged mockingly.

“Naughty girl, you! So naughty~!” he said in accented English before booping her nose. The amount of flirting going on was so obvious but if you told Milan she was flirting Lee Jaehwan, she would deny deny deny. So difficult.

Milan sighed, trying to hold in her laugh. “I am so outdone.” she said with a small smile spreading across her lips. At that moment, one of the Show Champion sound techs came into the room.

“Vixx is up.” they said.

“Okay!” The crew hurried to place and adjust the mics to the boys before they followed the music show staff. The hardest part was now over and the staff could roam around a little bit until they finished their session. Cece and Milan decided to grab the camera and do some special filming for the vlog. They walked out into the backstage, seeing the guys wait for another act, the 2Yoon subunit, to finish performing before they did their thing.  Cece got in depth close ups of all 6 including Jaehwan smooching towards the camera while Taekwoon tried to eat it. The duo walked passed them and continued filming.

“This is the stage and where all the magic happens.” Milan gestured towards the stage just as 2Yoon finished their song. Cece zoomed in on Milan’s profile.

“Milannie looks so pretty and cute, I hate it.” Cece sighed. “I need to know how to girl.”

Milan snorted. “You are gorgeous, stop it.”

“Out of all the Starlights we’ve met, Milan has the male Starlights crushing on her. I’m more of the wingman, I suppose. My oversized flannels and sweats must scare them because...I’m too lazy to “girl”. If I have time to go shopping then maybe I can make my style more fashionable but...meh.” The two have had nice interactions with Starlights over the past month, from the multiple fansigns they helped out with. She, after hearing the horror stories from Hadya and some of the Exo members, could almost confidently say that they are one of the most sane fandoms you’ll come across in Kpop. They were suspicious of them and their intentions but once they warmed up to them, they treated them kindly. The growing amount of Starlights accepted and supported them, they had even made Korean fanaccounts for them which they learned they did for a bulk of managers when they learn their names (it still amazed them to be honest). They admittedly had more followers compared to the other Jelpi staff since their uniqueness gave them major appeal.  

“Cece, please. Yeah I have more male fans but you have the female Starlights adoring and girl crushing on you.” the Dutch girl rolled her eyes. “At the moment, 80% of Starlights are female, Cecilia, and you have most of the young female fans and a good bulk of the unnie fans. What are you saying?”

“But you have both, though? I want diversity.” Cece explained it. “Admit it, Milan, you’re more loved than me.”

“You are really trying it today, huh?” Milan sighed with a soft smile and a shake of her head while Cece snickered. The two decided to get closer to the few Starlights in the stands so they can get hyped for the On & On stage performance. When they walked towards the audience, they saw a bunch of Starlights holding the small glittery, rainbow colored light stick.

“Annyeonghaseyo~!” Milan greeted kindly, gaining their attention.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Milan-ah!” they greeted back, the voice being of someone she's spoken to.

“Annyeonghaseyo, unnie!” she waved to the older woman. Cece greeted them as well with a wave as she held the camera, which made them curious.

“Is that for Vixx TV?” asked one of the Starlights curiously.

“No it's not, it's for our joint channel with our friends. I'll probably be tasked to film that someday though.” Cece joked. “I'm giving behind the scenes footage of what goes on with these music shows since it’s our first time at one.”

“Ah~!” they said collectively.

“Do you want to see part of it, pre edit?”

“Yes!” they answered enthusiastically which made the two chuckle.

“Okay, here goes nothing. There’s like hundreds of you so I’m sorry if you can’t see. It'll be uploaded online soon!” she apologized as she went to the side of the stands and rewind to the backstage Vixx footage. From the interaction with Hakyeon and Taekwoon to the bickering with Jaehwan, Starlights enjoyed the uncut version and laughed at the boys’ cuteness, especially the 92 line arguing. They also appreciated the many in depth close ups, really appreciated. “This is kinda missing the maknae line so I'm going to film them after they perform.”

“You did well on the make up.” a Starlight complimented as the others nodded in agreement.

“Thank you, it makes me feel better about.” Cece sighed in relief and Milan nodded.

“Still wishing for the missing makeup team members to have a speedy recovery. Seriously, we don’t want their job...like at all. Seriously.” clarified the Dutch girl which made the fans chuckle. Soon the lights changed colors on the stage and the six members of Vixx lined up. “Oh, now we have to go!” the two said jumping up, waving farewell to the fans before running down the stairs of the stage.

“Annyeonghaseyo, we are V-I-X, Vixx-imnida!” they greeted and Cece filmed the Starlights cheering before shutting the camera off once they performed. The viewers would have to wait for the show to air to see what’s next. In the meantime, they would go find something to eat and observe from the waiting area.

~ One hour later ~

The boys had finished the multiple takes for the program and the camera crew, hopefully, got enough footage and decent angles. Since they were finished that meant that Cece and Milan were back to behind the scenes vlog duty. When they walked towards the stage, the two saw Vixx being interview by some of the crew for Show Champion. When they finished and moved away, the boys started to walk towards them. Hyuk was the closest to Cece so she went up to him.

“Hyukkie-hyuk~! Purple Hyukums!” Cece singsonged to the maknae. “He’s still adorable but he’s growing pretty rapidly, in both height and savagery. The rap battle from a few months ago is a good indication of such.” she added and Hyuk chuckled.

“I hope I can see Logan-noona again, someday.” he said in response. “I'm kind of jealous that she's so much closer to Hongbin-hyung and Wonshik-hyung.” It made sense since they were 93 liners and the two, especially Wonshik, were friends with Tao and Jongin so it just came naturally.

“Why? Do you have a crush~?” she asked teasingly.

“No, no, no, it’s not like that!” he said while waving his hands in front of his face. “She’s just really fun to hang around. I also hope to work with Nadia-noona as well since she’s a really amazing performer.”

“I know, I’m just messing around. Logan is one of those type of people who can easily make friends, she's just really likeable. Plus, I’m absolutely sure they’ll come around again.” Cece told him in confidence. “Nadia wants to collab with new groups and artists on choreography while Logan wants to do the same with the songwriting aspect. Fact about those two is that, like me, they appreciate Vixx’s theatrical nature.” she added. “Oh and Logan wants a rap battle rematch.”

“Oh, she’s begging to lose again, huh?” Hyuk asked easily.

“Oooh~! Burn~!” Cece exclaimed, making Hyuk and Hongbin, who was standing on the side, laugh his heart out. “She’s going to be so offended by this...I can’t wait to see!” she squealed which made the maknae grin. “You continue to remind me of my little sister and I thought you guys being around the same age was enough but personality-wise the similarities are there. If you guys ever meet...watch out world.”

“She sounds like a really cool person.” he nodded confidently and Cece chuckled. Out the corner of her eye, she saw Wonshik walk pass her with tense, nervous looking shoulders while taking small breaths, seemingly trying to calm himself or...give himself a pep talk? Cece paused the recording as the male walked up to Milan.

“Milan-noona?” he asked, getting the Dutch interns attention. Sensing the seriousness, Jaehwan stepped away. Milan turned to give the Vixx rapper her full attention.

“What’s up?” she responded.

“I just wanted to say...I’m sorry.” Wonshik apologized, rubbing the back of his neck in an awkward manner but held her gaze. “What I said to hyung was stupid and I didn’t think about how those words could affect others. I saw how hurt you were and I’d never want you, or anyone else, to feel bad about themselves.” he told her and Milan’s lips upturned into a smile.

“I really appreciate and accept your apology, Shikkie, I really do. Teasing about skin color is something I can’t tolerate but I also know that you and the guys are far from being malicious people, you’re human. We make mistakes and I know that we’ve all had our moments of being ignorant problematic. We just have to be willing to learn from it and grow.” she told him before placing a hand on his arm. “I just don’t want this to be something that people hold against you or the group because they feel offended which would be followed by an onslaught of bandwagoners. You already have to work 20x harder than any group from a larger company, I don’t want it to be even harder. I just don't want people to miss out on getting to know about some of the greatest guys I've ever met because of a misunderstanding, you see what I mean?”

“Yeah, I hear what you’re saying.” Wonshik nodded in understanding which made her smile.

“Such a good dongsaeng~!” Milan cooed as she reached up to pinch his cheek, further assuring that they were cool. Cece recorded again and went up close to the too.

“Orange Shik~!” Cece sang as she went up to them. “I go online a lot to see what people are saying about you guys and I came across something really bizarre, amazing, and funny about you Wonshik-ah.”

“What is it?” he asked curiously.

“Some are saying you look like a Korean Ryan Gosling.”

“Ryan...Gosling?”

“From the Notebook.”

“Oh!!! What?!” he gasped in shock.

“I know that comparison is really strange but I can actually see why some say that.” Cece informed. “Though it is hard to see with the orange hair and makeup and scary contacts. They must've made that comparison last year…your normal year.” she said slowly which made the main rapper crack up.

“I miss Binnie’s curly hair!” Milan chimed in, remembering their debut era.

“No!” Hongbin rejected which made the girl chuckle.

“It was your best style ever!”

“NO!”

“God-level, visual slayage!”

“I’m done listening to this!” Hongbin exclaimed, covering his ears childishly as he walked past Milan but she still followed after him with a smile.

“Debut Bean was the absolute best!”

“I can’t hear you!”

“The curly hair was-”

“LALALALALALALALALALA!” Hongbin exclaimed childishly making Milan laugh out.

“Okay we have another schedule to get to in the next hour so we need to hurry up and clean out the space.” informed one of the managers, Jeon Mijoon, to everyone.

“Okay!” everyone responded, Cece turned to film herself.

“Off to the next spot!” she grinned before turning off the camera. She walked forward and followed after the rest of the group. As she did so, she felt a figure bump into her side. She looked beside her to see Taekwoon keeping in stride with her, his hands shoved into his pockets. “You’re too tall to be bumping into me, I’m wittle compared to you.” she told him in an exaggerated, annoyed cute voice which made him smirk.

“Stop being short then.” he retorted to his girlfriend, who was a whole 20cm shorter, causing her to frown up at him.

Cece her teeth. “Don’t make me fight you, Jung Taekwoon. I might, well, more than likely will lose but I stand my ground! You can go somewhere with your fourth dan black belt, I don’t care, I will...poke you.” she told him sassily and he couldn’t help but to laugh. He then pulled his hand out of his pocket and, rather unexpectedly, grabbed her hand. She was surprised. “You know we’re at a music show...in a public setting, right?” she asked him.

“No one is around though.” he told her. He was right aside from the Jellyfish staff in front of them, there were no cameras or any staff around once they left the stage area. “Cece?”

“Hmm?”

“I like you.” he told her, honestly. “For who you are.” he added. Cece looked at him curiously, surprised by his confession. She was caught off guard by it but it suddenly dawned on her. She did say that she experienced instances where she was treated differently because of how she looked and grew up, that people never got to know her on the inside because of how she looked on the outside. In Taekwoon language, he was assuring her of the fact that he liked her because of her heart, first and foremost, while everything else followed. Just another reason he proved how sweet he was.

Cece smiled as she gave his hand a squeeze. “Thank you.” she told him. “I also like you for who you are, gluttonous tendencies, quiet quirk shyness and all.” she winked at him. Taekwoon looked down at her, giving her one of his genuine, adorable smiles. “I would date your smile if I could, it’s so pretty. It could save the universe.”

“You’re embarrassing.” Taekwoon replied, growing flustered as Cece swung their linked hands back and forth as they walked towards the lounge with a big, unfazed grin on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tao was so excited to come back to the dorm complex. Logan was finally back in Seoul, after being in London for what seemed like forever, and he could finally be face to face with his girl. They couldn’t talk on the phone a lot because of the slight time zone differences paired with schedules which was really hard because he loved his conversations with her. It would be approximately a month since they started dating and he really enjoyed it even though most was spent apart. She was such an incredibly cool girl and he was just really happy being around her.

When the car stopped in front of the building, he bolted out of the vehicle leaving his fellow Exo brothers. He quickly greeted the receptionist before jumping into the elevator, riding up to the very top floor. He walked up to the door, composing himself to knock, only to have the door click open. He backed away and saw Nadia fully open the door, wearing her coat and ready to head out as piano music played in the background. She looked up and was surprised to see him.

“Hey, Tao. Happy that Logan’s back I see.” she greeted with a smirk and giggled when she got a flustered response from the Chinese teen. “I’m just teasing. She’s in her room. I have to jet because I'm heading over to YG Entertainment to help with choreography."

Tao nodded. "Okay. Work hard!" he encouraged. Nadia giggled while nodding before walking to the elevator doors. Tao closed the penthouse doors and, after removing his shoes, walked into the unit. He followed the sound of piano music which led him up to the second floor to Logan’s bedroom. The door was open and he peeked in to see Logan playing her Yamaha keyboard, completely in her zone. He looked over to the bed and saw the former prodigy's niece and nephew barely being able to fight sleep. Who wouldn't when someone was playing such a beautiful lullaby?  Tao couldn't even fight the yawn that escaped his mouth but it was able to catch Logan’s attention. She smiled at him thoroughly thrilled to see him before signaling to him that she would only take a few minutes. Tao returned her smile and nodded before he went back down to the living area.

Logan played the final few notes of her lullaby and was only left with soft and even breaths. She tiptoed towards Leigha Rose and Lincoln to see if they were really sleep which they were. She gently kissed the twins' cheeks and made sure the blanket was around them securely before she the baby monitor, quietly exited the room and closed the door. She walked down the hall and down the stairs to find her boyfriend staring at her baby picture hanging on the wall, which her mom blew up and framed against her wishes.

"I was chubby and a messy eater, don't judge me." she defended. She e and completely went ham on that cake after taking her first bite of it ever. It was not her proudest or most elegant moment since cake was on her face and in her hair just everywhere. Tao just chuckled in response.

"You were still as cute then as you are now." Tao assured as he turned to Logan with a big goofy grin on his face then he started to bounce around cheerfully while clapping like a weirdo but Logan, not much of one to leave her boy hanging, mirrored his actions just as enthusiastically.

“Loooooogan!”

“Taoooooozi, what are we doing?” Logan asked with confused laughter, his response came in the form of a shrug which made her laugh a bit harder. Tao continued to smile as he walked towards Logan, engulfing her in a strong and sweet embrace. She stood on her toes just to wrap her arms around his neck and kiss his lips. He smiled into it before pulling back and brushing her hair behind her ears and squishing her cheeks. "I'm happy you're back." cooing to her jokingly.

Logan smiled. "Is it weird that I missed you a lot, like I was only gone 6 days?" she admitted to him.

"It’s not weird. I'm rather adorable." Tao replied and Logan rolled her eyes.

"Way to be humble, you little punk." she said before walking towards the kitchen but she was stopped by Tao grabbing her wrist. She was going to question him but saw something silver and dainty chain wrap around her neck. Tao clasped the necklace at last before Logan looked down to see a silver chain necklace with a cute little panda pendant on it. "Really? A panda?"

"What? You're the girlfriend of one so it makes sense. Plus it suits you nicely."

Logan chuckled. "Well, thank you. I love it! Now I have to figure out what to get you.” she said. Tao smirked while wrapping his arms around her in a back hug, placing his chin on her shoulder.

“Well since you mentioned it, I do want to try the strawberry deco roll cake that you made. Miko keeps going on and on about it.” he explained and Logan chuckled before turning her head and kissing his cheek.

“I think I can make that happen.” she said before walking into the kitchen. Tao sat down in the living room and Logan brought out the deco roll, cut into slices, on a plate and handed them to Tao, two forks in her hand. She handed him one as she plopped down on the couch beside him. Tao ate a slice and moaned in pleasure which made Logan snort. “Is it good?”

Tao nodded. “I think I’ll keep you.” pointing at her with his fork.

“I feel so honored.” Logan laughed before picking up her own slice to eat.

“So how was your little adventure?” Tao asked. “Was London fun?”

“Yeah, it's always nice to go there but nothing really happened.” Logan shrugged. “All I did was help collab on a few tracks for a few upcoming U.K artists and went to an award show to get some trophies. Nothing super exciting really.”

“I don’t know how you can downplay all that. I would brag like no tomorrow.” Tao replied shaking his head and Logan laughed.

“I’m on vacation now. Work is pretty much irrelevant at this point.” she clarified. "Which reminds me, did you decide on whether you wanted to hang with us during your vacation?"

"I meant to tell you that a few days ago but yeah, I’m in! Kris, Luhan, Jongdae, Sehun and Jongin are up for it as well. I'm just going to go back to Qingdao for the beginning of the vacation then I guess meet up at the designated spot. " Tao answered, putting his plate on the coffee table. "My parents and friends would have total meltdowns if I didn’t go there." he said which made Logan laugh completely understanding.

“That’s awesome that you decided to hang! We’re gonna have so much fun, I know it!” Logan assured in excitement.  "I know your family is going to be so happy to see their cutiepie again as well.”

Tao nodded. “Speaking of Qingdao, I wanted to ask you something.” he said seriously.

“Sure, what’s up?” she asked. “Hopefully you actually ask me your question unlike last time.” she smirked which made him chuckle nervously.

“Well, I was wondering if you would want to come to Qingdao. I want you to meet some of my close friends and...my family.” he said carefully. Logan’s eyes grew wide.

"You want me to come to your hometown to see your friends and...m-meet your parents?" she stammered in question. "I'm not so sure about that. I mean we’ve only been dating for like a month!"

"Oh, c'mon! We’ve been friends for several months prior!" Tao whined while laying on her lap. "Why not?"

"I want to stretch out the dating experience before parents say they don't like me."

"Who won't like you?! I think I've boasted enough about you to make them think you're amazing."

"That makes it even worse! You probably went overboard with complimenting which means I'm going to have to be perfect."

Tao sighed. "You know, you can be very dramatic at times." he announced and the composer pouted. "They really want to meet you!"

"Tao, I don't-"

"Plus don't you have a childhood friend who lives in Qingdao?  I bet she wants to see you."

"I have no idea who you're talking about." she lied. She did have a friend who was in her Julliard program that was now one of the youngest members in a famous musical troupe. She was in Qingdao for the next few months. She wanted to see her but Tao was throwing out a bunch of scary statements. Meet his parents?! Dear lord!  

"Logan~!" Tao whined, grabbing her hands to make them squish his face. "Can you just say yes? I want you to eat lots of delicious food, drink a regional beer, go to the place me and my friends hang out, and walk on the beach with me. Don’t make me live on as the romantic kung-fu panda that takes romantic strolls on the beach alone!"

"I don't drink beer, though." she retorted weakly and Tao stared up at her, sadly. It made her feel bad and she sighed from feeling guilty. “Stop trying to guilt trip me!” she retorted. Tao just pouted before he sat up and pulled her into a hug with his head on her shoulder, Logan sighing deeply from the action. "Okay, I'll go but-AH!" she was cut off by Tao pulling her down suddenly. This time she was sprawled over his lap with him cradling her upper body as he assaulted her face with kisses. "Okay, stop it!" Logan laughed as she pushed his face away.

"We're going to have so much fun!" he smiled blindingly and she giggled in response.

"I’ll come right after granny time in Mombasa." Logan said as she sat up. “Since I’ll be in Qingdao for a week, my tour guide better be the best one ever.” she said and Tao placed a fist to his chest.

“I promise!” he said cutely and Logan giggled.

“Okay, now let’s talk about the last vacation spot. We need to take a group vote because of Miko and Ashleigh’s differing mindsets.” Logan said with a slight eye roll. “On one side Ashleigh wants to go skiing and snowboarding in either Chamonix Mont-Blanc in the French Alps or the Morino lodge in Hakuba, Japan. Basically, she’s for snow and stuff. Miko is for sunshine, warmth, and surfing so she proposes going to either the Lang Beach house in Costa Rica or heading to Hawaii.”

“Wow, that’s tough!” Tao exhaled as he leaned back on the sofa.

“I know but I think I’m leaning towards the Morino lodge.” Logan said as she placed a hand to her chin and Tao stared at her curiously.

“Really?”

“Well, I love snow so I’m siding with Ashleigh. I choose Japan over France because Japan has onsens and yummy Japanese food. Nadia is team Hawaii so there’s no cousin unity this time around.” she explained. “Plus Morino is cheap to stay in during oncoming spring which makes it the cheapest option considering you guys are idols and I know that income isn’t the most extravagant, atleast right now.”

“Well, I guess I’m team Ashleigh and Logan.”

“Really, yay!” she said as she reached over to hug Tao, their cheeks pressing together. “Wait, you strike me as a beach person.” she asked pulling back slightly.

“Oh, I am. Completely. I just know that I should have my girlfriend’s back.” Tao smirked. As much as he wanted to see Logan’s swimsuit game, cuddles by a fire sounded just as nice...and jacuzzis or hot springs were pretty much a thing everywhere. “Plus I am going back home, which is a seaport and has a beach, so it's not like I’m missing out at all.”

“Smart man.” she joked before she kissed his cheek and pulled away. “So that’s me, you, Ashleigh and I’m almost certain Kris is with us because of reasons. Yeonji would also have my back since she's my intern. While Nadia has Miko’s back and since she’s in this awkward triangle thing with Jongin and Luhan, they're going to have her back. Sehun likes warmth and stuff so he's also on that team, that leaves the final decision to Jongdae.”

“So I’m not the only one who noticed their growing weirdness?” Tao sighed in relief. “Jongin and Luhan have always been kind of weird and awkward around each other but it’s been even weirder since you guys moved in. What’s up with that?”

“Dude, when I figure it out I will let you know.” Logan said pinching the bridge of her nose. “Nadia is really into Jongin, she’s admitted this to me and basically anyone with eyes can see her attraction. They also have that “Dancer’s Passion” understanding going on. But whenever I see her with Luhan, I don’t know. They have a really good friendship and I’m not sure if it’s due to Luhan’s universal charm, but I can see the makings of something more in their relationship. Nadia just can’t see that.” she said sorting out her thoughts. “Tao this can get so messy. I can’t handle anything similar to Team Jacob vs. Team Edward foolishness again. I can’t.” she whined.

“It is at moments like this when I’m happy we have an Exo-M and Exo-K. So when all hell breaks loose, I won’t have to deal with the drama on the daily atleast. This is pretty ridiculous.”

“Tell me about it. Who knew my cousin had that level of game, she attracts Exo visuals like nothing. Yet I get shipped with moose face Kris, the level of disrespect is uncanny.” she pouted.

“But Kris is really good looking.”

“I like Tao way better though.” she winked.

“Well, I mean, I don't disagree with you on that.” he shrugged which made Logan laugh.

“But, going back on topic. You guys have to put in enough effort to make sure Jongdae is team snow, okay?”

“Understood!” Tao nodded. They officially had plans in motion.

“I guess, in the meantime, I should book that flight to Qingdao.”

Yes, yes, yes! Go go!” ordered the Chinese teen and Logan laughed as she stood up, walking over to retrieve her laptop when the two heard a very small voice.

“Yoyo.” the voice said and it came from the baby monitor on the coffee table. It was Lincoln calling for Logan. She looked at her phone and saw that he only slept for a little over an hour instead of the supposed two and a half.

“Lil’ boy.” Logan grumbled. She then cleared to muster up the most feathery, soft voice. “No, no, Linc. Go back to sleep. Dream of happy things like superheroes and teddy bears and rocket-”

“Yoyo! Yoyo! YOYO!” Lincoln whined and soon his younger twin sister chimed in.

“-ships. Well, I tried.” Logan sighed with a shrug before venturing to the twins. “Okay, munchkins. Auntie Yoyo is coming! Then I will book flights!” she exclaimed while jogging up the stairs and Tao chuckled.