Moving On

Seeds and Petals (Rewriting/Under Reconstruction)

Petals of Success

Ch.13: Moving On

Aaaaaahhhhh~!

Erika yawned behind her hand before slouching in the chair she was sitting in. It had been a while since she’s been this tired...and she works literally nonstop at times.

Yasmin chuckled. “Am I boring you that much?” she asked teasingly. She and Erika were going through some model portfolios and measurements to prep for summer fashion weeks. Erika found it really hard to keep her eyes open. “What’s been up with you, mate?”

“I had a rather...uneventful night.” the fashion designer said slowly.

Yasmin raised a brow. “Oh?” she asked. “Care to share?”

Erika sighed, before running a hand over her face. “Well…”

Last night…

It was around 2am and Erika was at her desk, jotting down on her IPad and updating her to-do list. She had to go to Japan in a few days to do the Vivi shoot with “her” and, due to a combination of her not wanting to feel uncomfortable and to protect her from Ashleigh’s petty wrath, she had to plan everything to a tee so her crew wouldn’t have to spend more time with her if it wasn’t physically necessary. She had more important things to do, money and prominence to gain and unnecessary drama wasn't a part of that. She finally finished everything, saving the last bit of her files when she heard a banging on her door which made her jump in shock. Who the hell could that be at this time of night?! Ashleigh had gone back to New York for some modelling duties so it wasn’t her and most people were sleep at this time.

“Erika~!” yelled a voice, one she knew very well, and that made her high tail her way over to the door. She looked through the monitor and saw the slouched, wobbly form of Kwon Jiyong. What the hell was he thinking?! Him being out in the open being a drunken mess was not good, like he just recovered from the scandal, why this? Seriously, did he even have a brain?! He was going to wake up her neighbors and that would be such a mess. She threw the door open and Jiyong staggered forward, nearly coming face to face. Erika quickly yanked him into her apartment before her neighbors woke up, quickly locking the door afterwards. She turned around only to see Jiyong laying on the floor, his balance lost due to his intoxication and Erika pulling him had a more than capable effect.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Are you trying to wake up everyone on my floor?” asked Erika, beyond pissed off. “Even more so, are you trying to be spotted? Is your brain even working?!” she asked rhetorically yet Jiyong decided to answer her.

“I don’t know…” he slurred as he laid on his back. Erika pinched the bridge of her nose as she stood next to him, wondering what to do about this situation.

“You’re 24 years old, Jiyong. This is teenage level idiocy.” Erika groaned. “Atleast you didn’t get into a car and really hurt yourself.”

“Maybe...deserve…” he slewed but his voice volume was in and out so she didn’t catch everything.

“What did you say?”

“Maybe...I deserve to be hurt.” he repeated and Erika’s eyes widened.

“Regardless of my disdain for you, I would never want you to get hurt. Don’t say that.” she said while crouching down to his level. “You also have a certain image to uphold which involves not being hurt.”

“I always hurt...the people I care about...most, like you.” Jiyong said as grogginess kicked in. “I regret hurting you the most...even when...we were best friends before. I miss that.”

“Well, I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss it, too. But what you did was so messed up yet you never truly owned up to it. Like you apologized but it felt like an obligation instead of one with genuine sincerity.”

“I only apologized to...make me feel better. You were right...I’m an .” he slurred and there were zero arguments on that from Erika. He then suddenly looked her way, his gaze serious despite the state he put himself in. “I’m sorry for hurting you.” He apologized in a very firm manner. She was positive that it had to do with his vulnerability but when he started to cry that made her feel awkward yet compassionate. Out of pure compassion, she patted his shoulder lightly.

“I forgive you.” Erika told him honestly, returning her hands to her arms. “We might not be friendly like we use to and we sure as hell aren't dating ever again...but this is a good step.” she nodded, staring up at the ceiling. “I appreciate your drunken honesty, Jiyong. I doubt you'll remember any of this though.” She said as she stared at him once more...only to see him fast asleep. “So you get faced, bang on my door like a maniac, and then pass out on my floor. I don't get paid enough for this…” The fashionista sighed as she stood up and walked over to her phone, dialing a number. The phone rang for a little while before someone finally answered.

“Hello?” asked a groggy voice.

“YB, please come and retrieve your boy.” Erika sighed while rubbing her temple. The most responsible member of Big Bang had to be Dong Youngbae in this instance and since Seunghyun lived by himself and farther from her apartment, it would've been rather inconvenient. So she had to inconvenience one of the three that lived together and since two of the three were in Japan, and well, yeah...

“What?” said the male, still not comprehending what was being told to him.

“Kwon Jiyong is passed out in a drunken heap on my floor right now and he needs to be retrieved.” Erika told the main dancer. “If he throws up on my brand new Chanel rug, Big Bang will become a 4 member group and I will sell his car to pay for another one.”

At that Youngbae let out a groggy chuckle. “VIPs wouldn't want that to happen and YG would cry, real talk. I'll be there in a few minutes.”

“Then Youngbae came to get Big Bang's “leader” and went home.” Erika finished with a sigh. “Random as , Yasmin, random as !”

“Oh man, what?! That's insane.” Yasmin said in shock. “Jiyong drank away every bit of sense he had.”

“He sure did. Like he could've picked a less hectic time to be an idiot, but no. I literally got an hour of sleep because of him... and her.” She added, so over Jiyong and Kiko being aggravating aspects of her life.

Yasmin placed a hand on the girl's shoulder. “Well look on the bright side, you’re free!” she said as Erika stared at her. “You don't have to carry around that grudge against him. He did the one thing that you genuinely wanted and now it’s time to move on and allow yourself to get back in the game.”

Erika nodded. “You have a point, I’m-” she was cut off by her cellphone ringing. Pulling out the phone to see the number, she quickly stood up and headed towards the door. “Its a call from Vivi, got to go!” she stepped out of the room for a second to answer the call. “Hello, Mr. Tanaka?” she asked.

“Hello, Ms. Pratt. How are you?” asked the man on the other line in accented English. She was talking to Tanaka Shota, the Editor-in-Chief for ViVi.

“I’m great! My team and I are all set for the shoot in a few days.” Erika informed.

“Ah, excellent!” said Tanaka. “I was just calling to remind you to fax over your idea spread for the photoshoot so we can get the set together.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Erika apologized. “I’ll have my intern send it to you as soon as possible.”

“That’s no problem.” he responded in a friendly tone. “I’ll see you in a few days then.”

“See you soon.” Erika added before ending the call. She then leaned against the wall, holding her face in her hands. She meant to tell Dana to send in the spread days ago, she couldn’t believe this. She’s usually on top of this but with everything coming up and happening so fast, she having trouble staying focused on just one thing. Maybe she was in way over her head. Erika then began to ponder about everything coming up when she felt two pokes to her sides, jolting her out of her thoughts. She looked to the side to see Seunghyun on her side, his hands gently on her back and stomach as she calmed herself.

“I scared you didn't I?” Seunghyun said with a satisfied smile but as he looked at her his expression sobered. “Hey are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m just a little...out of it.” Erika answered offering him a smile.

Seunghyun nodded. “Youngbae told me about what happened with Jiyong. I, and the other members, feel bad since it’s our group member, our leader for that matter.”

Erika looked at the male with a serious expression. “You guys shouldn’t feel bad, it’s Jiyong’s own fault for being stupid.” she told him. “And...in a way I’m kind of glad it happened.” she added and the way Seunghyun raised a brow signalled that she should clarify what she meant. “Long story short, I'm over him and just ready to move on. I have no more anger left for him, it's too tiring to keep holding onto those feelings.” Erika nodded. “I pray that my next boyfriend is a prince or a moral valued guy because I'm tired of dealing with these toads. Or else, I just give up on relationships.”

“Don't say that, you just have to put yourself out there.” Seunghyun said, placing a hand on her shoulder as she smiled his way. “That special one could be closer than you think.”

“I would hope so.” Erika shrugged. “You know, if I find a guy who's good to me like you are, I’ll be just fine.” she told Seunghyun before wrapping her arms around his waist as he placed a hand on her head.

“Aww shucks.” he responded which made her chuckle. Unknowingly to the young entrepreneur, the actor had a very giddy expression on his face from hearing her put him at such a standard. They then pulled away from their hug just as Dana came down the hall. The college student curious to see the two in the same space.

“Good morning!” Dana greeted the two.

“Hey, Dana.” Erika greeted and Seunghyun offered her a smile. “I need you to do something for me.”

“Okay.” she nodded and Erika turned to Seunghyun with a smile.

“I have to get back to work, so I’ll see you around.”

Seunghyun nodded. “Understood. I’m going to go visit Daesung-ah! He’s recording.” he informed the two as turned to walk away.

Erika chortled. “More like bother him.” she said.

“You don’t know what you’re saying!” he responded while he turned down the corner.

“Either way, have fun with that.” Erika called out. “ Poor Daesung.” she shook her head before walking back into the office with Dana in tow.

~~~~~~~~~~

Logan was totally in the zone, completely focused. But it had nothing to do with music. Oh no honey, this former musical prodigy was completely focused on watching The Walking Dead. She was on Season 2 and one episode from the finale. She was at the part where Carl had his gun, supposedly pointed at Rick but in actuality he had it pointed at the zombified Shane who was coming for Rick. Logan jumped when Carl fired the gun and shot the walker in the head, shocked by a kid having to do that but that was the world they lived in. The girl stood up and planned to walk over to grab her guitar and tune it but soon turned back to the screen to see her a huge swarm of walkers just emerge on the screen.

“Bruh, oh my- AH!” she screamed as she felt herself be lifted off of the floor by her waist. The person who did it laughed a very distinctive goofy way which made her know who it was immediately. “Geez, Tao. You can't be doing that when I'm watching a show about zombies!” she said while laughing. Tao continued to laugh as he spun her around before putting her down.

“Sorry, I didn't think I would actually scare you.” he apologized with a smile.

“It's okay.” Logan waved off just as she felt her chin get clutched and head tilt up, her lips coming in contact with Tao's lips. It made her giddy. “Smooth.” she said after the kiss.

“I know.” he said smugly and Logan rolled her eyes.

“Ignoring the cockiness, I'm happy my boy is back.”  Logan said as she lightly punched the Chinese teen in the arm before pulling him into a quick hug. When she released, she walked over to retrieve her guitar and sat on the couch against the wall, Tao sitting down after her. “So how was the trip to...Changsha?” she asked and he nodded at her as a way to tell her she was correct.

“I’m still not confident with interviews but it was successful, I guess. Kris took over so it wasn't bad.”

Logan snickered. “Exo-M, a group of talented awkward potatoes.” she smiled. “I want to go to Hunan. I've never really been around other parts of China.”

Tao’s eyebrows rose. “Really?” he asked as she shook her head.

“I've only been to Beijing and Shanghai, the capitals of the mainland.” Logan explained as she hugged the guitar while staring at the male. “I've been to Hong Kong and Taipei way more to be honest, my mom has the most business in those places. Now that I think of it, I never really have work in China, it’s only the Western countries, Japan, and South Korea. Yet I can speak and write songs in Mandarin. Oh the irony.” she chuckled.

Tao smiled while patting her head. “Well, you are working with SM for the Exo-M song versions for the album so that could be the push you need if we’re successful.” he assured.

“I guess you have a point.” she nodded.

“Sooo...since I’m back, do you want to go watch another movie later on or something?” Tao asked. “I just feel like hanging out, y’know?”

Logan gave him a soft, slightly sad smile. “Aww, I'm sorry Tao. I'm just in for today and fly to London tomorrow. I’ll be there for a week.” she admitted to him. “We sure picked an awkward time to start doing this dating thing.” she said jokingly.

“Tell me about it.” Tao sighed which made Logan laugh.

“But you have some work to do while I’m gone.” she said while patting his forearm. “Your vacation before Exo promotions is coming up in a few weeks and I was wondering if you and some others wanted to hang out with my group? We’re doing our annual getaway.” she said. “We were still debating on where to go and we decided It was going to be after I see my grandma in Kenya, so most likely in the middle of March.”

Tao looked interested but also kind of torn. “Ah, that sounds like fun but I wanted to spend some time at home with my parents and friends but I’ll think about it.” he told her. “Maybe by the time you come back from London, I’ll have a real answer.”

“Works for me~!” Logan said as she strummed the guitar. She then started to play a random tune while Tao watched her, a thought popped into his head and he debated on whether to actually say it. Unfortunately for him, Logan felt him staring holes into her. “If you had laser beams shooting out of your eyes, I would be completely fried by now.” she said jokingly, smiling at him. “What’s on that mind of yours, Taozi?”

“Umm, I...I was thinking…” Tao trailed off, his brain turning into mush as Logan stared at him curiously. He then shook his head. “It’s nothing.”

Logan pursed her lips, unsatisfied. “Boo~!” she said, but she wasn’t the one to pester something out of people. It would come out naturally in the future. So she decided to change the subject, putting her guitar to the side and going over to retrieve her laptop. “Okay, weirdo. Are you up for watching some Netflix media with me?” Logan asked before she plopped down beside him. “We can watch Walking Dead from the beginning or Game of Thrones or something else, maybe even a movie? We have a very vast selection to choose from and, thanks to my brother, I have a the option of adding Chinese subtitles.” she said and Tao’s eyes lit up.

“Woah, now I can actually see what Americans watch!” Tao gasped excitedly as he scrolled, ready to discover “a new world”, while Logan giggled behind her hand at his sudden outburst of happy curiosity.

~~~~~~~~~~

Cece had finished ordering fabric, clothing, and eye contacts from various retailers as way to fulfill Vixx’s...vampiric phase in their artistic journey. She had to order so much for this comeback and at a low enough price so that it wouldn’t impede on the company budget yet support Vixx’s urge for artistic expression (weirdness). Luckily she, Milan, and some of the other staff in Jellyfish knew how to tailor by hand so they didn’t have to hand it to a manufacturing company, using up expenses they didn’t really have to begin with. They were living off of a loan from RM and the gathered company funds placed on reserve for comebacks so they had to make it count. Tomorrow would be a day filled with even more work, for her and the staff atleast since Vixx were back to promoting on shows.

Once she was done with calls, she had to finish her portion of the work - sewing stars and Rovix buttons on Hongbin’s white jacket. She was close to being finished when she ran out of thread. After sighing, she walked over to her kit when she heard a knock on the glass. Turning around, to see a bright red head drinking coffee at her door.

“Yo.” she said with a smile still working on her task.

“Hello.” he said softly while walking over to her, inspecting what she was doing. He was impressed since the jacket came out really nice.

“And finished!” she sighed before throwing her hands up. “Bean should be more than satisfied with the results.”

“It looks really nice.” Taekwoon complimented. “You...Everyone has been working so hard and I wish we had a larger budget so you won’t have to do so much work. I really appreciate it.” he told her honestly, feeling grateful.

“Nonsense, sewing and tailoring is a must learn in the Jauregui household. It's not like I’m taking on a difficult task.” Cece said as she turned to him with a bright smile. “Besides, with us doing this, there’s more money for wardrobe, restaurants, accessories and gas for the car. My button sewing is so insignificant to all that.” she chuckled before patting his hand. “But I appreciated your gratitude.” Cece then remembered something. “Do you still have an appetite?” she asked.

“Yes.” he answered instantly with a nod which made Cece laugh. She then went to the back room to her office. Taekwoon heard some slight rummaging before the girl emerged, a medium-sized plastic container in her hand. “What’s that?” he asked.

“It’s arroz con leche or rice pudding. I made it yesterday since Miko has been going through a rough time so I made it for her since this is one of her favorite dishes. Aside from yaksik (rice treat), I don’t think South Korea has a rice pudding so I brought some for you to try.” she said as she handed him a spoon. “This is the Mexican version of it since the Puerto Rican version takes a little longer to make but I'll let you try it in the future, if you like this one that is.” she added as she opened the container and pushed it towards him. Taekwoon took the container and scooped up a spoonful of the treat before eating. As he chewed the treat, his eyebrows rose slightly. Cece, observing his features somewhat anxiously, noticed how his eyes glimmered though his expression stayed neutral. It was a relief on Cece’s part and also very amusing to see. “So do I take your expression as a good or bad?” she asked with a small smile.

“It’s good.” he said simply as he continued to eat.

“Well, I’m glad to hear that.” she said as she scooped some of it to eat herself. Soon she heard a tap on the door which made both of them look up. It was Sanna. “Hey!” she greeted her co-worker as Taekwoon waved kindly.

“Hey.” the Filipina responded. “Cece can I talk to you for a second?”

Cece raised a brow, curiously. “Sure.” she said standing up. “Don’t eat it all!” she told him and he nodded. She and Sanna soon stepped into the hall and walked further down the hall, Sanna leading the way. “So what’s up?” the Latina asked.

Sanna fidgeted with her hands before she turned to look at Cece. “I’m ready to...tell what happened to Sejun.” she said softly. Cece looked surprised not expecting her to be ready to come clean so soon. Sure, it’s been two weeks but she still thought the girl would’ve needed more time. Cece stepped closer to her, placing gentle hands on her arms.

“Are you sure?” Cece asked making sure she saw any form of hesitation. There wasn’t.

“I just...want this to be over with. I’m tired of being on edge at work...a place I should be somewhat comfortable at.” Sanna said before she looked up at the her co-worker. “It’s too much work.”

“Okay, we’ll settle this immediately then.” Cece told her. “I’m sorry, though. I left all of my files at home since…” she said lowly, getting close to Sanna’s ear. “Woori from the makeup crew caught Sunjin snooping around my office a few days ago when she wanted my opinion on eyeliner shades.” she whispered to the girl, shocking her. “I didn’t want to take any chances but, first thing in the morning, we’re going to settle this...unless you want me to run back home which I can do. It’s up to you.”

Sanna shook her head. “I can deal one more day. I’m with Jihae for the day so I’m good.” she told the girl but she looked at Cece with hopefulness in her gaze. “Tomorrow morning?” she asked, wanting clarification.

Cece nodded, placing a fist to her chest. “I’m promise you. Dirt bag is going down.” she assured and Sanna nodded.

“Okay.” she responded. “I have to get back now since I told Jihae I was just going to the bathroom but...thank you.” she smiled, pulling Cece into a hug, the Latina reciprocated while smiling softly.

“Anything for a friend.” she said as she pulled back and Sanna offered her her own smile. The Filipina then turned away and walked back towards Jihae’s office at the farthest end of the hall. Cece turned around and walked back into the room. She saw Taekwoon happily his spoon which made her smile at his cuteness...until she saw that her bowl was empty. “You ate it all!” she yelled, making his jump in surprise. Cece’s eyebrows furrowed. “You promised me, Jung Taekwoon. I barely got to eat any of it!”

“I’m sorry.” Taekwoon apologized and Cece felt so weak, his unexpectedly natural aegyo paired with his soft voice made it so hard to ever stay mad at him. But, man, she really wanted her arroz con leche...she had dreams about it. The male then picked up his half empty cup of coffee and held it towards her. “Here.” he offered softly.

“I don’t want your stupid coffee. I don’t even understand how you drink it black!” Cece said as her pout intensified. She then pointed towards the door. “Go away.” she demanded. Taekwoon tried to conceal his smile at her reaction but it was hard, she was so cute. He then stood up and walked over to her with outstretched arms. “No get away from me and go do your work. I’ve been waiting all day to eat that and you act like you’re a starving pig!” she added as she tried to dodge his attempt to hug her but he was faster, stronger more agile, and had a longer reach so she was now squished in an embrace that she couldn’t really wiggle out of. “You’re annoying.” she responded and he chuckled.

“I’ll repay you. I’ll either make you something or do it when we have our date.” Taekwoon promised before he kissed her cheek, his playfulness oozing out of him since they were alone. Cece scrunched up her face but slowly wrapped her arms around his waist with a hand on his back.

“I'm hugging you back but we’re still not cool right now!” Cece clarified which made the main vocalist laugh. “I want Dakgangjung (Korean fried chicken).” she said.

“Okay.” Taekwoon smiled as he wrapped his around her shoulders while rested his cheek to her temple.

“I still can’t believe you ate it all.”

“Don't live in the past. Embrace the future.” he said and Cece pulled away.

“It was 2 minutes ago!”

“Shh.” he hushed softly, bringing her head back to its previous position on his shoulder, continuing their hug which made her snicker slightly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Miko walked through the SM building that same afternoon. The last few weeks being unimaginable, like she was in a bad dream. She was lucky to have her friends around who were willing to let her vent about things to. Pretty much all of them were happily in budding romances or getting to that point and she felt that the more she talked about her problems, the more she felt like a total Debbie downer. They would never admit to it but that’s how she felt at the moment. So she spare them and find someone else to talk to, her dad. She had been holding off on telling him about the Derek breakup since he would have a really, really strong opinion on it but she literally talked to him about everything that was bothering her. So it was time to vent to Papa Lang.

The lyricist walked towards the elevator and traveled up a few floors before she came to the fifth floor where all of the management and business-y stuff took place. She walked down the hall waving kindly to the secretary at the desk before approaching her father’s office which was one door before Hadya’s. She stood in front of the door, “Yun Lang, President of Marketing and Advertising” written on the outside. The girl raised her fist to the door, ready to knock but she heard a sounds. Now, it was common knowledge among the living that Miko was nosey, especially if family was involved so she basically pressed her ear to the door.

“Are you sure you’re happy about it?” asked a voice, a noticeably female voice.

“Of course I’m happy, it’s just that…” came her father’s voice which soon fell silent as if he was contemplating something. “I just think our timing is kind of on the...crappy-ish side?”

“Yeah, I get what you’re saying?” responded the female voice, one that she now distinguished to belong to Talia’s. “I just have no idea how we’re supposed to tell everyone.” she said. Tell everyone what?!

Yun sighed. “I can only imagine what they’ll think or say.” he said. “Especially coming from Hadya and Miko.” Upon hearing her name, she took that as her right to enter the conversation. So, in a very Miko like way, she swiftly opened the door. She stared at the two older adults, who were shocked to the core. But she was feeling the same exact way. Miko really wanted to know why Talia was all cozy and sitting on her dad’s lap like this was the norm! What was she seeing here? Talia quickly stood up and smoothed out her attire while Yun straightened out his suit, clearing his throat nervously.

“What is going on here?” Miko asked after she shut the door behind her.

“Look, Miko, I can explain.” Yun tried to explain.

“Are you guys...together?” she asked carefully, stepping towards the two at the desk. “Like together together?” silence fell between father and daughter before Yun exhaled.

“Yes, we've been “together together” for two months now.” He answered and the room was consumed by even more silence during the following moments. Yun was a bit shocked by the lack of response from his rather eccentric daughter. Miko then looked between the two.

“I'm not sure why you kept this on the DL but that doesn't matter anymore. I think everyone kind of saw this coming years ago.” Miko sighed before staring between the two. “Dad, the divorce was basically 13 years ago and you haven't put yourself out there so what better way to do that than with a woman I've come to see as a strong mother-like figure. I’m not against this relationship at all. I'm more upset at the fact that everyone is in a relationship besides me but that's a story for another time, I suppose.” she smiled. “And you guys thought I would freak out about this.” Yun and Talia looked to each other nervously and Miko was not oblivious to the exchange. “Okay, what am I missing here?”

Yun took a deep breath and after a few moments spoke. “There is really no easy way to say this but…” he started. “I'm… We're… You're going to be...a big sister.” he said. And saying Miko was shocked was an understatement.

“As if it wasn't bad enough that you guys had a lame secret rendezvous type thing going on but you guys are now having a human?! This is madness!” Miko yelled to the older adults. Now this was the Miko outburst he was expecting. “And here I was thinking of coming to talk to one of the most mature people I've ever known and you do this? This is beyond irresponsible, Dad and Talia, beyond irresponsible! Y'all too old for this!”

“We know this situation could've been handled better.” Yun responded.

“You got that right, mister!” Miko said, chastising her own father. “They teach about safe in high school, hell, middle school!”

“I know, I know…”

“They use the condoms and the bananas!”

“I know, Miko…”

“Always latex, never lamb skin!”

“Lord, help me.” Yun grumbled, pinching the bridge of her nose. Talia was trying her hardest not to laugh, even though she was being chastised alongside them.

“I just can’t believe you two. You guys should be ashamed.” Miko said, shaking her head in disappointment. She then turned around and walked out of the office. The two in the newly found out relationship stared at each other.

“Well, I think that went well.” Talia announced and Yun had to let out a laugh at that. He expected that exact lecture from his Miko, nothing more and nothing less. What they didn’t expect so suddenly was for the door to the office to open, Miko emerging into the space once more. After a few silent moments, the girl spoke up.

“So...how far along are you?” she asked Talia, whose eyes widened slightly.

“Umm, I’m about 2 weeks along.”

Miko nodded before a soft smile came to her face. “So, I’m going to be an big sister, huh?” she asked starting to get excited and Yun felt a slight warmth in his chest from seeing her happy. She had always asked for a little sister because “her older brother was annoying” but with the divorce, it seemed like a distant dream and she mellowed down on asking. He supposed that feeling never went away. “I would’ve liked to have a little sibling like 10 years ago but this is fine, I’m not that old yet!” she nodded. “If you need anything, I’ll try to help out the best I can.” she promised.

Talia smiled. “Well, I appreciate that, Mimi.”

“Sooo…” Miko trailed off. “How are you going to explain this whole “Secret Lovers with a child on the way” thing to Cecilia?” she asked and Talia froze. Miko focused her chastising lecture on her father but, man was she in for one from her niece.

“Right...that does need to be done.”

“Well, good luck with that one. Cece will be waaaay more strict compared to me~!” Miko informed.

Talia sighed, tilting her head back with hands placed on her hips as she closed her eyes in dread. “Trust me, I’m well aware of that.”

~~Whew, I finally got it out. Hope you enjoy <3~~