Chapter B. pt 1

Toothsome Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

P.S. If you’re still not sure which is Jessica’s thought, just so to let you know that it will be in GREY.

 

 

Detective Kim Choding

 

Sooyeon recalled shoving the box, the one she packed on the day of the incident, underneath her bed back at California. So she had dial up her mother once they both had reach home from the café, and found out  that her mom had send the box alongside the other parcels (tons of them) via postage here.

The parcels were delivered here few days after they’ve settled in this apartment. The Jung sisters were lazy to unpack those boxes and since their important belongings and daily wear were stuff in their luggage, they didn’t find the need to do the unpacking. They were too lazy to even scan through those parcels, that they just shoved everything inside the empty storage room. They did not wish to put those parcels inside their own bedrooms, because they think it’ll be messy afterwards. The shoving job was mostly done by Soojung, for the older girl claimed she was tired after shoving not more than five and had gone back into her own room.

Typical Jessica and poor Soojung. Anyway, back to the story..

 

After ending the call with her mom, she went straight to the storage room to find the box. And since she remembered using a designed box (with heart shapes printed all over the box; that’s the only empty box she had in her room that time), and the fact that it’s unlike the other parcels which were wrapped with brown papers.. she thought it’ll be easier for her to retrieve it. Little did she know.

The moment she opened the storage room and switched on the light, she stumbled back a little. Shocked. Right in front of her were boxes of parcels stacked up and above her height.. slightly-above, actually.

She tiptoed, tilting her body from left to right and peeped through those gaps in between so as to find that box. To her dismay, it was nearing the end of the room and from the bottom of the the stack of parcels. This was gonna be a very tedious work, but she had the determination to get that box out of the storage room right away despite Soojung’s absence. That girl, after receiving a call from her classmates few minutes after they got home, had gone out to meet them.

Apparently, she had to move the parcels one by one out of the storage room in order to walk through to the end of that room so that she could get the box. It took her a while to get it, and now she had to put everything else back to place. She went back to her bedroom, holding the box and then placed it on her bed. Then she walked back to the storage room and kept all the parcels back in. By the time she’s done with the last box, she slammed the storage room door shut. She’s completely worn out from all these moving sh*t, so her temper slightly rose.

She then dragged her entire body back to her room, and slumped onto her bed. Not before closing her room door. She lied down, catching breathes then tilted her head sideway and stared at the box. When she had regained her energy, she sat back up and grabbed the box to place it on her lap.

Staring at it for a good few minutes, contemplating whether she should open it. Her heart urged her to do so, but her mind was warning her to not. For after all, she hasn’t forgive Tiffany and Erika… even though five years have passed. She was afraid of whatever outcome there’ll be if she looked through those things which  might end up causing herself to lose control of her emotions then do something stupid.  Since she’s alone at home, unlike the previous time where her mother and sister were home when she broke down.

She closed her eyes, took a deep breathe then lifted up the box lid. Inside the box were photo albums, birthday gifts, cards and letters, and a camera. She pressed the on button, but the camera screen did not light up. She plugged in the charger to the camera, leaving it on the side table to charge while she continued browsing through the things. She started with albums. She took the purple one, which was on top of the rest. Flipping through pages and pages, staring deeply at all those faces while reminiscing the happy times spent with them. She grazed through each faces, tears threatening to fall.

How are you all doing? Been good? I really miss all of you…

Flipping the cover of the next album (pink), a face which she hated to see yet dearly missing it every night before falling asleep showed up.

Yes people, you’ve heard it right. Have I not mention it before, then here’s the truth. Every night, Sooyeon would cry herself to sleep because she really miss her ex-girlfriend and those girls. She hated both Tiffany and Erika, yet she still missed them a lot. It’s kind of complicated, but human hearts work like this, if you understand. Sometimes, she would even cry in her sleep. These have happened since a few months or so after they’ve settled down in Korea. But, her sister do not know about it. Except Hyoyeon. Not because Sooyeon chose to tell Hyoyeon instead of her own sister, but Hyoyeon discovered it herself..

One night, Hyoyeon just finished her usual video-call session with one of the girls and had come out of her bedroom to go to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water. Talking for more than an hour had gotten her thirsty. Passing by Soojung’s room and then Sooyeon’s, she stopped a few steps away from the last room. Then she took few light steps back and leaned her head slowly against Sooyeon’s bedroom door. Her face fell immediately when she heard soft sobs from the latter. Even without asking Sooyeon, she knew the reason behind it. Sooyeon has always been the emotional type. But there’s nothing Hyoyeon could do, since she couldn’t just walk in and question the latter. Sooyeon is also a very stubborn girl, she would never admit that she misses the girls.

The next night, same thing happened. And Hyoyeon made it a daily routine to stand outside Sooyeon’s door after her video-call session. That’s when she knew that the latter had been doing so every night. This pained Hyoyeon a lot. She had tell the rest of the girls about this situation. Tiffany and Erika were most affected by this news. Yet, there’s nothing the girls can do right then. This has been a daily night routine for Sooyeon, and the next morning she’ll looked just as fine.

A hand trailed along the contours of the girl in the picture, and a drop of tear fell on it. Sooyeon, who could no longer contain her emotion, finally broke down to tears. She closed the album and put it away.

*****

When she had cool down and remembered the initial purpose of getting this box, she pushed aside all her emotions and started flipping through the rest of the albums studying those features of the girls. Then, proceeded to watch all the videos in the camera. It somewhat raised her suspicions.

Those waitresses back at the café really resemble my girls. But how is it possible that they’re in Korea…. Wait! Don’t tell me they came here. But how is it possible that all of them came over.. unless, they found out I’m here. But how would they know? From my parents?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter