Chapter B. pt 2

Toothsome Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys!! I'm back! Sorry to keep all of you waiting! :'D 

 

Only Solution 

The client and the detective haven’t seen each other for approximately two weeks. They were both busy with their work. Sooyeon, holding meetings after meetings with her subordinates for their upcoming release of the monthly magazine. Hyoyeon, busy choreographing dance steps for a rookie girl group. They did not make any contact at all because the time the dancer was in deep slumber would be the time Sooyeon just came home; and when it’s time for the latter to wake up to prepare for work, Sooyeon was already on her way to her office. But both projects will be due on Friday, and Hyoyeon has already texted Sooyeon last Sunday to inform her that they’ll meet the coming Saturday for a shopping date. Since they’ll both be done with their projects by Friday, Sooyeon has no reason to decline. Also, because the latter wanted to update her pertaining to the café and those waitresses. 

 

*****

 

[Saturday – 3:00pm]

 

Starbucks’ exceptionally crowded with customers that it’ll be a miracle to even get a vacant table. But miracle did happen for the two ladies. They were already seated, table’s occupied with food and drinks. Underneath their tables, lied piles of shopping bags neatly arranged in two rows on the ground. It’s blatant that they’ve finished shopping and were having tea time now.

 

The strawberry blonde girl swayed with the music playing in the background. Whereas the other fidgeted in her seats, occasionally stealing a few glance at the latter. But the latter has caught on.

 

“What?” Sooyeon arched a brow at her.

“N-nothing. Heh.” Hyoyeon flashed her smile then stared back to the drink in front of her.

Sooyeon just shrugged and took her phone. She hummed along to the music while browsing the net. Normally she would have been pissed under such circumstance, but she’s totally in a good mood today. Because dear Hyoyeon had volunteered to buy her Chanel’s latest edition bag. Little did she know… it’s a BRIBERY..

 

Hyoyeon was contemplating on how to start a conversation, when her phone vibrated indicating an incoming message. She glanced down on the screen. Yuri.

“Hey. How’s everything there? Have you told her? What’s her reaction?” She decided to ignore it.

It’s now or never. Hyoyeon closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

“Sica-ah..”

“Hmm?” Sooyeon diverted her attention to Hyoyeon.

“Before I update you the task you’ve given me, there is something I want to confess.” Hyoyeon said in a serious tone. She has never been serious most of the time Sooyeon had known her.

“Oh. O-kayy. Are you gonna confess to me?” Sooyeon joked.

“N-no, not tha-”

“Ehhh~ Am I not pretty enough for you?”

“Y-Y-You are pretty, Sica.” Hyoyeon stuttered, caught off guard by the latter’s question. “No, scratch that. You are the most gorgeous girl I’ve known in my entire life.” The latter blushed at the high compliment she received, but had decided to carry on teasing the girl. “But definitely not my type…” The dancing queen added on. Totally her style to always does things or says things in such a unique way that make people stunned or speechless.

“Then why~” Sooyeon pouted cutely at Hyoyeon. Aish.. jinjja.

“Ahh, Sica-ah. Stop joking around. I’m really being serious here.” Her tone cold, due to the fact that she’s extremely nervous yet the latter still can joke around.

“Arasso.. So what do you want to confess about?”

“Erm.. promise me you will let me finish everything I wanted to say without interrupting or even, walk off..” Hyoyeon requested timidly.

“Hmm hmm I promise.”

“Er… firstly, I’ve been contacting them since the day I arrived here. And then.. I’ve updated them about our daily lives.” She paused, while glancing at the latter to which the latter has an unreadable expression but prompted her to continue. “And, back to the morning you left California, Tiffany came to find you. But since your family members have sent you both to the airport, she came over to find me instead. She was pleading me to tell her where you’ve gone to, so I…. At first, I didn’t relent!... but seeing her so desperate, I told her everything. She started bawling her eyes out, so I had no choice but to inform the rest of the girls. And you know what will happen next.. So..”

 

Hyoyeon related the whole truth and happenings, and how it was actually a misunderstanding between the latter and TaeNy. She also confessed standing outside her bedroom door just to hear her sobs and accompanied her sorrows. She also did not miss out the part where she had video called the rest of the girls and their conversations in summary. Earning a gasp of bewilderment from Sooyeon. Then Hyoyeon continued by updating about the café, the waitresses, etc.

Sooyeon’s response differ from time to time.

Sometimes, she would scrounge her face upon hearing some statements. A few times, she would try holding back her tears. Other times, she would chuckle lightly or show an amused expression.

 

Fortunately, she kept her promise and was willing to listen. While Hyoyeon’s done relating the entire story, her gaze fell back onto her drink while preparing to brace herself with the wrath of HellSica. To her surprise, she’s still in one piece and all she heard was chuckles from the latter. Knowing that Sooyeon has accepted everything, she heaved a sigh of relief.

 

“So do you want to patronize the café together tomorrow?”

“Uhm.. I’m not sure.” Hyoyeon frowned upon that.

“I don’t know how I’ll react around them. It’s kinda awkward for me.. I..I.. Argh, you know what I mean, don’t you?” Sooyeon was frustrated because she couldn’t put whatever she felt into words.

“Yeah.. you’re trying to say, you need some time to process and analyze everything then plan what you should do next before going to see them again huh?” Sooyeon nodded.

“Sigh.. alright. Couldn’t blame your slow brain though.” Hyoyeon teased, giving her a ‘no-choice-that-you’re-like-this’ look. Earning a pinch on her arm from the latter.

 

Both then fell back to comfortable silence, while consuming their food. Sooyeon suddenly remembered  something, and broke the silence.

 

“Yah! How could you send them my photos without my permission??”

“I’m just too eager to share with them how gorgeous you’ve turned into. You won’t mind righhht~”

Sooyeon blushed at the compliment, at the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter