Chapter A.

Toothsome Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Full Names of the characters

Purpose: So that readers won’t get confused.

Jessica Jung Sooyeon

Krystal Jung Soojung

Stephanie Hwang Miyoung (preferred to be called Tiffany)

Venus Kim Hyoyeon

Roxanne Im Yoona

Summer Choi Sooyoung

Sunny Lee Soonkyu

Catherine Seo Joohyun

Megan Kwon Yuri

Erika Kim Taeyeon

 

Note: In this story, they’re all Korean Americans.

*****

Jessica Jung Sooyeon is a Korean American who was born and raised in California. She has a younger sister, Krystal Jung Soojung. She has a group of eight childhood friends whom she met during her elementary year at a school event. They’ve always been hanging out together ever since, but surprisingly, they’ve never exchange their Korean names for they’ve all used their Christian names (since they’re in California). All they know is that they’re Korean Americans. Her clique consists of Erika Kim, Sunny Lee, Tiffany Hwang,  Venus Kim, Megan Kwon, Summer Choi, Roxanne Im, Catherine Seo and herself, Jessica Jung. Since young, they’ve all been taught Korean by their mothers so they’re able to understand and speak fluently in this language. But they’ve never once communicate in Korean among themselves.

They’ve even went to the same high school, with Erika, Tiffany and herself in the same class. That’s when she was closest to the two of them. On the last day of their high school, she and Tiffany both confessed to each other of their feelings. That’s the start of their sweet relationship.

When they’ve got into university, Tiffany took a degree in culinary while Jessica, she has always been interested in fashion so took a degree in the fashion line. The course period takes up to 4 years, and she was enrolled at the age of 18. During the mid of her first year, she took up a job in the fashion industry to gain experience. She continued to work till the mid of last year of her degree, gaining a total three years of experience, skills and knowledge.

She had just graduated from her university and the next day when she decided to surprise her girlfriend (Tiffany) at her house, she walked in to witness her girlfriend engaging in intimate activity with her best friend (Erika). Her heart shattered into pieces, for she felt cheated and betrayed concurrently. They were both appalled to see her standing near the front door. Both quickly separate themselves and try explaining the situation. But she was too upset to even stay and hear whatever they were trying to say, so she fled from the scene.

Once she reached home, she went into her bedroom and slammed the door. Her back sliding down against the door, curled her knees up and started sobbing loudly. When she looked up to her study desk, she saw a TaeNySic photo frame. All three of them were hugging side by side and grinning. A sudden flick of fiery rose in her, and she sent the photo frame crashing against the door. The glass were shattered all over. Her sister whose room was just next to her, heard the commotion rushed out to knock at her door frantically while shouting her name. “Jessi! Unnie! Open the door! Please!” A click and the door was opened; slightly ajar. She took the cue to push the door fully opened, and was aghast to see the pile of shattered pieces of glass on the floor. She tiptoed and skipped around, trying to avoid any sharp pieces. Then she saw her sister crouched on the floor at the other end of the bedside, her body shaking. She approached her sister and slightly tapped her shoulder. Like a snap, her sister suddenly stood up and pulled out a huge luggage from underneath her bed, and started dumping all her belongings into it.

Their mother came rushing out of the kitchen when she saw Jessica pulling a huge luggage down to the living room, and decided to question her daughter out of worries. After a while of knowing the whole story and negotiation, her mother had decided to let Jessica move to Korea with Krystal accompanying her since they have an apartment there (for they do visit Korea once a year to meet their relatives and spent their holiday there). Her mother assured them that she and their father would settle Krystal’s education and let her continue her studies in Korea instead. Her parents would send all their remaining belongings and stuff via postage to their Korea house address.

That night, Krystal was busy packing all her stuff for they’ll catch the flight back to Korea the next morning. Jessica phoned her most trusted friend (Venus) to meet up at the park near her house since they both lived a few houses away from each other. She then relate the whole happenings to Venus. While Venus, she listened attentively and decided to move to Korea with her too.  Only that she would catch the afternoon flight and contact Jessica’s Korea phone number which the latter gave her.  

Jessica had also decided to stop contacting the rest of the members in the clique so that there would be less trouble for all of them. All she needed at that point of time was a getaway. She believed that if they’re fated to meet again, they will chance upon one another in the future. They both then gave each other a consoling hug before parting to go back home.

Inside her room, Jessica took an empty box and placed all her wonderful memories with her loved one and her clique one-by-one into it. She then seal the box tightly before putting it aside, under her bed. 

*****

Once the Jung sisters settled down in their Korea apartment, they immediately out their Christian names and started using their Korean names, Jung Sooyeon and Jung Soojung respectively. Jessica started job-hunting (any job along the fashion line) and sending resumes. She ended up being employed  as an executive editor and a part-time model in one of the famous Fashion Company.

Venus Kim, just like Jessica, switched her name to Kim Hyoyeon and marked out her Christian name once she’s touched down in Korea. She took up a job as a dance choreographer in one of the famous music industry and has been accommodating in the Jungs house (she did pay her monthly rental though). But one secret that she kept away from Jessica was that she still keep in contact with the rest of the clique and still update them frequently. Not in a bad way, for she actually hope that they could all reunite again soon. She did not want any changes in their clique.

Well, being Hyoyeon herself, she would not just sit around and do nothing. She had talked to the rest of the clique members the next morning after Jessica’s departure to Korea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter