Chapter 5

Pinky Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 5: Wu YiFan

 

  “Everybody look what Taozi found!” A young boy screamed, smiling brightly as the camera passed his face, his round chubby cheeks giving off a small and innocent glow. “What is it SeHunnie? What is it that Panda found?” Another kid shouted, running over to the two boys, the camera shaking slightly as it focused on the growing crowd of boys. “Whoa, that’s totally a space ship!”

 “Come on Baekhyun it isn’t a space ship, it’s a unicorn’s horn.” A dimpled face boy showed, as the camera swayed to him. “Really YiXing - Hyung?” “Yes, really JongDae.” YiXing said, looking at the high cheeked baby boy. “It could be a space ship!” “But it could also be something else.” “Let’s just ask Fannie – Hyung.” The boys said coming to a conclusion that the Chinese Canadian baby would know what it was. “Were is YiFannie anyways?” “Oh there he is Junnie – Hyung he is holding the camera!”

  The camera swayed as YiFan was token back at the sudden rush of bodies moving towards him. “What is it?” He asked staring down at the shorter males. “It’s a space ship!” “Shut up Baekhyun, no it isn’t. It’s a unicorn’s horn!” The kids continued to bicker, making YiFan laugh as he tried to capture the enter argument on camera. “Hyung can’t you just come see what it is? So YiXing and Baekie can stop fighting?” “Yeah Junmyeon buddie, just let me put my camera down and I’ll go see.” “Fannie? Why do you always carry that with you anyways?” Junmyeon asked. “Because Junnie, this camera holds all our memories, maybe in a few years we won’t be friends anymore, and we all have moved on, these videos will help me to remember the days that we shared.”


Oh baby, goodnight. Oh baby, goodnight. Oh baby dancing, dancing, dancing in the moonlight.


  The music blast through the empty rooms, I could hear it from my bathroom. It was rather annoying, why do I always set an alarm if I wake up before it? Sighing deeply I walked back into my room shutting off the TV that currently played a video of my old friends, I missed them, but I’d never say that out loud. Throwing on my school uniform I walked into the hallway. Sighing deeply I looked up to find my sister running around from the bathroom to her bedroom.

  “Amber? What are you doing?” I asked, watching as she paused in the hallway. “It wouldn’t kill you to call me noona, Yi Fan.” She scuffed at me, but I only laughed before walking down to the kitchen. Smiling lightly when I entered because the most perfect sight I’ve seen was in there. My beautiful mother sat perfectly at the counter of the kitchen talking on the phone with one of her clients. I’ll never admit it but I am kind of a mother’s boy, I love my mother with all my heart, and hate to see her hurt.

  I still remember when we moved back to Canada, my mother had gone to live with my father. I was only twelve – years old then, and my mother truly believed that my father wanted us back in his life. However, when we got to Canada my so called “father” refused to speak to my mother, and denies ever saying he wanted us. He would continuously call Amber a mistake, and say that I was just a child of . It hurt me and my family, my mother cried, my sister’s personality completely changed, and me being only twelve at the time it didn’t really mean a thing. I honestly didn’t know what he meant by “child of ”, but that was all in the past and my family and I are doing well in Korea. We moved back here last week before school started because mother wanted to open up another store in Korea.

  Walking over to my mother I gently tapped her shoulder to get her attention. Which only lasted for about a fraction of a millisecond as she began swatting my hand away and telling me to go to school. I laughed. Kissing her cheek and pulling her hair before running out the house so she doesn’t hurt me.

  Walking over to the car I noticed a truck pull up to the vacant house across from mine, I figured it wasn’t really that important as I hopped into the front seat, quickly starting up the car and driving off to school. My mind racing, who could be moving in next door, and why? Sighing deeply, I approached the opening gate of my schoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter