Chanyeol. (2/2)

사랑스러운

 

 

 

                Chanyeol and Joonmyun were now walking home. Everything seems normal for Joonmyun, but not for Chanyeol. He just doesn’t understand why he is any different compared to Sehun in Joonmyun's eyes. Yes, he and Sehun both clings to Joonmyun like a koala. Yes, they were both brats. Cute brats, to be exact. Yes, they were both hot and irresistible, or so he thought. But he just couldn’t get why Joonmyun treats him and Sehun differently. Well, okay, he knows Sehun is so much younger than him but that’s not a really good reason, is it? He needs to know, why Joonmyun’s smile never left his face since Sehun had called him back then. He needs to know, why Joonmyun’s eyes turning into crescents when Sehun had told him that he misses him, and that he will be coming home tonight. He needs to know, why Joonmyun walks further from him after Sehun had called. So, Chanyeol is determined to ask Joonmyun about this concerns.

 

                “Myeonnie-hyung?” The said latter just keeps walking.

                “Myeonnie-hyung.” Chanyeol’s voice becomes rougher. Yet the latter still doesn’t give any response.

                “Myeonnie-hyung!” Chanyeol shouts at the top of his voice, gaining the older’s attention.

                Joonmyun stopped walking and turns around, facing Chanyeol. “W—what is it, Channie?” Joonmyun asks, and Chanyeol can hear a tone of guilt coming from the older’s lips.

                Chanyeol felt guilty for raising a tone to his hyung. His dear, innocent hyung. “I—I’m sorry for shouting at you. I j—just wanted to ask you something, hyung.”

                “It’s okay. It’s not your fault; It’s mine. I’m sorry for not listening earlier,” The latter stares into Chanyeol’s deep, brown orbs. “What is it, Channie?”

                Chanyeol’s heart tightens by the leader’s affectionate stares. “I—It’s just that…  I—I…” , why am I stuttering like this!

                “Channie, say something. It’s okay, I’m not mad at you.”

               Of course you’re not. “I’m just wondering… Wh—what,” again, Joonmyun stares at his orbs and Chanyeol doesn't realize he's been holds his breath. NOPE. CAN’T DO THIS. “What do you say for Bubble tea before going back to the dorm, eh?” DAMN IT YOU PARK COWARDYEOL, He thought to himself.

 


 

                “I didn’t know you’re a fan of Bubble tea, Channie.” Joonmyun says as they enter the Bubble tea shop. There’s a lot of customers, most of them were girls who wears a ‘WOLF 88’ shirt but thank god their disguise did well on them today.

                “Uhm… Yeah,” Chanyeol replies, clearing his throat. He orders a regular matcha bubble tea. “I’ve been into Bubble tea recently.”

                “Ah, Okay.” The older nodded. “The usual, please,” Joonmyun orders.

                “One less-sugar mocca bubble tea and one regular Chocolate bubble tea to go, sir?” The cashier guesses correctly, with a huge smile hanging on his face.

                Chanyeol is confused. The usual? Chocolate bubble tea? “Hyung, so you went here  frequently, huh?”

                “I came here pretty much twice a week, Channie.” The older says while handing a 10,000₩ bill to the cashier. “Keep the change.”

                “Oh... Who do you usually go with? And why did you buy 2 bubble teas?” Chanyeol asks cautiously, afraid that Joonmyun might mention the name that he hates so mu—

                “Sehunnie, and the chocolate bubble tea is for Sehunnie.” Joonmyun replies, and again, his lip turns into a beautiful curve.

                Chanyeol lets out a heavy breath, mumbling something like What’s so special about him and he will use all your money for teas.

                “What was that?”

                “Uh—Oh. It’s nothing. I just thought we should sit and talk for a little while.” Chanyeol says, grabbing Joonmyeon’s wrist.

                They sat there for some time, just talking about how they used to be a trainee and how close they were back then. It’s funny how Chanyeol forgot about his concerns and anxiety just by talking to Joonmyun. Maybe that’s just how Joonmyun is. Other than water, he controls Chanyeol’s feelings.

 


 

                They arrived at the dorm at 9PM sharp, the other members had already gone to their own dreamland. Chanyeol and Joonmyun were watching some boring historical movie with a large bucket of caramel pop corn. Chanyeol sighs, wondering why would someone as attractive as Joonmyun watches these kinds of movies. Yet Chanyeol can’t deny there’s a little person inside him going “yay!” when Joonmyun had asked him to accompany him for the night. Things I do for love, He thought.

                Joonmyun catches the way Chanyeol made an why am I suffering like this oh my God expression so he decides to turn off the TV and says, “You know what? I don’t like this movie. Let’s just surf the internet and watch some old cartoons.” Chanyeol smiles, “That sounds great, Myeonnie-hyung” and dozes off to his room, looking for his laptop.

                They watch some old cartoons as Joonmyun promised and laugh at the ridiculous things, sometimes they accidentally bump their shoulders because they’re sitting too close, but Chanyeol doesn’t mind though. After some time, they decided to watch their performance during The Lost Planet in Bangkok on Youtube. They watch their concert with a smile plastered on their faces- It’s always nice to hear the cheers and sees the silver ocean, it brings warmth to their hearts. After Gee, on the screen appears the ending of their XOXO performance and Chanyeol is thankful for the lack of light in the room because if it wasn’t, his crush would sure be laughing at his flustered face right now.

 

                Suddenly the older speaks up, “Ahh I remember this part when you suddenly carried me bridal style, Channie.” Joonmyun teases.

                OH MY GOD HE MENTIONED MY NAME AND HIS' AND SOMETHING THAT SOUNDS LIKE BRIDAL AM I DREAMING ASDFGDJDENJDE HE WANTS TO BE MY BRIDE????  “U— uh— uhuh…” Again, the younger is stuttering.

                “I like being carried by Channie.” Chanyeol almost fainted because of the older’s words. His heart is beating so fast, he feels like it’s going to burst anytime soon if Joonmyun wouldn’t stop being so adorable. But of course, Chanyeol does not want to look like a total freak in front of his dear senpai.

                Chanyeol just sits there silently, hanging for his dear life. He swears if Joonmyun throws him another sweet boo boos he will definitely faint. Literally.

                After a long silence, Joonmyun speaks up again. “You know, I ship both of you.” He says as ChanBaek moments appears on the screen.

                Chanyeol spontaneously makes a disgusted expression and pretending to vomit. “ME AND BAEK??? HYUNG, ONE WORD: NU-UH!!!!”

                “Why not? You guys are most of the world’s population favorite pairing and you two actually look good together.” Joonmyun says while laughing.

                Because Baek does not laugh like that. “He’s not my type.” Chanyeol lies. Oh dear, how many times has he lied today?

                “So… You’re into men?” Oh, snap. He senses Joonmyun’s voice becomes shaky.

                Chanyeol does not know what to do. He doesn’t want Joonmyun to walk away from him because he’s a homoual, but if he says no he’s afraid he might lose his chance with him. Not wanting  to ruin the atmosphere, Chanyeol jokes “It’s hard not to when you’re a grown man living with 10 hotties.” The younger hopes Joonmyun will not slap him, or at least not break his heart.

                Somehow, he can sense Joonmyun's body relieves. Seeing this, Chanyeol raises an eyebrow. “You’re not leaving?”

                “Do you want me to?” Joonmyun asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

                “No—Of course not. It’s just that I thought you would slap me or anything.”

                “It’s okay. You’re not the only one who’s gay, you know. I’m pretty sure EXO is gay for each other.” Joonmyun shrugs.

                “Myeonnie-hyung… You’re a mind reader, you know that?”

                “Yeah, yeah. By the way, earlier you said Baekhyun isn’t your type, right?” Oh, no. Chanyeol is shaking, he’s afraid Joonmyun might ask that certain quest—

                “So who's your type?”

                This is the end of Park Chanyeol.

                Having no idea what he should answer to make it less-obvious, he spontaneously says, “My type is Ichigo.”

                “…Ichigo? As in Tokyo Mew-mew? But Ichigo is a girl...” The older asks, his face makes a confused expression. And probably disgust, too.

                Yep. Definitely the end of Park Chanyeol.

 


               

                “So, you see. That’s why Ichigo is my type.” Chanyeol ends his explanation, doesn’t know whether he should be happy or not about being the ultimate crap-talker for the day.

                “Aaah.. So, you like a guy version of ichigo, a guy who has a sweet and caring personality… So you’re the type who dominates.” Joonmyun says more to himself, like he’s making an imaginary conclusion in his head.

                “Y— yeah.” Chanyeol says, trying hard not to blush because damn why do I act like a teenage girl today.

                Silence again. This time, Chanyeol is the one initiates to open his mouth to break the silence. “Myeo—“ he stops when he realizes a tiny head leaning onto his right shoulder. Joonmyun falls asleep on his shoulder, soft snores coming out from his pink luscious lips.

                Chanyeol can’t help but to blush. He leans his head on Joonmyun’s, inhaling the scent of Joonmyun’s shampoo. Strawberries. Chanyeol’s favorite.

                When Chanyeol thinks it’s safe enough, he lets out a heavy breath. He then speaks carefully to the sleeping beauty next to him, not wanting to wake him up.

                “Myeonnie-hyung. I’m sorry I can’t say these things directly to you, cause you see… I’m a coward when it comes to you, because it’s like you have full control of my feelings. Unlike you, I can’t keep myself calm when I’m nervous. I’ve been crazy about you for these past months. It’s driving me nuts how easily you influence my feelings. It took some time for me to realize that all these times, the reason behind these smiles were you.” He said while brushing a hair off from Joonmyun’s facial features with his left hand.

                “I really do love everything about you. I love how you tolerate all our faults, even sometimes manager hyung can’t forgive us that easily... I love how you put aside your needs and prioritizes the others’. I love how you put up with our everyday, especially the stupidest ones like how Tao whines about his Gucci bags.” He pauses, kissing Joonmyun’s nose bridge. He then remembers Joonmyun’s crying face on their first win showcase. He chuckles and continues, “Honestly, I even love your ugly crying face. Everything. Heck, I even love your flaws. It may sound like a cliché, but it’s true and I can’t help it. I love how cranky you get when you’re sleepy. I love how a mess you can be when you forgot to drink your milk in the morning. I love the little mistakes you make when we’re practicing dance moves. I love you. I love you. I love you.”

                “I never thought I could feel such happiness runs through my veins whenever you’re with me. I never thought someone could ever mean so much to me. I never thought I would fall for someone as dorky as you…” Chanyeol laughs to himself, remembering how dorky Joonmyun can be sometimes. “So I want you to feel the same towards me. I want to make you feel these kind of jolts when I see your smile, I want you to see me as someone so precious in your eyes, I want you to be with the dorky Park Chanyeol. Because I want you to be happy, and you have no idea how happy you've made me.” As he ended his words, his face was just a few centimeters from Joonmyun’s. Just when he’s about to capture the leader’s lips, a third voice interrupts from the front door.

 

 

 

                “Nice speech, Park Chanyeol. But I think you shouldn’t get any closer than that to my Joonmyun.”

 


 

                Author’s note:  Here’s a 1960 word vomit of SuYeol oh my God I’m so embarrassed in myself why did I even wrote this. *hides under the blanket*