A gentlemen's agreement.

사랑스러운

       

 

                 Sehun wakes up to a bundle of adorableness sleeping peacefully next to him.  He admires the petite’s beauty. His fair skin, his blonde locks, and his long eyelashes. Sehun stares at his submissive lover for what seems like an eternity. He just can’t help himself, it’s been a year since they’ve been together but Joonmyun never failed to take Sehun’s breath away, even when all he did was nothing.

                 Sehun wanted to go outside and make himself a decent breakfast, because his stomach is very needy in the morning, but Sehun doesn’t want to leave Joonmyun waking up to a cold emptiness. He wants to be the first person Joonmyun wakes up to every morning. So he forced himself to go on for a few minutes without food in his stomach. Yeah, that’ll be fine. If it was for Joon, he doesn’t mind at all.

                 Joonmyun wakes up to his loving boyfriend’s stares fixated on him. He sits straight and rubs his eyes for mere seconds. Seeing this, Sehun’s heart skipped a beat. Why does everything about Joonmyun makes his heart flinch?

 

                “Good morning,” Sehun says after giving Joonmyun a long, deep morning kiss.

                 Joonmyun chuckles after the kiss. “Good morning, Sehunnie. Did you sleep well?”

                “Not really actually, but then you kind of appeared in my dream, so yeah I change my mind, I slept well.”

                Joonmyun replies with a heartwarming laugh and planted a light kiss on Sehun’s forehead. “Let’s join the others for breakfast.”

                “Can we not? I just want to cuddle with you. I bet the others would still be asleep anyway, hyung.” Sehun whines.

                “Sehunnie, I think the members would be up by now. We don’t want to make them wait, do we?”

                “Actually

                “No, Sehun.

 


               

                 “Ah, Good morning Joonmyun-hyung.” Chanyeol greets him as soon as he got out from his room with a huge grin hanging on his face. “Good morning, Chanyeol. Where’s the others?” Joonmyun asks while a delicious smell comes to his senses. “They’re still sleeping.” He replies. Joonmyun nods while Sehun nudges Joon’s arm, bragging about how his statement earlier was true. Chanyeol is biting his lips due to nervousness, but then he speaks up anyway while offering a seat for Joonmyun, “Hyung, I made pancakes for you.”

                Joonmyun gladly took the seat Chanyeol offered to him and takes a good look at the appealing breakfast in front of him. “Ah, so this is where the nice smell came from”. It has 4 layers of beautifully arranged pancakes glazed with maple syrup, with a cherry on top as a dressing. “Thank you. That's so sweet of you, Chanyeol,” Joonmyun throws him his signature smile, “I bet they would taste great.”

                Chanyeol’s smile widen hearing his favorite hyung’s compliment, especially with that pretty smile plastered on his face, completing his perfect features. His thoughts itself makes him shows more of his white teeth. Ani, hyung. That’s so sweet of you.

                 Yes, it’s true. Chanyeol is helplessly in love with his lovely leader. He admires Joonmyun’s charms, his features, but most of all, his personality. Joonmyun captured Chanyeol’s heart right when Chanyeol sees the selfless side of him. He fell in love with the way Joonmyun prioritizes everyone else’s  needs before his own. He fell in love with the way Joonmyun takes care of 10 hyperactive human beings and letting go of his partner in leading because he wants him to be happy, to make his own choice. He fell in love with the naïve Joonmyun, even when he can be a little too clueless sometimes, yet so adorable it causes a smile creeps into Chanyeol’s face. People might not know this, but Joonmyun is the reason why Chanyeol is known as the happy virus. He made Chanyeol happy, so happy that it’s contagious for the others while in the reality is he’s the one who’s been influenced by Joonmyun.  A lot.

                 The thing is, he knows nothing about Joonmyun and Sehun’s relationship. He has no idea that Joonmyun belongs to Sehun. Well of course, sometimes he would see Sehun being clingy to his oh-so-perfect-crush but nonetheless, he only takes it as a maknae-leader bond. Heck, he doesn’t even know Sehun is giving him death glares right now because he’s too focused staring at Joonmyun.

                 Sehun is now fuming in jealousy. Who does he think he is? Why is he giving my Joonmyun pancakes? And why is he staring at him like that?

                 Just because Sehun and Joonmyun kept their relationship by themselves, doesn’t mean that anyone could just check out his boyfriend like that. If Joonmyun would let him brag about their relationship to the others (which Sehun desperately wanted to do), he would do it just so that everyone can see that Joonmyun belongs to him and him only. Sehun even once begged Joonmyun to let him hang a sign on the older's back, written “Try to look away, this person is taken.” which Joonmyun boldly denied.

                Sehun is fed up with Chanyeol’s attitude towards Joonmyun. He then approaches Joonmyun and rests his chin on  Joonmyun’s head. “Enjoying the pancakes, hyung?” “Yes, Hunnie. These pancakes were totally off the hook! Would you like to try some?” Joonmyun offers him a spoonful pancake. Sehun gladly accepts his offer. Sehun did not realize, Chanyeol is now the one who’s throwing him death glares.

                Soon, the other members start filling the dining table. They share laughs and stories before they start their day. Everyone is having a quality time, but it’s rather a rare morning because Chanyeol kept his mouth shut for the entire time.

 


             

                Joonmyun and Baekhyun were MC-ing for Inkigayo, which means Sehun has nothing to do but to wait for his boyfriend at the dorm with 9 annoying idiots. Just when Sehun decided to play a game with Jongin, he received a message.

               

From: Joonie-hyung<3

To: You

Sehunnie, I don’t think I can go with you to the Sushi House tonight. I’m sorry Hunnie, how about another day?

               Well that’s rare. He never cancels our date unless it's very important.

                 

From: You

To: Joonie-hyung<3

Why?

 

From: Joonie-hyung<3

To: You

I forgot that I promised Chanyeol to go with him to the shopping center because  he needs new sweaters. He asked a few days ago before you planned our date. Is  it okay, Sehunnie? I promise I will make it up to you.

               What in the world? Why is  Joon picking Chanyeol over me? He’s supposed to choose me over anyone else!

                Right now, Sehun is sulking and he just really want to ignore Joonmyun’s text because – seriously? Joonmyun had just cancelled their date for a giant yoda? Sehun can’t believe him, I mean, how could he? However, Sehun don’t want to give a silent treatment to his Joonmyun. He can never do that. Not only because he doesn’t want to, he also doesn’t have the cold heart to ignore his precious Joon.          

               

From: You

To: Joonie-hyung<3

It’s okay, but make sure you guys don’t take too much time. I missed you already.

                Right after Sehun pressed the send button, he sees a flustered Park Chanyeol with his eyes fixated to his phone. That yoda. If he does anything to my Joon, I will seriously stab him to death, Sehun murmurs under his breath.

 


 

                Joonmyun and Chanyeol arrived at the dorm at midnight with lots of shopping bags. They brought home lots and lots of outfits for the members (mostly for them). Just when Joonmyun was about to open his mouth to speak, Chanyeol ruffles his hair affectionally. “Thanks a lot for today, hyung”. “It’s no big deal, Chanyeol. It was fun shopping with you.” The older says. Again, Joonmyun’s kindness makes his heart flutters.

                Joonmyun was about to head to his room but Chanyeol prevent him from doing so. He grabbed Joon’s wrist and stares lovingly at his brown orbs. “Hyung, I’ve been wanting to tell you this,” but his sentences was cut off by a certain brat. Sehun comes out of his room and dashes to his lover. “Hyung! Where have you been! It’s late and you should take a rest!” Sehun says while clinging to the older. “Ah, it’s a long story, hunnie. I will tell you later.” Joonmyun answers. “Let’s go sleep now, hyung. I’ve been waiting you for hours and I want to sleep with you.” The maknae whines while tugging the hem of Joonmyun’s shirt. “Alright, let’s go sleep. Help me with these bags, Sehunnie.” Sehun nods and carries Joonmyun’s shopping bag to their shared room. Before Joonmyun enters his room, he turns to see Chanyeol and says, “Chanyeol, I’m sorry Sehun had to interrupt us. You were saying?”. “Nothing big, hyung. I can tell you some other time,” The taller replies with a heavy heart. Actually it was pretty big, since it’s about how I feel towards you. “You should sleep now, hyung.”  “Good night, Chanyeol.” Joonmyun says, flashing a stunning smile before closing the door.

                Joonmyun immediately throws himself to the bed he and Sehun shared, seeking for a cuddle session with his partner. Sehun holds him close while kissing his temples. “Joonie-hyung, why are you coming home late? It’s already 12” The younger asks with a pout. “There was a huge discount at the shops, so I thought it would be a waste if I don’t grab some things.” The smaller replies while snuggling closer to Sehun. “And did you buy anything for me?” Sehun asks with a teasing note. “Yes of course, most of the things I bought was for you”. Sehun smiles, and he continues snuggling with his boyfriend. “Go sleep now, Joonie-hyung. It’s getting late.”

                 Joonmyun fell asleep as easy as a flick of a hand. Sehun fixes Joon’s blanket and stares at the owner of his heart and mind who has an innocent sleeping face. He then carefully steps out of the bed and unwraps the things Joonmyun bought for him. He finds a piece of sweater that he’s been looking for months. He’s really touched by Joonmyun’s considerateness. “You really are an angel, Joonie-hyung,” Sehun mutters while running a hand through his newly bought sweater, “I’m sorry for interrupting your conversation with Chanyeol earlier. I just don’t want you to fall into another man’s arms.”  

 


 

                Morning came, and everyone’s busy preparing for their flight to Beijing for their solo concert. As soon as everyone is ready, they hurriedly went off to Incheon Airport. In the van, Sehun sits in the middle of Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, Jongin at the front, while Joonmyun and Chanyeol is seated next to each other. Sehun is not happy. Not happy at all. Even when he thought things couldn’t get any worse, Chanyeol keeps initiating interaction for both him and Joonmyun, which Joonmyun gladly responds. They talk about the most unimportant things and laugh about it. Jongin feels disturbed by the sound of doom from Chanyeol’s laughter, of course.

 

                “Yah! Park Yoda! Keep it down will ya?!”

                “But hyung’s expressions is so funny, Kai!” Chanyeol replies while hitting the back of Jongin’s seat because he can't control his laughter.

                “Whatever it is, please just keep it down! Geez, yesterday morning you weren’t as hyped as now.”

                It’s because I have him by my side now, the person who makes me feel like I’m on cloud 9.

 

                Sehun keeps cursing Chanyeol in the back of his mind, because Chanyeol keeps talking to his dearest Joon and the latter is not satisfied with this. Just wait, Park Chanyeol. I’m not losing to you.

                Sehun prayed to god that he will get to sit next to Joonmyun for the flight, but unfortunately God has another plan for the day, which is to continue testing Sehun’s temper. The latter gets to sit with Kyungsoo, Chen, and Lay. Baekhyun gets to sit with Kai, Xiumin and Luhan, which means Chanyeol gets to sit with Tao and the leader. Sehun mutters a long speech under his breath, whining about him not being able to sit next to Joonmyun. That yoda better not flirt with my man!

                Sehun has a bad feeling about this. About his boyfriend sitting next to someone who adores him. He stands up, pretending to grab something from his cabin just to take a look at his lover. Well, maybe he shouldn't, because by doing so, it leaves wounds to his heart. His eyes widens and his heart drops looking at the sight of Chanyeol leaning to his boyfriend and Joonmyun doesn’t seem to be troubled by that. Oh, no. Sehun clenches his fist, oh how he wish he could punch that giant’s face and throw him out from the plane. Sehun is this close to release his wrath, but he knows Joonmyun would hate him for sure if he does that.

                Sehun is not always this possessive to his lover, but there’s a reason why he’s being one right now.  Why? Because during The Lost Planet in Bangkok, Chanyeol who’s supposed to lift Kyungsoo during the end of XOXO, lifts his boyfriend instead. Oh you have no idea how turned off Sehun is by this. Chanyeol is asking Sehun to murder him, literally. Remembering that incident, Sehun clenches his fists even more and shots poisonous glares to Chanyeol. I swear if he’s going further than that I’m going to— His thoughts were cut off by an even much more heartbreaking sight. Joonmyun falls asleep on Chanyeol’s shoulder and Chanyeol kisses the older’s temple. THAT MOTHERFU— “Sehun? Are you okay?” once again, his thoughts were cut off. “I’m okay, D.O Hyung.” He answers the huge eyed hyung’s question earlier. “Then don’t clench your fist like that, Sehun. You’re hurting youself.” Oh you have no idea, sooner or later someone might be hurt as well. “Thanks for your concern, D.O Hyung.”

 


             

                They were on their way to the hotel now, The Lost Planet in Beijing was a blast. Everyone had fun except for one poor soul… You know who it is. God is still testing Sehun’s temper. Earlier that night, during the concert, Chanyeol kept following Joonmyun like a lost puppy, he even held his hands during XOXO. Boy, Sehun is starting to hate that song for sure. Even now in the van, Chanyeol keeps his clinging to his oh-so-lovely leader. Sehun really can’t take this anymore, so he decides he would beat the hell out of Chanyeol later on. Just when Sehun was thinking of techniques to beat Chanyeol, Joonmyun turns his head to see him. The latter flashes a warm smile to Sehun, and Sehun can’t deny that all his anxiety just flushes away because of his lover’s smile. That kind of smile that were only crafted for me. Joonmyun mouths something like “I wish I could sit next to you” “I miss Sehunnie” “You must be tired” and other words that makes Sehun regains his sanity. Who is he kidding, he can’t beat the hell out of Chanyeol. Joonmyun is not interested to that giant, so why must he be bothered about all these?

 

                Because Chanyeol is in love with the leader.

                Because Chanyeol is a brat who’s trying to steal Joonmyun’s attention.

                Because Chanyeol is seeking for Joonmyun’s love.

 

                Yep. That’s the reason. It’s enough to beat the out of Chanyeol. But then again, Sehun’s heart is not that cold. Maybe, just maybe, instead of hurting Chanyeol physically, he might hurt Chanyeol’s heart, which is kind of worse.

 


               

                As soon as they arrived at the hotel, all of them immediately heads to their own rooms to take a long, deep sleep. Chanyeol, Joonmyun, and Sehun were in the elevator, the atmosphere is quite awkward and intense at the same time. Chanyeol keeps his hands on Joonmyun’s shoulder, Joonmyun keeps his gaze on Sehun while Sehun keeps his glares to Chanyeol. Oh, this time Chanyeol realizes he’s being throwed death glares and whatsoever by that maknae. His mind finally finds its way to complete the puzzle now. He knew that Sehun has a soft spot too for the leader, he wants to make this whole thing a challenge, a challenge to get Joonmyun’s heart. Because he won’t give Joonmyun up easily to a bratty maknae. What he doesn’t know is the maknae has already won from the first place.

                The three of them got out from the elevator and starts heading to their own rooms. Sehun is Chanyeol’s roommate for the night while Joonmyun’s is Kyungsoo. Even though Sehun is not going to sleep with his lover tonight, he’s glad that his boyfriend is not sleeping with Chanyeol. “Good night, guys. Have a nice dream.” Joonmyun says. He shares a long and loving eye contact with Sehun. They communicate with their eyes, telling how much they love each other and how they feel bad about not sleeping in the same bed. After what seems like eternity, Joonmyun finally enters his room.

                The atmosphere between Sehun and Chanyeol in their shared room is so intense. They don’t talk to each other, but they keep throwing glares to each other. They kept themselves drowning in full silence, until Sehun opens his mouth to speak.

 

                "What were you thinking?" Sehun asks, shooting a fierce gaze to the person he’s talking to.

                "What do you mean?" Chanyeol replies, clenching his fists.

                "Heck- you know what I meant." Sehun rolls his eyes, raising his tone.

                "Is it about Joonie-hyung?" Chanyeol answered, narrowing his eyebrows, deepening the atmosphere.

                Sehun widens his eyes. That’s my nickname for him. "Don't call him that." Sehun threatens.

                Chanyeol laughs, replying the younger’s threat with sarcastic tone "Why should I listen to you, Oh Sehun?"

                "Because I don't like to share, Park Chanyeol."

                Chanyeol grits his teeth. This brat, who does he think he is? Chanyeol who were once a happy virus turned into a deathly hawk now, thanks to Sehun. “Who do you think you are? You don't own him.”

                “Oh you have no idea.” Sehun coffs.

                “Look, flower boy. How about we make a gentlemen agreement. You like him, and so do I. So—“

                “Correction. I love him.”

                “Yeah, whatever. You and I, we both have same feelings for the same person. Both of us don’t want to share. So to keep the battle between us fair, we should let him choose. Whoever captured his heart first, gets Joonmyun all to himself. While the other who loses, should never bother their relationship ever. How does that sounds to you, almighty maknae?”

                This should be interesting. “Deal.”

                “A gentlemen agreement it is, then.”

                “To win the lovely leader’s heart." Park Chanyeol, you really have no idea. 

 


 

             

                 Author's note: Hello guys! I'm really sorry for the late update:( I've been busy last week because of finals, and I've only been online from my phone until today! I'm also sorry for the cliffhanger. I had to do it, because at first I thought it was only going to be a one-shot but boom! the plot becomes longer than what I've planned. Anyways thanks for 28 Subscribers and 1 Upvote<3<3<3 I really aprreciate that, lovelies! Please, do tell your opinions about this story, I would really love that:D Anticipate the next chapter, sweeties! 

 

*grammatical errors: fixed