V.

I Wanted Your Love

People stared as she walked into the hospital. On her left arm she was carrying the bunched up train of her wedding and with her right hand she was holding her heels. She walked towards the front desk quickly.

"Bang Yongguk," she breathed.

"Excuse me?" asked the receptionist. "Could you repeat that?"

"Where is patient Bang Yongguk's room?"

"Let me see," said the receptionist as she typed a few keys and scanned the computer screen. "Second floor, room 250."

"Thank you," yelled Jieun as she was already halfway to the stairs.

Right when she reached the second floor she saw Yongnam sitting in the hallway, his head down. She walked towards him slowly and sat down next to him. She contemplated whether or not to what was wrong, but he spoke to her first.

"You know... He woke up just a couple of minutes ago," said Yongnam. "But he can't remember anything. Not even me, and I'm his twin!" He laughed bitterly at that.

Jieun just let that information sink in and before she knew it tears started rolling down her face. "I'm sorry," she said. She kept on repeating it over and over again.

Yongnam didn't have the heart to tell her to stop. He started crying too.

"Jieun?"

The crying girl looked up in the direction where the voice came from. "Ms. Bang... I'm sorry."

The older woman's eyes filled with tears as she looked at the girl. "Do you want to see him?" she asked.

Jieun stood up and wiped her tears but it was obvious she cried because her eyes were red and her eye make-up was smudged. "May I?"

"Of course, you're like a daughter to."

"Thank you." Jieun knocked on the door before going in.

"Hi," said Yongguk from the hospital bed. "You are..."

"Song Jieun," she replied. "Do you remember anything?"

"No, my name is Yongguk," he said. "Were you crying?"

"Huh? Oh, no. It was, uh... It was raining outside," she said quickly.

"Oh, right. That dress looks nice on you," he said with a smile. She just stared at that all too familiar smile. The one that made her fall in love with him.

Before she knew it, she was crying again. "I'm sorry," she said and then she left.