III.

I Wanted Your Love

1 month later

A deep sigh escaped her lips as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. I look so... normal, she thought.

"I guess you can't back out now, can you?" asked Yongguk with a straight face. After that, he left.

"You make a wonderful bride, darling," gushed Mrs. Song. "I don't understand what you're sighing about."

"Is it too late to have second thoughts, mom?"

A frown appeared on the older woman's face, when just seconds ago she was smiling so hard her cheeks could've fallen off.

"Why now? This is your fifth time having these 'second thoughts' and I don't quite understand why. Are you still not over that boy, Jieun?" questioned her mother harshly.

"No, no. I've... forgotten him. I just don't know if I'm ready for marriage yet. I mean, I've barely started my career. Plus, I'm not sure if... I'll be able to wait that long for Seunghyun-ss, uh, oppa," said Jieun slowly.

The harsh look on her mother's face disappeared and she gave Jieun a gentle smile this time.

"Oh, honey, you're having cold feet because you'll miss son-in-law? Don't worry, if you give me a grandchild then we can raise him and those five years will pass by in no time," said Mrs. Song as she pulled Jieun into a hug.

"I'm not raising a child without the father's help, mom!" Jieun pulled away from the embrace and left the dressing room with her phone in her hand.

"What kind of mom suggests that?" she muttered to herself.

Jieun continued walking towards the lobby with her head down not watching where she was going. She only looked up after crashing into someone.

Her breath caught in . "Yong-"

"Sorry, but you should watch where you're going next time miss," said the stranger while he stared down at her. "Oh, Jieun-ah, what're you doing here?"

"Oppa, why are you here?" she asked, slightly in a daze.

"Hm, I asked you first, but I guess I'll tell you. Daehyun invited me to a wedding, although he didn't tell me whose-" his sentence trailed off as he finally took notice of what Jieun was wearing. "Oh, well... Is it your wedding, Jieun?"

Instead of saying yes, she just nodded her head up and down slowly with her head hung low.

"Why the sad mood then? Shoudn't you be happy?" he asked, laughing dryly.

"Oppa, how is he?" She stared at his shoes as she asked him the question.

"He's doing fine. He's fully recovered, all he has to do now is wake up." He looked at Jieun with pity, then he looked around the lobby. "I should probably go find Daehyun now."

Just before he was about to walk away, Jieun pulled at his suit jacket. "I'm sorry, Yongnam-oppa."

"There's nothing to be sorry about, Jieun. I'm pretty sure he doesn't blame you either," said Yongnam softly with a small smile on his lips. "Congratulations. I might not be able to stay for the reception if that's okay with you."

She nodded her head again instead of saying yes and let go of his jacket sleeve.

-

Hmm, I feel like I'm rushing this but idk. What do you guys think?

& tadah, a special appearance from Yongnam!

I said this was gonna be a short fic but maybe not I dunno.

Let's just see how this goes. Well then... Until next chapter~ (: