Chapter Six

The Fallen Angel
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You look happy today."

Jenny was humming while preparing her breakfast. It seemed like her visit yesterday to that place had eased her sadness. "Where are you planning to go today?"

Of course, I would receive no reply as she couldn't hear me.She kept on humming to herself, a jolly tune which I started humming myself. As soon as she finished her breakfast, she went out hurriedly, checking her phone as she did so. "What's with the sudden rush? Wait for me!" I shouted as I hastily got off my seat.

 

She now had her earphones on as she walked briskly towards the bus stop. "Where are you going now?" I asked, almost shouting. She hopped on the bus and sat at an empty seat by the window. "Woah! You are not in a hurry are you," I said as I sat beside her. Her phone then sounded off. I waited for her to check who it was but she seemed to have not heard it. "Aish~ why don't you remove one of your earphones?! You act as if you wanted to shut away the whole world... and me."

 

Silence.

 

Did I just say that?

No... no. I did not say that.

 

As if on cue, she fished for her phone and checked if she had a new message. I peeked beside her as she read it. Just then a name flashed on her phone.

"Dae Sung," I read out loud.

She immediately answered his call. I don't know what they were talking about, but it seemed like she was going to meet up with this guy. "Are you going on a date with him?" I asked curiously. "If you are then... that means I would be having a date with Charles as well," I concluded as I laughed in between words.

 

 

Jenny chose a table by the window. She sat there silently, watching people as they walk by. I stared at her wondering how she was before her fiance had left her. Just then, my vision started to get dark and blurry. "Wha- what's happening?!" I panicked. 

"

Please log in to read the full chapter