Chapter Three

The Fallen Angel
Please log in to read the full chapter

Daniel and I looked on curiously at our assignments. Jenny kept on insisting that she saw her ex-fiancé behind her while Minzy tried her very best to bring her bestfriend back to her senses. 

"Had she... somehow... lost her head?!" I unconsciously asked myself out loud.

Daniel laughed at my query, "You should know... she's your assignment anyways."

 

Apparently, I spent the entire day with my newfound angel friend Daniel and, of course, his assignment Minzy. All throughout the day, Jenny would often stop and look at mirrors, searching for that Seung Hyun guy who I couldn't even see. Even I know for a fact that he doesn't exist anymore, long gone. But her eyes showed deep sadness and longing, and even a spark of hope. What was she even hoping for? That he would somehow come back from the dead? Hmmm... I wonder what happened to him after his death. Where could he have gone to next? Could he have been sent as a member of 'The Army' too? But how would I search for him when, clearly, none of us could remember who we were in our past lives, that even our faces were rid of any trace of who we once were.

 

 

"Earth to Jenny...," called out Minzy, snapping her fingers at her bestfriend as she did so. Jenny looked at Minzy blankly. "Hello? Are you here?" she called out once more, louder this time. "Yeah... I am...," answered Jenny tiredly. "Do I need to call Seung Yoon and tell them to hurry up?" asked Minzy, sounding a bit desperate. Jenny put her hands on her head as if she's having a headache. 

"Is she okay?" I asked Daniel worriedly.

"If you mean okay physically, yes. Yes she is. But here...," he paused as he pointed a finger towards the left center of his chest, "...she's not," he continued on.

I looked at Daniel and then at Jenny. "Why do people need to experience pain?"

"Because experiencing pain would make you recognize and appreciate happiness once it arrives."

I looked at him, surprised by his answer. "And where did

Please log in to read the full chapter