The Night pt 7

The Night

       Before I could go any further with my story I needed to know who she felt that she loved, "Juniel, what's the boy's name?" I asked as I placed my hand on top of hers. "Nichkhun; Taec and Suzy's son."A half simle slid acrossed her face. Her father and I have known them since we were in high school. They are amazing parents; Khun and juniel grew up together. Two peas in a pod. He would never be to far from her and she with him. When they were little he always said he would protect her from any and everything. He is an amazing boy.

       A memory of a time when Junho, Taec, Suzy, Woo, IU, Chan, Sunny and I took all our kids to the zoo. We were at the gorllia enclosure and Juniel began crying when one of the gorllia's towered over her and placed his giant rough hand on the pain of glass. Khun was immediately at her side pulling her into a tight hug. "Shh he isn't going to get you I promise." he said her hair. Pulling herself closer to him she sobbed "What if he gets out?"  "I will kick his and any other gorllia that tries to get you. I'm superman." They were face to face now. "Shh it's alright I'm here and you're safe." He whispered to her and his small hand rubbed small circles on her back. They were four at the time.

       Bitting her lower lip she looked me in the eye nervously, "I always know it would be him." With a giant smile on her face and a sigh of relief she says "Me to." "Just be safe baby." I assure her with a warm hug. "Mom can you finish your story?" I simply nodded.

       "I wouldn't say nothing spectacular happened after that. Thanksgiving his family had dinner with my family and that Christmas I got to go skiing with his family up at Big Bear Lake. He bought me a diamond heart shaped necklace and I bought him a watch that he had been eyeing most of the year. For New Year's Eve we got all dressed up and enjoyed a fancy dinner, just the two of us. We went to the beach after because we both wanted to bring in the New Year underneath the stars. Junie had loaded up his dads pick up with a lot of blankets and pillows. We danced to the music that floated from the radio in the truck. As the countdown hit midnight we kissed with the stars twinkling over our heads and the waves crashing against the shore. Sitting in the bed of the truck tucked in warm we talked about our plans for the future. Somewhere between teasing about 12 kids and living in a shoe we fell asleep. We woke up to a sound of someone clearing their throat and the sun shining. Frightened we told the officer what had happened and he just smiled. "You two youngins better get on home before your parents begin to worry." he chuckled as we both thanked him and we drove away.

      The rest of the school year we prepared for the SAT and applied to colleges and wrote our entrance essays. Junie wanted to go to UCLA because they had wonderful academics and leader in engineering programs. I wanted to study fashion but I wasn't sure where I should go but i applied to UCLA as well. It wasn't until that July that something happened. With a sigh I spoke a little softer this time. "On our one year anniversary we lost our ity to one another. We did it because it felt right and we knew we would be together for a long time."

    "Did grandma find out?" She asked.

 "Yes, when I told grandma she looked at me puzzled and told me she thought we have already been doing that." I chuckled. Trying to control my laughter i spit out "I looked at her and in a high pitch voice I yelled MMMMOoooooommmm gross."

     "She trusted you two alone?"

     "Yes she did. And I will trust you with Khun the same way. I know you are responsible and so was junie and I. Don't ever be afraid to tell me anything ok." With a nod she smiled. "Go on mom."

       "Senior year started without a hitch, Junie already his acceptance letter from UCLA and we were just waiting on mine. which it took until mid December to get it. We sent that holiday season with both sets of families under one roof. But that January just a few days before my 18th birthday I got really sick and ended un in the hospital and he was with me everyday." I looked at her nervously and felt like my stomach lept to my throat. Not sure if I am ready to do this. My heart was racing.  "I had the flu and I found out I was two months pregnant."