The Night

The Night

My 16 year old daughter burst through the kichen door. As she threw her backpack on the floor and walking towards the fridge "Mom we need to talk." She looks at me and looks at the table. A sense of worry comes across her face. "Sure hunny" I say as i dry my hands off and walk towards the table. We sit oposite from each other. "What do you want to talk about?" "How old were you had your first kiss?" She asks as she nervoulsy twist her fingers  in one another. Flash backs of Minjun pop in my head. The first is when we were 14 and when we just met. Walking me home because it wasnt safe and it was just across the street. My breathing begins to hitch as I think that man still has an effect on me. "I was sixteen." I look her straight in the eyes as i say it. "Can you tell me about it?" She ask softly . I clear my throat as i beginin .

 

"It was a warm night in May, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the stars were shinning bright. I was sitting on my front porch talking with a few of my friends when he was walking past my house. He hears us before he can see us and he opens the gate and walks up the steps and takes a seat. Grabing the only seat that was avaible he sat in front of me; perfect spot if you asked me. I don't remember what we talked about that night. I do know that in that very moment life seemed perfect, we were all laughing and having a good time. As the night got later he and I ended up on this white bench underneath a blanket. Somehow we ended up talking about relationships. He went around asking each one of us if we had a boyfriend. Most of us said no. He looked at me a little shocked and smiled. "I want to kiss you all. Each of you are very pretty girls." He said. One by one he ended up kissing each girl on the cheek. I was a ball of nerves when it was my turn and i politely told him no. One of my good friends told me "Come on you would be getting your first kiss from your crush. Not many girls get that" OK she was right I thought. "Ok" I said as he smiled from ear to ear. "Kiss my cheek" I Said. "No thats a granny kiss." but he did it anyway. The wetness of his lips made me blush as he kissed my cheek. He then leaned into me and kissed me on the lips. My whole body shook it was as if fireworks had went off and i was there starring in amazement. "Wait I didn't even see it." My friend said. "Do it again" Red rose in my cheeks as we leaned in once again. This time the kiss was much longer and he rested his hand on mine. As we pulled apart we smiled neither one of us saying a word. We ended up staying under the blanket for a long time after whispering to one another. " 

 

As i finish telling her this her eyes are sparkling and she asked  "Was it daddy?"  "No it wasn't your father. His name was Minjun but i called him Junie." And I still am in love with him. but i leave the last part out.