A little too much fun

Shrek and RapMonster short stories.

I got this from the prompt: You get home from work and find a letter, you're shocked to find out the letter is from one of your favourite pieces of furniture! What does the letter say?


The light of day has already started to fade as I force myself through my front door in a fatigued struggle. Work has been getting more tiresome, especially with the pay cuts at the company, nothing excites me more than the thought of climbing into bed and having a much needed sleep.

My house is dark and cold, the lack of maintenance the house has had was obvious as a small shock sent through my finger from the light switch.
My eyes are blinded by my eyelids, begging for sleep, I go towards my bedroom but stumble on something.
“Watch it!” A shrill voice snaps at me.
In my sleepy daze I stumble over in shock of the sudden sound.
“Who’s there? Why are you in my house?” I call out, weary of the intruder.
“No need to look so scared, Rapmon, it’s just me.” The voice had become menacing and angry. I looked up, eyes wide and mind awake.
I see my chair, my large, plush, comfortable chair sitting in front of me.
“What are you doing here, Jin? Why aren’t you on the lounge?” My voice comes out shaky, the only time Jin ever takes the time to drag herself out of the lounge is when she’s really mad.
“Well I need to tell you something as soon as you got home, and I know you’d neglect to stop by to the lounge to say hi before stumbling off to bed.” Her words sounded staunch and stiff. This would not be a fun conversation.

“Jin, you’re a talking chair that can move around and the curtains are open, what if someone saw?”
“That’s irrelevant now, Rapmon!” She cut me off. “There’s something more important to talk about.” I could tell she was furious but I couldn’t tell why. What have I done now?
“I’ve barely been here since Wednesday , what did I do to get you so unnecessary worked up?” I gritted my teeth and questioned her.
Unnecessarily worked up?!” She screamed.
“Do you remember what you did last Wednesday?”
Oh god. I thought to myself
“Thought you’d have a little fun with that cute little co-worker of yours, Shrek, on top of me?” Jin spat.
Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy, Oh god no. My mind shifted through thousands of thoughts.
“Rapmon!” Jin snapped me back into reality.
“I GOT HERPES!”
I stepped back from Jin to take in the information.
Whoops.