You're My Only Goal

Shrek and RapMonster short stories.

I got this from the prompt: You're a soccer player on your national team at a World Cup soccer game. It's an elimination game. It comes down to the final play and the ball is yours. Write this scene, but here's the catch: There's something on your mind that's distracting you and must be incorporated into your thought process while trying to score the goal.


The last goal to win the World Cup.
The final kick that could lead to our victory.

I felt the eyes of the entire stadium burning into me, but out of the thousands of eyes the only ones I could focus on were two large brown eyes, belonging to a large green ogre, my lover, Shrek.
Agghhh Why did he have to be like this now? I know I should have been open about our relationship when asked in that interview and I know Shrek said he would leave me if I play this game without telling the truth, but how could I possibly admit I was dating an ogre? I can't. I'll be thrown off the team for sure. 

No. I have to do this. This is my dream. This is what I spent all those endless training hours preparing myself for. 

I positioned myself to take the shot.

"Rapmon! Rapmon! Rapmon!" The majority of the audience was screaming my name, but one pair of dark green lips remained tight pressed in a sour expression. 

I focused on the ball in front of me and mentally planned out how to get it in the goal. Once I was certain I would score I backed up a few feet for a run up.
As I began to run towards the ball I spared a glance at my green lover. 

Biggest mistake I could have made.

I saw the gleam of a tear rolling down his cheek. The guilt and love I had for that man overwhelmed me. My thought pattern was lost and I forgot about the game, I finished off my run towards the ball and carelessly kicked it without looking and made a swift turn towards the audience seating, he was all I wanted now, football, it, Shrek is all I need.

The unplanned shot had hit the metal structure of the goal. Worried gasps collectively rang out as the ball rebounded and flew straight for my ogre love. 

The ball knocked Shreks head entirely off and he died instantly.

"Woops" I muttered to myself.