Feeling Antsy

Shrek and RapMonster short stories.

I got this from the prompt: The department stor elevator shuts down on the way to the fourth floor, with you and ten other people in it.You remain calm but other people begin to panic.


The whir of the elevator played as an off-beat instrument along with the soft songs of the elevator music and the quiet drums of shuffling feet.

It was just the same as any other mrning, a slow unsteady ride in a metal box up to the 6th floor.
Rapmon wriggled closer to his boyfriend, Shrek, uncomfortable with the close proximity of the many other elevator-riders. 

Shrek enjoyed the closeness of his boyfriend and began to hum contently to himself, joining the off tune chrous of elevator sounds. His humming was cut short as was the elvator ride. No longer was the elevator climbing stories, but the door had not opened. The elevator had broken.
An awkward air of silent angst and worry filled the small space, no one dared speak. 

A black liquid began to seep in from the corners of the elevator. The silence was broken by a piercing shriek from one of the woman.
"It's eating me!" Another screamed.

Rapmon bent down to examine the black stream.
"It's ants?" He stood up confused. "Thousands of ants." 
Rapmon clung to his boyfriend whose ears had pricked up at the mention of small insects..

"Ants?! Yum!" Shrek his lips before running his flat tongue along the walls that were drowning in a black layer of ants. 
The insects 
thickly covered everyone in a blanket of ants. Everyone began to scream and bump into eachother, but shrek continued to rapidly eat any ants in sight.

Once all the ants were eaten he finally snapped out of his frenxy nd looked up to see no one was there.
The small room was covered in thick red liquid and black specks. 

Nothing but Rapmons head was left. With his dying brath he spoke, blood pouring from his large lips as he did.
"You... Ate.. Them.. All.."