Table For Two

Shrek and RapMonster short stories.

I got this from the prompt: What is the best present you could ever recieve? 


Shrek paced back and forth in the restaurant bathroom, quietly mumbling to himself. He took a small box from his suit pocket and flipped it open to reveal shiny diamond encrusted ring with a large ruby placed in the centre.
Shrek calmed his breathing and wiped the sweat from his forehead.
"Of course he'll say yes" he told his reflection, "Now go out there and make him your husband!" Shrek turned from the mirror and made his way out of the bathroom. He manoeuvred through the fancy restaurant; the dim light gave it a romantic feeling. 

Shrek got to the table he had to book four months in advance to get for him and Rapmon.
"Hey babe, have a good dump?" Rapmon asked as Shrek sat across from him.
"Yes it was good d-darling" Shrek was getting nervous.
"Rapmon, I... Umm... Can I ask you a question?" A waterfall of sweat was pouring inside of Shrek’s suit.
"Sure sweetie, are you okay?" Rapmon raised an eyebrow at Shrek’s behaviour.

Shrek cleared his throat and stood up from his seat.
"We've been together through a lot, darling Rapmon, You know I love you, but I want to make sure you know the infinite extent of my love" Shrek lowered himself onto one knee.
Rapmon gasped, his eyes lit up in excitement "Ohmygod Shrek!"

Shrek pulled out the box and opened it to display the expensive ring. 
"Rapmon, will you marry me?"

Tears began to fall from Rapmon’s eyes as he stared at his green boyfriend on his knee (as if he hadn't been in that position before). Rapmon started to laugh through the happy tears.
"Shrek this is the best present I could ever receive!" Rapmon giggled.
"So then why are you laughing?"
"Because I love you just as much." Rapmon reached into his suit pocket and pulled out an emerald and gold ring and put it on Shrek’s finger.

"Yes Shrek, I will marry you"