Joongie's Birthday

Coffee Cojjee

Today was another weekend, and you walked out of your house wearing a big knit sweater with skinny jeans and combat boots, your hair flowing loose behind you like a banner.

Another two months had passed, and thankfully the atmosphere between you guys returned to its comfortable state. Your only concern was to keep it that way.

"Good Morning~" he greeted as he sat down. He looked absolutely radiant today, as always, but he had brought someone with him. That other person (also bundled up in winter clothes and sunglasses) pulled up another seat, and smiled crookedly at you.

"Good morning, are you the one Joongie tells us all about?"

You choked on your coffee as "Joongie" slapped the others arm. You recovered quickly and smiled in faux triumph.

"Now I know your name!"

 He smiled apologetically.
"Sorry, you'll have to excuse Yunnie. He's very blunt and..." He stage-whispered "a little pabo..."
"Yah!" Yunho smiled. "You're no better!"

~after a two hours or so of small-talk~

Yunho looked around the cafe.
"This is a really nice place to get a warm drink..." 
He took another sip of his espresso. 

"So... Anything special going on, guys?"

Jaejoong smiled pleasantly.

"Well, today's my birthday... Does that count?"

My neck snapped around. What? I had forgotten his birthday?!

"OMO!! Lets go celebrate!"

You jumped out of your seat and pulled Yunho and Jae up with you. Yunho looked amused while Jae looked flustered as he fixed his outfit, making sure (and failing to ensure that) no one recognized him.

"C'mon! I know a really good bakery around the corner!"

The bell on the door chimed as you pushed it open, pulling Jaejoong's hand. Yunho followed closely, chortling about  how he "remembers when he was that innocent" and "how cute!" Both you and Jaejoong ignored the comments (although you did let your hands go pretty quickly)--neither of you wanted to kill your current relationship with each other.

After walking for a little bit, admiring the crunch of snow under your feet, and the cold air against your face, your breath curling in little wisps of steam, you realize that this is the first thing you've done with Jaejoong outside Coffee Cojjee. Before your easy blush could give it away (thank goodness it was cold enough to blame your apple cheeks on the harshness of winter!) you had reached the bakery that you loved so much.

"Here it is!"

You gestured grandly to a small little run-down bakery, with the sign tinged with rust on the edges. However, it was rather well-kept, with small pots of flowers lined up along the side of the store, and a well-swept entranceway. Yunho smiled.

"It's very cute."
"Oppa, not only is it cute, the actual products sold here are fantastic, too!"

Jaejoong, being snarky, commented:

"Well, duh. If the products weren't good, then it wouldn't have lasted long enough to become like this."

You stuck your tongue out at him, and he flashed a killer smile back.

Yunho simply shook his head and sighed dramatically.

"Ahh... To be young again and feel love..."

To which Jaejoong replied:

"Pabo. I'm older than you."

And he went ahead to pull the door open. Before I could follow, Yunho knelt down and whispered in my ear.

"Hey, he didn't deny anything about love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello darlings ^^ here's a little clip of a bigger chapter I wanted to put, but I'm splitting it into two parts; hope you like it!