K-Drama Scene??

Coffee Cojjee

It was the third time you had met him in the cafe, in your corner, and he still had yet to tell you his name. He knew yours by now, by way of you trying to coax the answer out of him, but he remained the "mystery man". To be honest this was a fairly accurate description of him, seeing as he barely told you anything about himself, any talk somewhat about him revolving around his work, which you hadn't exactly figured out what it was.

For example, he'd complain about his work often, about how his co-workers (referred to as Yunnie, Min, Chun, and Su-Su,) would all the time, but you could tell he was really close to them by the way he talked about them, with a small smile that wouldn't go away no matter how bad he talked about them. He was very motherly and protective about them at the same time, to the point where if I nodded along with what he said, he'd get angry and pouty, like a small child.

Overall, a very hard person to not like.

So, even as he talked to you, you felt your heart slowly soften and warm, making you smile as he abandoned his laptop to make a large gesture describing something Min did. He paused to take a large gulp of his cappuccino, then returned with a foam mustache, and  before you realized what you were doing, you reached out to wipe it off with the side of your hand. 

You both pulled away simultaneously, pulling your feet away under your seat, both of you avoiding eye contact. There was a long period of awkward silence between you and him. Then he coughed.

"Ughh... Well, I have to go now. You know, to work. So... Have a nice day..."

He stood, collected his laptop and jacket, and made to leave. Then he turned back, fished out a couple bills, placed it on the table, and then left the cafe.

He never once looked you in the eye.