Chapter 2

×:█「⊰BITTERSWEET° ▬

:CHAPTER ⊹ T W O ▫ 
     ██████████ ██████████ ██████████ ██████████ ██████████
        sugar and spice . day and night . white and black . sweet and sour . present and absent . hot and cold . shy and bold . love and hate 
              ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯BITTER &SWEET⋯⋯

Caller ID: Husband

Eun Mi’s eyes flashed open in wake when she saw the name on her cellphone screen, as well as the picture she had assigned to that contact. Not caring that he was calling at six in the morning, she answered it with a huge smile. “Reeeen~!”

“Morning, Em!”

Her smile disappeared. “I’m hanging up, you loser.”

She heard Aron’s laugh on the other line. “I have his phone, which obviously means he’s with me! You awake now, right? Start getting ready and head to class today.”

“No-”

“Come to school today,” she heard on the other line, but this time from the true owner of the cellphone. “And if possible, everyday after that. I don’t want this idiot barging into my room so early in the morning just to use my phone.”

“So you do want to see me everyday!” she gushed with a huge smile.

“Did you not hear my second sentence?”

“I knew you cared!”

Ren hung up.

Em held her phone tightly to her chest, her smile not fading. Today was going to be a great day, she could feel it!


“You’re on time. Holy… You’re on time,” Aron repeated. “Wait… You must be Yun Hee, right?”

Em raised a brow. “The hell you talking about? Who’s Yufee?” she asked. She was seated cross-legged on her desk, rather than on the chair. “Ren wanted me to come to school, so I came.”

“Two days in a row, Em? A miracle!” the guy seated in front of her said. “Turning over a new leaf? Do I no longer have to fear for my life?” Word had gotten around on how Em had cried yesterday in the cafeteria, and rumor had been circulating that she was incredibly nice now. The guy supposed she wouldn't be so hard to talk to now...

Em shifted slightly on her desk so she could kick the side of his chair, causing him to fall with a yelp. “What are you talking about? I don’t understand stupid.”

Aron laughed and helped the guy up. “You pushed your luck without getting the facts straight first.” The guy only grimaced before sitting back down.

Em suddenly stiffened. She quickly fixed her gaze to the door.

Aron took a few steps back, well aware what was going to happen. He didn’t know how Em knew, she just did. They say it was how a girl in love acts… An inhuman one, he supposed.

On cue, the door to the classroom opened.

“My love~!” Em exclaimed, running over to the student that had entered the classroom, arms outstretched for a hug.

Without even looking up from his book, Ren sidestepped her easily.

He took his seat, only shifting his gaze towards the girl that had stumbled into a few of their classmates for a few seconds. She was causing another ruckus - “Ow!” “Sorry for running into you - your head okay?” “I fell on my !” “Exactly.” - when it was obviously her that was at fault. It was… a very routine and familiar setting.

Not at all like yesterday.

“Has too many fights and hits to the head turned her bipolar?” Ren asked Aron as Em was in an argument - “You were in the way!” “I’m not allowed to stand by my table?!” - with the girls she crashed into.

Aron grinned. “You’ll see!” he said in a singsong voice. Yun Hee would arrive and the class would be in for the surprise of their life!

… So he thought. The bell had rung, class had started, Eun Mi had been scolded twice already… and still no sign of her identical counterpart.

When the bell for second period rung, Aron quickly went towards Em. He leaned forward, his face only inches away from her own.

Em raised an eyebrow, not at all affected by the close proximity. “I don’t mind the stare since I know I’m beautiful - but I do get sick of your face, especially if it’s too close.”

Aron stood back straight. “... I thought for a second that you really were bipolar.” Yun Hee had not come… He had thought for a moment that maybe Yun Hee didn’t really exist. Maybe it was Em yesterday.

… The smaller girl tilted her head in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

He stared at her for a moment… No. The girl yesterday was someone different. The one before him now was Em. Aron didn’t know how he knew, he just did. Being friends with Em for a long time does that - too long, though, was the term Ren and the other guys preferred to say.

“Second period! Get moving or you’ll be late!” he chided instead, taking hold of her wrist and dragging her out of the classroom.

Em rolled her eyes but allowed herself to be dragged anyway. “Hate that class. You’re not in it and my seatmate is that annoying Minho guy-”

“Minhyun.”

“Whatever.”

Aron suddenly stopped in his tracks. “... Wait. Did you just say that you hate second period because I’m not in the same class as you?”

Em glared at him. “... More because of Minhyuk-”

“Minhyun.”

“-but yeah.” She suddenly grinned and patted her friend on the back. “I’m going to be especially nice to you today for allowing me to talk to Ren this morning.”

… So it was because of the blonde in the end. It always was.

“Anyway! Here’s my class with that Shanghai dude.”

“... That wasn’t even close to Minhyun… it’s not even a person’s name,” Aron said with a laugh as he left. “See ya at lunch.”

Em ignored what her friend said and took a seat. Right when she sat down though, a pair of arms suddenly enveloped her. “Em~” Minhyun greeted, hugging the smaller girl.

He was knocked down to the floor in a second.

“And who said you could touch me?” she said with a scowl. She applauded the guy for always trying to talk to her during class, but this was of a whole other level and there’s no way she’d allow a… what was that vile term? A hug.

“But you were fine with me hugging you yesterday!” Minhyun said as he stood up.

“I wasn’t here yesterday,” Em said with a roll of eyes. “Have you been knocked on the head too many times that you’re hallucinating?”

Minhyun took his seat and held onto his head. “... My gorgeous face has been met with much abuse from both you and Ren…”

Em stared warily at him. “... Please stop talking to me.”

“But… You were so different yesterday-”

“I wasn’t here yesterday,” she repeated, annoyed. “Get it through that head of yours - unless you want another dent in it!”

… That threat was enough to silence him.


“I see you’re back to being a four-eyes.”

Em looked up from her sandwich. “... All the better to see your ugly face with.”

Nana narrowed her eyes down at the seated girl, her hands on her hips. “And it’s lovely to hear your smart mouth again. Did yesterday’s plan of winning over Ren with that innocent girl act fail?”

Em frowned. First that random classmate in the morning that had the gall to speak to her, then that Taemin guy in second period that actually hugged her, and now even this Enemy Number 12 of hers was also talking about something that happened yesterday.

“Okay, look, nuuna-”

“We’re the same age!”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about. I wasn’t here yesterday. Has this school missed me so much that they thought I was here when I wasn’t? I never knew you all adored me!” Em said with a haughty laugh.

Nana stared at her blankly. “... There are so many things wrong with that statement. You were here, hello? Or is your brain as small as your height?”

Em quickly stood up - grimacing at how small she looked compared to the taller girl. She noted how they were causing a scene - same old same old. It was the topic that was new. “You’re getting better and better with each comeback. I’m impressed, perhaps you do have a brain in there after all, Lizzy.”

“That’s my name!” a girl from Nana’s table said, raising her hand.

Em looked at her briefly, then back at Nana. “You expect me to be able to differentiate you triplets?”

“We aren’t-!... Ugh, forget it. You’re too stupid to be able to comprehend more than one person at a time,” Nana said with a roll of eyes. “Makes me wonder how you were able to come up with that plan yesterday.”

That yesterday again!

“Even crying… You’re too… dumb to think of such a good plan. You always just attack poor Ren-”

“Wait, wait. Back up!” Em said, raising up her hands. “Crying? Me? What? You crazy, Raina?”

Nana rolled her eyes, but didn’t bother to correct her. “Yes, you cried. Like a total baby,” she muttered, recalling the incident. She hated the smaller girl with a passion - practically everyone did - but seeing her tear up yesterday was… Recalling it actually made her feel something other than annoyance towards Em.

“... a cute baby?”

… But then the annoyance came crashing back. “No. You even got Ren to defend you… Was that Aron’s plan? It was, wasn’t it?”

Em frowned, now completely suspicious. She loved Ren. He was her knight in shining armor, prince charming, and underwear on the outside wearing superhero - in her mind. He just doesn’t defend her in real life… That sounded so delusional and sad.

“He… defended me?” she repeated.

“Yeah! Totally came in with a cape and even had Poker Face as his theme song!” A new voice chimed in. Aron placed an arm around Em’s shoulder, grinning brightly at the two girls. “... It’s already been like five minutes into your argument, and no blood shed yet? A miracle!”

Em glared at Aron, but didn’t make a move to remove his arm. “She says I cried yesterday… Everyone I’ve been meeting says I was here yesterday. You will tell me the truth, right?” she asked.

Aron frowned, recalling yesterday. “It’s a long story.”

Em made a shooing motion with her hands to Nana. “We could skip next period.” She glanced at the taller girl that was glaring at her. “Run along now.”

“I am not some dog-”

“Do I have to throw a stick or something?”

“Why you-!”

“A lovely atmosphere outside!” Aron interrupted again, taking hold of Em’s arm and her tray. “Let’s eat outside, yeah?”


“So you’re saying that the school missed me so much that they thought I was here when I wasn’t?” Em said, not at all recalling that those were her exact words earlier.

Aron nodded. “Pretty much.”

“Oh, okay.”

Aron sighed. Sometimes, his friend really needed help.

“Aron? Baekho’s asking where you took his…”

The two seated on the bench looked towards the speaker. Ren glanced at his friend first, then at Em. “Should I be cautious?” he asked, facing Aron again.

He nodded. “Very.” Em punched Aron in the shoulder, to which he winced in pain.

Aron had said that the school missed her to the point of delusioning about her, did that mean Ren could’ve missed her too?! “Was I here yesterday?” she asked him.

Ren raised an eyebrow. “You’re asking me whether you were here yesterday?” he asked, a bit shocked.

Em nodded. “Yeah! My good ol’ confident, y and feisty self!”

Aron bit back a snicker. Ren stared down at her. “Then, no. That self of yours wasn't here yesterday.”

Her smug grin quickly turned into a frown. “... Oh.”

So he hadn’t missed her like everyone else… Well, it’s not like she was surprised at that or anything.

“Baekho’s asking about his math homework. And his English homework… And his history one as well.”

Em laughed sheepishly and handed a folder of papers to Ren. “Whoops!”

He sighed and accepted the folder. “... Of course.”

“Tell him to make his writing neater next time. It was a total pain to copy,” Em said with a sigh.

Ren resisted the urge to sigh again. He was doing that too much lately at the girl’s behavior. “... At least do your own.”

“I would… but Aron’s too much of a nerd so he ended up in different classes than me.”

“I said your own- Nevermind,” Ren said, giving up. He glanced at Aron who was just smiling sheepishly at him. “You let her copy?”

If you can’t tame the dog, tell the owner to, right?

“I can’t say no to her!” he said. “Can you say no to a face like that?” he said, pointing at Em… who was glaring at him.

Ren nodded. “Easily.” Giving up on the equally pathetic owner, he turned to Em again. “Do your own work next time.” Before she could object, he quickly added, “... Understand, Eun Mi?”

Her whole face flushed. “Of course!”

“You, devious guy, you,” Aron said with narrowed eyes.

Ren just shrugged and raised up his hand in dismissal as he left the two.

“You give in to him so easily,” he said with a sigh. “I’m sure you’d have more friends if you’re nice to everyone like you are to him.”

Em shrugged. “Too much effort - and other people aren’t worth it. Besides, you’re enough of a friend for me.”

Aron’s jaw dropped. “What?”

“Have you gone deaf?” she said with a roll of eyes.

“No- I mean… Can you say that again?”

“... Have you gone deaf?”

“Before that!”

“What? The whole other people aren’t worth my time and effort?”

“After that!”

Em frowned and knitted her brows together, trying to recall. “... Forgot what I said. Deal with it.”

“... I give up!” Aron wailed, raising up his hands in defeat.


“You mean I’m going to miss my second day of school to help Mom and Leo move?... Okay, then!”

Today Yun Hee ended up missing her second day of school due to much needed help with moving her mother and brother to their new house in Seoul. They figured it would be alright, and Yun Hee had no complaints either. Everyone knew she didn't really like school to begin with. Despite her friendly positive attitude while at school, she secretly wishes she could be home schooled.

Back at her other school in Busan, majority of the school liked her, but there was still a small handful that didn't, and those were the bullies. She never had to deal with them on a daily basis... though one encounter was always enough to knock her down.

Being the kind innocent girl, bullying would obviously get to her at some point. She doesn't hesitate to call herself weak when it comes to the bullies, she believes she doesn't have the strength to stand up to them nor ignore their hurtful words. You could say she's pretty sensitive and not thick skinned. It was clear from yesterday how she pretty much cried when Em's bullies were insulting her, even though she knew the insults weren't for her in the first place!

Not having to go into Pledis High to be falsely accused as Em today really appealed to Yun Hee. She was still trying to process and recover from yesterday's events. She thinks the only highlight of her day was meeting the friends of Em. Aron seemed nice, as well as Minhyun. She was still iffy on Ren, the guy who doesn't hesitate to throw his textbooks at people who annoy him. She didn't get to talk much to Baekho or JR, but from what Aron explained to her during 6th period... they're pretty nice and chill people.

They'll probably be the only reason I'd wanna go to that school, since they're such an interesting group of guys... she thought to herself as she stared out the window of the car. She, along with her parents and older brother Leo, we're currently on their way back to Seoul. Their big u-haul truck following behind them while they drove. They had spent all morning as well as half of the afternoon loading any and everything into the moving truck, everyone was pretty exhausted by now.

"Yun Hee...?" Her older brother asked quietly, both seated in the back seat together while their father drove and mother was napping in the passenger seat.

"Hmm?" Yun Hee looked over to him, eye's showing how fatigued she was.

"How was your first day of school yesterday?" He shifted so he was sitting sideways in his seat, facing her.

Jung Taekwoon a.k.a Leo, an athletic 20 year old who adores his family, as well as animals, kids, girlfriend Yoo Hana and food. 3 years older than Yun Hee, he's always been the kind and caring over protective brother to her. To some, he's pretty quiet and reserved, doesn't open up to others that often besides family and close people. Has a cool chic appearance to most while Yun Hee just views him as a giant teddy bear who likes hugs from his little sister.

"Eugh, school." She sighed, bringing her palm to her forehead.

"I don't like the sound of that... what happened?" He sounded a little concerned.

"It's all such a long and strange story, but to make it short, everyone mistook me for someone else when I got there..."

"They mistook you as someone else? How?" Leo seemed confused hearing his sister's words.

"I didn't understand that either, but one student noticed I wasn't who everyone thought I was. Some girl has the same face as me apparently." She looked at him with a look of unease. "He said our faces look identical, that would only explain why everyone was mistaking me as the girl named Em who currently attends school there."

"How interesting... and strange." Leo thought to himself while stealing a glance at his father who currently started giving off a suspicious vibe once Yun Hee explained what happened at school.

"I'm not sure what's going to happen when we both are in the same room finally... from what I've heard, Em isn't really nice to people." She bit her lip, not wanting to picture it at the moment.

"I'm sure you'll be fine." He reassured her with a small smile. "But if she tries to do anything to you, you let me know right away, alright?" He then had his serious face on.

"Alright, thanks." She nodded, finding a little comfort in those words. I would hope this Em and I could get along without problems…

Arriving to their new home in Seoul, everyone stood before before the opened u-haul with looks of agony. They could already feel the sore muscles kicking in from earlier…

“Do we have to move everything right now?” Tired Yun Hee asked with a long exhausted sigh.

“Maybe not everything, just the most important things for now.” Her mother mimicked her daughter’s expression. With that, they moved in all the important items while saving the less important items for later.

“I’m hungry…” Leo complained with a sigh as he fell back onto the couch.

“Aish, with all that moving, we didn’t buy anything for the fridge…” His father shook his head at his carelessness. “Here, there’s a convenience store just 2 blocks from here, go get something to tide you over until we can get something later.” He pulled out his wallet, handing his son whatever he had in there. $40. “Eat well!” He smiled before leaving up to the the bedroom to check on his aching wife.

“I’m suppose to go eat junk food now?” Leo stared at the money for a moment. “If only it wasn’t so far away…” A pout came to his lips.

“Eugh, I’m so hungry, where’s mom?” Yun Hee walked into the room complaining while holding onto her stomach, she stopped next to the couch where her brother lied.

“Here,” he held up the money to her, “run to the convenience store and get us some snacks.”

“Wah? Why me? Where did you get this money?” She took it from him with a look of confusion.

“Dad gave it to me to go get snacks… but I’m too sore to go get them.” He frowned.

“Aw, I know you and dad had the heavier loads since mom and I have noodle arms… I’ll go get them for you then.” She smiled shoving the money into her pocket.

“Thank you, ah you’re the best little sister a brother could have.” He gave a tired smile, patting her arm.

“You’re welcome, just rest for now! I’ll be back shortly.” She took his hand into hers and patted the back of it. Then she was gone. Hearing her story about school really makes me wonder… is she really my sister? Leo couldn’t help but have that worrisome thought the moment she left.


Skipping into the convenience store, she ran into two familiar faces instantly.

“I’m sorry! Don’t hit me!” Minhyun said, quickly raising up his hands in a defensive position.

“Uh?” Yun Hee just looked at him lost.

Aron laughed at his friend’s behavior. “This is the Em from yesterday,” Aron said, nudging him before taking a few steps over to Yun Hee. “It’s you! I almost thought you weren’t real when you didn’t show up to class!”

“You mean this is the nice Em that doesn’t hit like a black belt?” Minhyun asked with a smile growing on his face.

“Yeah! Let’s call her Emmie - sounds more cute, right?” Aron suggested.

Yun Hee frowned. “... I’d prefer if you used my name.”

Aron frowned. “Aw~! Then there’d be no fun if they knew you weren’t Em!”

“That is what we’re trying to do, right?” she asked him with a frown, confused.

Was his help yesterday just a ruse? Did he enjoy this? Was this entertaining for him? His grin told her yes.

She turned to Minhyun instead, now giving up on Aron. “My real name is Yun Hee. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you yesterday.”... Wait. She did. No one believed her though. Why was she apologizing again?!

She suddenly gasped when Minhyun stepped over and scooped Yun Hee up into a tight hug. “No wonder you were so different! Oh, Em was so mean and cold to me! I missed you so much, Yun Hee!” He was being melodramatic.

“I’m sorry,” She frowned. Why would Em be so mean to people…?

“Where were you? Em came to school today, that could have been your chance to clear everything up!” Aron pointed out, “I even went to the trouble of using Ren’s phone to get her to come to school, too!” He recalled his pissed off friend… his sacrifice was for naught.

“I’m sorry, after what happened yesterday in the school… I wasn’t really too eager to go back… besides, I didn’t know you’d get her to come either…” Yun Hee looked at him over her shoulder, she was still caught up in Minhyun’s embrace.

“Minhyun, you can let her go now.”

“No! I don’t want to!” He replied childishly with a small laugh.

“I’m fine, don’t worry.” Yun Hee joined his laughter, again, she was used to this kind of skinship. “Anyway, I’ll be sure to come in tomorrow…” She added shortly after.

“I can’t guarantee Em will come to school then.” Aron sighed, wondering just how tomorrow would play out.

“That’s fine, you said the principal would be back tomorrow anyways.” She reminded him as Minhyun finally let her go from the long embrace.

“That’s right. Well, fingers crossed everything will go smoothly for you. So, where were you? You didn’t miss school solely because of yesterday’s encounters did you?” He asked sounding slightly disappointed. He was looking forward to the moment when both Em and Yun Hee were in the same room.

“My parents had me take the day off to help move the rest of our stuff from Busan.” She explained with a not so excited expression.

“Wow, your parents are cool. Mine won’t let me miss school for such a thing.” Aron shook his head. “Even if I suffered from poison and needed intubation, if I can still breath, go to school!”

“You’re just exaggerating to sound cool,” Minhyun added.

Yun Hee giggled at that. “... Thinking about it now, I hope I can make it to school. Not sure if I’ll be able to walk tomorrow from all the moving this morning.”

“You have to come to school! Please!?” Minhyun begged, shaking her by her shoulders, “Everything is much more peaceful with you around.”

“She was only there for one day, don’t be ridiculous.” Aron hit him upside the head. He didn’t want to admit that Minhyun was right. Just one day and you could clearly see the effect she had on the class compared to Em. It’s not like he disliked Yun Hee… he just didn’t like how everyone was so easily forgetting Em. “He can be a handful sometimes, just ignore him.”

“I’ll do my best to make it to school tomorrow, Minhyun.” She smiled at him, totally ignoring what Aron said.

“Hey, you’re not supposed to ignore me!” He complained while Minhyun just beamed with happiness seeing Yun Hee only paying attention to him.

“Anywho, I came to get my older brother some snacks, so I should buy them and head back before he comes looking for me. It was nice running into you two, I’ll see you at school!” She gave a sweet smile before heading off to search for her brother’s favorite snacks.

“I like her. Why can’t Em be more like her…?” Minhyun pouted as he and Aron left the store. “Double the cuteness.”

Aron just shrugged and placed his hands behind his head. “I don’t know… I like Em better - she’s more fun. And Em’s a different kind of cute!”

Minhyun laughed. “My Em’s better than your Em!”

“My Em is original!”

“Mine’s new and improved!”

“We should totally get them, like a whole buy 1 take 1 kind of thing. One Sugar Free and the other with Extra Sugar,” Aron said with a laugh.

Minhyun agreed. He recalled Yun Hee’s reaction towards their blonde friend though, and also Em’s general behavior towards him.

“... Shame they’re both already bought,” he mused aloud.

“What?” Aron asked with a frown.

Minhyun laughed and placed an arm around Aron’s shoulder. “Nothing~”

 


Yun hee was almost late coming to school this morning due to sore muscles from all the moving she did yesterday. Luckily she wasn't aching too badly after downing some painkillers and ran all the way to Pledis High in time. She made it with 2 minutes to spare. Is Em going to be here today? She wondered, about to enter the classroom. Oh right, I should have my transfer papers handy for the teacher.

Entering the class, all eyes were on her again just like her first day.

"Again?" Some students sighed, sounding rather annoyed by her presence. Excuse you! Sheesh, I already wanna go home now!

"Em!" Suddenly she heard the familiar voice of Aron calling out to her. She looked over to see him waving to her, an annoyed Ren sitting beside him like usual.

"I'm not Em, I'm Yun Hee!" She pouted, making her way over to his desk.

"Oh please, we're really going to play this game again?" Ren clicked his tongue giving her a cold stare.

"You don't have to play, no one asked you to either blondie!" Yun Hee accidentally shouted her thought. Getting mistaken as someone else two days in a row could be frustrating enough to have Yun Hee, who never raises her voice at anyone, blow up. When he looked at her a little surprised at the sudden outburst, she gasped before covering . "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say that out loud!" She bowed a few times.

Aron laughed at Ren's confused face as well as Yun Hee apologizing to him excessively, showing a ton of regret for her words she shouted at him.

Before anyone could say anything, the bell rang along with their teacher entering the classroom seconds later. He noticed Yun Hee, addressing her as Ms. Seoh again which had her frowning. No! I'm not gonna be Em again today!

"Mr. Kim, I really don't want to disrupt your class this early in the morning-" groans were heard all around the room followed by glares, she ignored it and continued talking. "Again, I'm not Ms. Seoh, my name is Jung Yun Hee. I'm a transfer student from Bu-"

"Give it a rest already, Em!" Others complained.

"Excuse me, I was talking. Please refrain from interrupting me. Thank you." Yun Hee was getting frustrated again.

"I think that's quite enough, Ms. Seoh. Please take your seat..." their teacher warned with a stern look.

"But!" Yun Hee was about to protest.

"Take a seat, Ms. Seoh." He repeated.

"Just take your seat quickly before he gets angry!" a classmate whispered her way. She finally sat down, figuring she shouldn't anger everyone again like before. She let out a frustrated sigh. If this keeps up, I'm switching schools!

Only a few minutes later did the classroom door open, interrupting Mr. Kim's lesson. All eyes darted over to the female student and instantly recognized her. Now came the serious confusion as Seoh Eun Mi stood at the front of the classroom, eyes locked on Jung Yun Hee who was sitting in her seat.

"What the hell is this?" Em sounded surprised yet annoyed someone else was sitting in her seat.

"Ms. Seoh! Didn't I just finish telling you-" Mr. Kim paused when he noticed Eun Mi standing near his desk and who he thought was Eun Mi sitting in her desk.

"What's going on? There's two Ems?" Everyone began whispering to each other. Ren was in shock, now seeing the two of them in the same room. This explained everything now. Aron’s jaw dropped, despite knowing Yun Hee wasn’t really Em, it was still shocking to see the two identical faces standing in the same room. This was reality now.

"Believe me now? I'm not Ms. Seoh!" Yun Hee finally spoke up, getting over the shock quicker than the others. She got up and made her way to the front of the class with her transfer papers. "I'm Jung Yun Hee, a transfer student from Busan." She faced the class who were still in obvious shock. She then turned to Em who was staring at her. Wow! It's like looking into a mirror! Despite the glasses and hair tied back though…

Eun Mi stared at Yun Hee for a second before sighing. “Oh God, don’t tell me my dad’s been sleeping around. He already had my mom, but did he go for her sister too? Men can’t seem to control their peni-”

“Ms. Seoh,” their teacher warned.

“I’m sorry!” Yun Hee bowed to their teacher.

“Why are you sorry?” He seemed taken aback.

“I heard Em isn’t very nice, so I will apologize on her behalf!” She bowed again.

“What?! Who said you could do that!?” Em exclaimed in annoyance.

“Well I do have your face, don’t I?” Yun Hee gave a light smile, she held her hair back and turned to their teacher once again. “I’m sorry Mr. Kim for the inappropriate word I(Em) just tried to speak…”

“What?!” Em shouted. The class broke into laughter, amused by the situation, seeing someone anger the all mighty Em was entertaining to them…

But you don’t anger a delinquent without getting any repercussions.

Em suddenly laughed alongside her classmates, which caused them to stop. “I wasn’t acting very nice? Inappropriate word? And you’re even apologizing for me?” Em walked over to Yun Hee. She roughly grabbed the girl by the collar. “So you think you’re some superior being that can judge my actions and even take responsibility for them? Oh, hail the almighty goody two shoes!”

“Ms. Seoh! Let her go!” Mr. Kim warned, taking a step toward the two small girls.

Em let go, roughly pushing Yun Hee in the process. “Just because we have the same face, don’t think you can act so freely around me,” she hissed out.

The class went quiet. Em’s personality towards Ren and Aron were somewhat amiable, but when it came to her enemies, her true colors showed… and the new student had clearly pissed her off.

“I heard a lot about you from when I was here the other day, and I’ll just say, don’t think you can treat me the same way you treat everyone else…”

Em rose an eyebrow. “... Um, I just did. Why are you anything special? Other than your gorgeous face, of course.” Aron and Ren resisted the urge to sigh at that last comment.

“I’ll let it slide just this time since we just met then, okie dokie?” Yun Hee said with a smile.

Em gave an equally big smile back and patted her look-a-like on the shoulder. “Okie dokie! Like I give a damn!”

“You probably should, just a fair warning…”

She smirked. “You think I’d be afraid of someone that looks just like me?”

“I would hope not, then you wouldn’t be the almighty Em anymore, now would you?”

“Got that right!” Em said with a glare. “I mean, I look in the mirror everyday - who’s scared of their reflection?!”

Aron facepalmed… His friend’s coolness really only lasted for a few retorts. What he did find surprising though was how the quiet and kind Yun Hee was talking back-

“I know right, that’d be ridiculous!” Yun Hee laughs.

He groaned. They were both idiots.

“Shut up! You’re not suppose to be changing the situation here! I’m insulting you, not befriending you!”

Yun Hee frowned. “But you started it!”

“And I shall end it!” the teacher finally chimed in.

This was going to be interesting day with the look-alikes.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
* ✄  END CHAPTER T W O 

 Preview:  Chapter 3 

“Come to think of it, I don’t quite look like my father... Do you really think your dad slept around?”
“Yeah, totally. The bastard.”
“... Did you just call your dad a bastard?”

“I’d be more pissed if Hun Yee was the one that initiated contact with Ren.

“She hugged him on the day you were absent… He blushed like a total girl.”

DIE!

 

“You made her cry!”

“I make a lot of people cry... Seeing your face just really pissed me off.”

 
“What if… you’re not my brother, Leo? What if Em’s parents are really my parents?”
What if my whole life has been a lie?