Chapter Six (Part 1)

It's Gonna Be Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:  Please forgive me (90 degree bow) for not updating this sooner.  My PC is having a tantrum and my life is in chaos the past few months that I wasn't able to sit down and relax and do this.  I don't know if I can still continue this because it seems like the story is going nowhere.  I don't have the motivation and the inspiration right now, but at the same time I don't want to leave you my dear subscribers hanging in this story.  I will try to update and finish this as soon as possible.  Wish me luck in this endeavor.

This is a two-part chapter.  I will try to update the 2nd part ASAP, but i can't promise exactly when.

Thank you for understanding (90 degree bow again).

<3  If you have forgotten about this story, just read again the previous chaps to refresh your memory.

Legends:

Purple - Seohyun's thoughts

Red - Seohyun's text message

Blue - Yonghwa's text message

Green - Yonghwa's thoughts

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

CHAPTER SIX

Seo Joo hyun, pabo!  Knocking her head with her hands until she feels she has made a dent in her temple, she feels that she has made a very bad move by texting Yonghwa and asking for a date.  If she could only take back what she had sent then she would not be having a dilemma at this very moment. 

You’re such a coward.  Admit it.  You are a lost case when it comes to him.

I am not! She battles with her inner self. 

Then be brave enough to go to Busan and admit to him how you are feeling – Your fears, insecurities – at least be honest with him about your feelings.  For all you know, he is the answer to your fervent prayers.

 I can’t.  I’m scared it will not go my way.  She huffs and puffs trying to gain her confidence back even though her feelings are in a turmoil. 

She closed her fist in a fighting mode and giving herself a pep talk that she can do it.  She just hopes that Yonghwa answers her text message and get her out of this misery N-O-W.

Meanwhile, in Busan, Yonghwa is having his late dinner again due to work when he received a message from Seohyun.  He read the message twice before he understood what she means in her message.  He cannot believe what he’s reading and a slow grin appears in his face.  He mentally envisions his office calendar and wonders if he has a free schedule, but winces when he recalls that is on duty that day.  The smile was replaced with a pout when he remembers that he is in charge of yet again another presentation with the upper management that day. 

Why of all days it has to fall on a Saturday?  Why can’t it be scheduled during the weekday?  What about my life?  Don’t they know I need to have a life too outside of the four walls of this company? He asked himself, mentally composing a reply to Seohyun in a way that she will not be hurt or discouraged because he has work that day. 

Annyeong! How are you?  I miss you already…I really want to see you soon, but I can’t come to Seoul this week or even the week after.  Actually, I’m swamped with work until the end of the month and I need to be in the office even on weekends.  Oh, my life couldn’t be any sadder than this L right?  You’re the only bright light in this dark tunnel I’m treading.  I have an idea… Why don’t you come here in Busan instead?  I promise I’ll behave…kekeke

He’s crossing his fingers hoping to the gods of hope that she will respond positively to his suggestion, not that he has any malicious intent as to why he invited her instead, but he just really wants to see her…and if she accepts his invitation then he would take it as a sign that he has a shot in making her his girl.

Pacing back and forth, Seohyun is chewing her nails until it bleeds (a habit that only surfaces when she is extremely anxious) waiting for the reply from the person who means a lot to her nowadays.  Finally, her phone beeps signaling an incoming message.  She hastily opened it to reveal a message from Yonghwa.   She read the message and was saddened that he can’t come to Seoul due to work.  Her anxiety crops up again knowing that he can’t come when she is SO ready to take it to the next level. 

Maybe he is not interested in me anymore.  I took a long time in giving an answer.  Seohyun thought.

Maybe he really didn’t like me and is just toying with me until he finds his Ms. Perfect.  Slowly, her confidence is getting low and insecurities starts to creep in.

Oh! I can’t think anymore.  I don’t wanna think anymore.  Please, Dear God, help me!  I need your guidance in this chapter of my life, pleads Seohyun to the Creator as she fights for her insecurities. 

She is reading too much in between the lines.  So, she reads it again, this time slowly and casting away all negative thoughts.  He says he wants to see me…see me?  Does he miss me like the way I miss him too? T-T . 

Scrolling down the message she comes to the part - - Why don’t you come here in Busan?

Wait??? He’s inviting me to come to Busan? Why didn’t I read this the first time?

Pabo, girl!  You didn’t read until the end.  You just read the first line and didn’t finish reading everything.  Knocking her head to gain some sense in her. 

He is inviting me to Busan…Phuahahaha....Yes!  Plunging herself in her fluffy bed and putting her feet up giddily while screaming at the top of her lungs, but with pillow on top of it, so that her omma won’t hear her screaming and barge in her room thinking that she has gotten demented. 

After the adrenaline rush subsided, she pushed herself up and started worrying again whether or not to accept the invitation.  She made a quick call to her best friend to ask.

“Yes, bestie??? What is it this time?” Hyoyeon knows her best friend very well even with just the silence on the other line.

“Hyo unnie…”  Seohyun went on to share with her best friend what she did and how Yonghwa replied to her message.  Now, she wants her best friend’s say in this matter.

“You know what??? Trust him…if he says nothing harm will come to you then believe him.  Because if he does, I will hunt him to the ends of the world and will kill him with my bare hands just so you can get even.” Hyoyeon states very seriously.  The things she would do for Seohyun just to see her not cry anymore because she is hurt again for the nth time.

“The thing here is, Joo Hyun-ah, it’s just a change of venue.  Either place, Seoul or Busan, it’s still up to you whether to take the plunge.  He is just waiting for you to be ready.  He just gave you the ball.  Now, it’s your turn to keep it rolling.”

Taking a deep breath and with the clouds of doubts casted away, Seohyun softly murmured “algaesumnida.”  She thanked her unnie for listening to her constant blabbing and for not giving up on her before she bid her goodnight.

Thinking what her unnie said, she resolved her problem by asking herself for the nth time whether she is sure of her decision or not.  No answer came up except for a big YES.  She opened his message again and this time typed a message.

Yo~ng , I would love to  go to Busan, but you got to promise me that no harm will come to me while I’m there and that you would take the time to come with me to places I want to visit while I’m there.  Arraseo? :-)

Sent. 

She went to prepare herself for bed.  While brushing her teeth, she heard her phone beep, so she went back to her bed to pick it up and read the message going back to the bathroom to rinse .

Hy~un, I promise you, I’m harmless (hands up!).  Not even a mosquito will I let take a bite of your flawless skin.  When are you planning to come? Can’t wait for you to come here. ;-)

Sent.

Aren’t I being too overeager to see her?  Grinning from ear to ear as if his lips are about to split in two. Yonghwa thought while his head is spinning to think of ways to confess to her and make her his girlfriend before she goes back to Seoul.

Beep.

             Soon…

            Like when???Tomorrow?

Beep.

Seohyun reads the message and sent a message again.

          Say in two weeks?  Will that give you ample time to prepare for my visit?

Seohyun replied while pirouetting to her bed as if she is a prima ballerina.  She cannot contain her happiness and giddiness to their exchange of SMS.  She knew that the time has come for her to come out of her shell again.  It has been a while since she has felt this kind of emotion.  She cannot wait for the two weeks to arrive.  She is eager to know whether this will work or not.  If only she could pull the days fast so that she can go to Busan now and see his face.  It haunts her in her dreams.  She hopes to God that he’s the one.  She has been praying for her perfect match for about two years now, asking, requesting and pleading God to give him at HIS perfect timing.  She has been very specific in her request down to the qualities of the person she is asking, not so much of the outside appearance, but she wouldn’t mind if he looks like Johnny Depp.

They both thought that the days are slow to come when you are waiting for something or in their case someone to come, but time flies by when you are with this person.  They cannot wait for D-Day to come when she visits Busan.  They both agreed that she will take the midnight train on Friday so that early Saturday morning she is at Busan already and not waste Saturday traveling.  Yong will pick her up at the station and they will go to his apartment first.  Hyun will take a nap there while he goes to the office to present and will pick her up again for lunch.  Hyun’s plan after they eat is to go to Haeundae Beach, to feed seagulls and to Busan Tower where in the fences are adorned with love padlocks and to see the awesome panoramic view of the city.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

She feels she needs to be honest with her Omma so she told her that she will go to Busan to visit Yonghwa to gauge their feelings for each other.  She told her that she is ready to take it to the next level.  She is reminded by her omma to be careful and to be sure of her decision.  Seohyun promised and told her mom that she would take the Saturday’s last train trip going back to Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter