Chapter One

It's Gonna Be Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At last, she picked up the last piece.  While picking the last piece of her broken heart, she poignantly recalls what happened to their relationship.  Mentally shaking herself, she let herself out of her reverie and stands up.  It has been her habit to constantly utter a mantra ~ “The past is past, it will never come back.  Today is different and tomorrow is another day.  Fighting Seohyun-ah!”

It has been three years since her heart was shattered, and only now is she able to pick all the pieces up.  Her last relationship failed ~ again.  She was so broken that it was hard for her to move on, to let go.  Her friends have come and helped her, setting her up with different dates with their male friends and office colleagues, but nothing came out if.  She couldn’t bring herself to get into another relationship thinking that it won’t work again and that the guy would find someone better.  But today she has decided to finally move on – to look forward and to just enjoy her single blessedness.  She will not look back and dwell on her past.  She will enjoy her life and her work.

Slowly getting out of her bed, she went to the bathroom to take a bath and prepare herself for work.  She has been working as a college counselor and really enjoys her work.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

He is still working.  He has been in the office for more than 12 hours, 15 hours to be exact, and still has no desire to leave his table.  His friend has been bugging him to get up and have dinner with him and he just grunts and said that he will just follow ~ that he will just finish what he is doing then will catch up with him in the cafeteria.  His back was hunched and his neck is developing a stiff neck already, but he is still poring over some papers.

After some time, “Yes!  Finally, it’s done!” he states while massaging his sore neck.  His stomach grumbled and he looked at the wall clock noticing that it was past 10 PM already.  He has not had his dinner yet and it has been some time since he had lunch and he cannot exactly remember what time did his friend called him for dinner.  Standing up and stretching, he sauntered towards the cafeteria hoping that there is food worth eating.

After having his stomach filled, he decided to go home and as he was walking out of the office he felt the breeze and the coldness of the air.  The moon is full and the sky is illuminated with stars.  He asked himself when was the last time he went home early.  The last time he just enjoyed his day was --- he can’t remember anymore.  All he can remember was him working, working and working.  The only pleasurable activity he gives himself is reading and watching travel documentaries, because for him that’s the only way to go places.  He has no time – he constantly says that to himself - that he has no free time.  He cannot have a vacation because there is too many work that needs to be done and he doesn’t know when he will finish it.  He cannot even remember his last relationship.  It was ages ago.  He gets attracted to girls ~ that’s a given fact, after all he is a normal hot-blooded namja, but for him it will just be unfair to the girl for he has no time for relationships.  He is very career driven.  Falling down in his bed due to tiredness, staring at the ceiling, he allowed himself to consider having a girlfriend so that he can have someone to talk to, somebody to look forward seeing and spending time with and not just work.  He decided then that he needs to give this “relationship” a try.  He thought that there is no harm in trying.  With that resolution, he fell into a deep slumber.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seohyun checked her schedule for the day.  She saw that it was not quite full, so she will have a lag time and decided that she will use that to go to the library to borrow some books.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

“Come in” she quips.

The door gently opens, revealing a petite girl.

“Hi, Miss S” greets the student.

She looked up and smiled when she saw her student and asked her to come in and to close the door. 

 “Hi, Juniel.  What can I do for you?” Seohyun inquired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter