Chapter Four

It's Gonna Be Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She read the message.  Unknown number. 

“Hi Seohyun, it’s me, Minho.  I got your number from a common friend.  Would it be possible to meet with you tonight?  I really, really need your help.  I have a huge problem.  Jebal?”

Seeing at the word PROBLEM and HELP, her counselor mode kicked in.  So, she replied to the message.

“Sure.  But I’m not home right now and will be back around 7 or 8-ish.  I’ll let you know when you can come, okay?”

“No problem.  I will be waiting for you at a friend’s house near yours.”

She did not reply anymore to the message.  She wondered why all of a sudden Minho contacted her.  What could be his problem that he asked her to help him when she knew for a fact that all their “friends” when they were still together sided with him when they broke up and can help him anytime for whatever problem he might have.  Sensing his inattention to the movie, Yonghwa asked her, “Problem?”  Seohyun looked at him and shook her head, “Aniyo.”  They continued watching until the movie ended.  They went out and headed to another bookstore they found and browsed.  Looking for an interesting read, Seohyun traversed the rows of books until she finds herself in the Bestseller Section.  There she read the recommended books and found out that the book she was looking earlier is a bestseller.  She picked it up and started to read it and found it interesting.  Yonghwa walked up behind her and peeked at what is it that captured her attention and not notice that he was behind her.  “Do you want that book?” he asked.  Surprised that he was behind her, Seohyun turned and said, “Aniyo, just looking.”  She put the book back and walked away from the aisle and went to the self-help genre, but her attention was grabbed by the autobiography of Ban Ki Moon so she went over there and takes a look at it.  She decided to buy the book of Ban Ki Moon.  Near the cashier, she saw Yonghwa paying for the books that he bought.  She noticed that he had two books wrapped separately.  She went up to him and asked if he is done and he nodded and moved slightly so she can pay also.  He noticed that she is buying Ban Ki Moon’s book and asked her if she likes him and told him that she does and is interested in his life, of how he became as such.   As they were walking out of the bookstore, Yonghwa grabbed the wrapped book she bought and carried it together with the books he bought.  They were walking around the mall and talking while eating ice cream.  Admittedly, they were having a good time that they did not notice the time.  When they went out, the night has fallen and both are aware of the time running out on them.  Yonghwa, being the gentleman offered to walk Seohyun to the bus stop and waited for the bus to arrive and see her off.  He is smiling when he walked away from the bus stop.  He feels lighthearted.  He likes her, really like her.  Overall, the blind date is a success in his opinion and he would like to see her again.  With that in mind, he went off to see some of his other friends.  He wanted to maximize his time in Seoul catching up with old friends for he knows it will be some time before he can see them again.

XXXXXX

“Omma, I’m home.”

“Alright.  Go and change your clothes.  We’ll be eating in a while,”   she heard her mother said from the kitchen.  “Oh, by the way, Minho called and was looking for you but I told him you were out and will be back late.  He asked me if he could come by tonight.  Did you by any chance get back together with him and you’re not telling me about it?”

“Aniyo, Omma.  We didn’t get back together.  Actually, he messaged me this afternoon asking to see me.  He said he has a problem, so I guess there’s no harm in seeing him.  I told him to see me here.  I wouldn’t meet him anywhere else anyway,” Seohyun states while walking to her room.

After she changed to her casual clothes, she helped her mother serve dinner.  They randomly talk about school, trivial things and work.   They were laughing and enjoying the dinner.  They clean up the table and she washes the dishes while waiting for Minho.

She went up to her room to check her phone when she noticed the bag from the bookstore.  She picked it up and saw the book that Yonghwa bought for her.  When she took it out, her lips curved into a smile.  It was the book that she was looking at, the one where the main character jots to her journal all the essential things a bride should have and do to have a perfect wedding.  She took a pen and opened the book to put a date in it and to whom it came from. 

She started reading it and was so engrossed with it that she didn’t hear her mother knock at her door.  She was startled when her mom was standing in front of her and clapping her hands to get her attention.

“Oh, Omma! You startled me.”

“Joo Hyun-ah, I’ve been knocking at your door and calling your name for quite some time.  What are you reading that you zoned out?”

“It’s a book given to me.  It’s funny and fast-paced that I didn’t know you are standing before me,” she started.    “But why are you here, omma?  You need something? Anything?”

“Ani.  I’m here to tell you that Minho is already here.  He’s outside and doesn’t want to come in.  He said he’ll wait for you outside.” 

“Okay, mom. I’ll see him in a while.  I’ll just fix myself.”

“Keure.  Just don’t stay out too long, dear.”

Seohyun fixed her hair and clothes before going out of her room.  She went out to see Minho and asked him to come inside, but the latter refused saying that he prefers to talk outside.  So, she led him to a bench inside their porch and waited for him to initiate the conversation.  She looks at him and feels that he is composin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter