Coming out of the closet

The EXO Alternative post

A/N: I'm supposed to pack for my trip to Germany tomorrow but guess what I'm doing instead. Procrastinating like a pro

thanks to those who are reading by the way! I love you n.n

 


 

The following day, Minseok awoke in a very uncomfortable position. He was pretty sure he wasn’t in his bed (or even in his room), because where he now woke up was small, stuffy, uncomfortable, not to mention that someone was sleeping atop of him. He tried to stretch his arms out, as he found himself propped up against the wall. Realizing it wasn’t working, he sighed. He was so going to have neck pains all day long.

About then, from outside of wherever he now was, a loud voice was shouting insults at someone Minseok couldn’t hear. He knew the voice well, because it was the same he heard screaming at people every day anyways. Jongdae. But why would he scream so loud in the morning?

“Uuugh,” the someone lying atop of him groaned. “Why are people so loud when I'm trying to sleep?”

It was about then, he realized why Jongdae was there, why he was here and why Luhan was curled up beside him, also here. He had locked himself and Luhan in the storage closet, but forgot to go home again, dozing off with Luhan cuddling up to him. Goddamnit, not again!

“Luhan, we’re at work. Shh,” Minseok said, trying to keep the fact that they once again had slept in the storage closet a secret by shutting Luhan up. People always misinterpreted why they came out of there, and no matter how many times Minseok explained they still wouldn’t listen.

Luhan was silent for a short time, before he groaned even louder. “We slept in the closet again, didn’t we?”

“Well, kind of,”

“Can’t I just move in with you already, and then we can use other places than the storage closet to sleep,”

“No way. Are you really taking that thing now?” No matter the situation or time, Luhan would always try to convince Minseok they should just live together already. And Minseok always refused, even though the younger had pretty much moved in. He had sets of spare clothes and his own blanket and pillow. But they only thing about Luhan Minseok couldn’t deal with yet, was his mess.

Luhan sighed. “You’re so stubborn!”

“Well, if you were any less messy I’d be more than happy to let you in,”

Luhan tried to phrase a counter-attack, but after a few seconds passed he realized he had let his chance slip away and made a sound of frustration.

Minseok quickly put a hand in front of his mouth, shutting him up. “SHH!” he said intently. “What if Jongdae stops fighting with the customers and hears us?”

Luhan’s eyes widened as he shut up instantly. If they could just find a way to sneak out without anyone noticing…

“Hey,” Minseok said in a low voice. “I go out first, and then, a couple of minutes later, you go out. Okay?” he explained his plan to Luhan, who nodded. They both tried to stand up in the little closet without making a lot of noise, which they later realized was inevitable.

They looked at each other as Minseok tried to straighten his clothes a little bit and hoped the others wouldn’t notice he was wearing the same clothes as yesterday, his hand on the doorknob. He mouthed a countdown from five, but just as he reached zero –

 

Someone opened the door from the outside, making both of them stumble out and onto the floor in a pile.

Plan failed.

 

Jongdae, who had been fighting the customers just minutes ago, had finally won and could proudly put the phone down with a smirk plastered on his face. However, he had heard some rather questionable noises from the storage closet and went to check it out. He had expected some quite weird things, so Luhan and Minseok falling out wearing yesterday’s clothes wasn’t really a surprise.

He frowned at the two for a second, but then started laughing loudly.

“Ugh,” Luhan muttered as he stood up after falling over Minseok. The latter followed shortly after, brushing off his clothes as if it had never happened. Jongdae was currently throwing a fit where he crouched, almost falling to the floor, and both Minseok and Luhan looked out in the air, pretending they didn’t know why Jongdae was now gasping for air. But after a short while, Minseok turned his head to the laughing dinosaur on the floor. Was it really that fun?

“Hey Jongdae, you can stop laughing now,” Luhan suggested. Minseok could see a well-known look on his face, and he knew what was coming next. Luhan would throw another fit, he would have to lock Luhan in the closet again, and they would end up at the start again. He needed Jongdae to shut up as soon as possible.

“I just… got the best joke… ever!” Jongdae grinned, heaving for air between his words.

Luhan lifted an eyebrow expectantly. If Jongdae could save his situation, he was good.

“You two – literally – came out of the closet!”

Minseok had to throw his arms around Luhan to keep him back, as the younger tried to lunge himself at the hysterically laughing troll.

It was about then, that Joonmyeon came in the door to the office, holding a coffee in his hand and a bag slung over his shoulder. Furring his eyebrows at the doubtful situation unfolding in front of him, he sighed. He came into the office seeing this at least once a week, starring different employees. Some of the regulars were Jongdae of course, but also Baekhyun as the ones pissing the others off. The ones pissed off were usually Kyungsoo, Luhan or Kris.

“Jongdae, what did you do now?” he sighed, walking over. Somewhere along the way, he had gone from being editor-in-chief to peace negotiator.

But Jongdae just wouldn’t stop grinning.

“Hey, Minseok and Luhan came out of the closet!”

“What? But they’ve been gay for ages.”

This made Jongdae laugh even harder, and Minseok, who no one ever seemed to be able to tick off, voluntarily let Luhan loose.

 

When Kris arrived twenty minutes later, he was greeted by an ambulance. When he brought it up to Joonmyeon who sat peacefully behind his desk, the latter just shrugged and muttered something about Jongdae’s bad humour. Also, the hospital bill for the broken bones would probably come on a couple of hundred thousand won, so he had to prepare. Then Kris had a breakdown and decided he was going to send a request to the South Korean Government about revoking the mandatory Health Insurance for employees hurt on duty.

 


 

Jongdae's letters and other customer services are rather doubtful when it comes to werther they actually help or not. And especially in the morning. You can find his letter to the old lady complaining about bingo here.