Jongin's failed hacking

The EXO Alternative post

A/N: How long has it been since I updated? Too long. Anyways, here is the new chapter! Thanks for everyone subscribing! I feel happy that you think all this weirdness is worth reading.

 


 

The following day resumed like normal, except the fact that neither Joonmyeon nor Kris showed up. The latter had apparently caught whatever Joonmyeon had, and now they were both down with a cold. Which meant Kyungsoo was the boss, though he didn’t really act like it.

In the right corner of the room, two desks were propped up against each other. On one side of it the culture-reporter Oh Sehun sat, and on the left the Economics-guy Huang Zitao sat.

“And anyways,” Tao continued his rant as Sehun munched absentmindedly on some bread he had found on Yixing’s desk. “I don’t see why Kris won’t let me buy it! Okay, maybe the sunglasses are two hundred thousand won but they are for research so it should be okay, right? But nooo, he would rather use it on his grandpa-stuff and won’t let be buy them. The worst thing is, he owns a pair of Gentle Monster’s himself. Have you heard about it?!” he could keep on going forever, because Sehun wasn’t listening, and probably not caring either. All he knew was that he would get to write his own stuff today, and he was busy doing his own research eating.

“TAO!” someone suddenly shouted through the room. Obviously not caring to walk the few feet to the desk, Jongin much preferred to just shout instead. Tao quickly shut up his rant and turned around, shouting a “WHAT?!” back.

“THE ICE CREAM TRUCK IS OUTSIDE!”

“WHAT? OH MY GOD!”

“JESUS CHRIST STOP SHOUTING!” Kyungsoo broke in, raising his voice to be heard.

“YOU’RE SHOUTING AS WELL!” Tao furred his eyebrows, putting on his jacket to go get ice cream. If there was something everyone in the office had in common, it was their love for ice cream. Then he ran out of the office before Kyungsoo could reply.

Sehun looked up at Jongin. “The ice cream truck doesn’t come in February you dunce.”

Jongin just shrugged and smirked. “I know,”

 


 

It all started to go wrong when Jongdae found the baseball-bat. Well, by then everyone should have realized it would end bad, but they were too busy wondering who was smart enough to bring a baseball-bat. Or stupid. It all depended on who you asked.

Jongdae with a baseball-bat in itself was bad. But when Baekhyun and Chanyeol joined in, stating they had already written their article? That was even worse. Kyungsoo just disappeared to the bathroom for two minutes. Yes, counted them. And when he came back? All the mess. Chanyeol blamed Jongdae, Jongdae blamed Baekhyun and Baekhyun blamed Chanyeol. Honestly Kyungsoo couldn’t care who did what because at this point he was on the verge of crying. There was a big hole in the window, which was shattered in the middle. Not to mention it was February and goddamn cold. Also, their heater was partially broken and Kris refused to buy a new one.

“You know?” Kyungsoo held his arms up in defeat, closing his eyes before turning around. “I didn’t see this. I wasn’t here. This was all you and I didn’t know about this at all.” Then he walked out of the room, having completely given up on life.

At the same time, Jongin was severely interested in something on Joonmyeon’s desk. He ignored the baseball that flew past him centimetres from his head, as well as the loud shattering that happened right behind him. When Jongin was interested in something, he wasn’t easily distracted.

“Dude,” Yixing furred his eyebrows. “You should at least notice World War III is happening right in front of your eyes. For your own good, I mean,” But Jongin didn’t even hear his comment, and he went back to sleeping on Kris’ Yves Saint Laurent-sweater instead. It was a very comfortable 200 000 won-pillow.

“Hey, what are you even doing?” Sehun leant over Jongin’s shoulder as he kept on hitting the keyboard. He put his hand on Jongin’s shoulder to get his attention, and it obviously worked as the other shook his shoulder to get it off.

“I’m trying to hack this thing! If I get into it, we can print whatever we want without sending it to him first. But I can’t believe I haven’t cracked the code yet!”

“Have you tried ‘ilovekris123’?” Sehun suggested, to which Jongin nodded.

“What about ‘EXO4lyfe’?”

“It’s not working,”

“Okay… ‘WeAreOne1991?’”

“We are one? That’s sounds like a boyband-slogan,”

“At least I’m trying! ‘SehunIsTheBest94’?”

“Now you’re just whishing,” Jongin rolled his eyes. Neither of them was even attempting to find anything anymore, even though they kept on suggesting things.

Sehun sighed. “Doesn’t this have a limit for how many times you can try, anyways?”

Jongin nodded, but then turned his head from where it had been focused on the screen, to Sehun instead. He had a slight smirk playing on his lips, and a mischievous look in his eyes. “I hacked into the HTML-code. Disabled it,” he grinned, visibly proud of himself.

Sehun tilted his head slightly. “I have no idea what a LHMT-code is, but if you can do that, why can’t you change the password in that code-thing as well?”

The pleased look in his eyes slowly faded away as he just sat there, staring at Sehun. When did he become so smart? “Because… anyways that was totally my idea all along,” he said, before turning to the screen again.

Sehun saw him tapping different keys, but it went all too fast for him to understand a thing about what was going on. All he knew was, that there was a reason Jongin was the webmaster and not himself. LGBT-codes his , he had enough writing his own articles.

In the end, the screen went black and lit up with white text in big pixels. Sehun thought it looked like taken out of a 90’s computer, to be honest.

He saw a lot of #, <, >, :, and !-signs but he had no idea what they meant so he decided to ignore them. He had better chances trying to figure out binary codes.

Scrolling for ages, Jongin deleted some text here and put other stuff in there. Sometimes he’d stop up for a while, and then continue as usual. As he highlighted some stuff Sehun got tired of waiting.

“Hey, how do you do that?” he asked, reaching for the keyboard. Jongin could easily have prevented the incoming attack, but now he was too focused on the WTAF-code or whatever. Sehun clicked the ‘space’-key, which made all the highlighted text disappear. Which was a lot. Realizing he had done something wrong he tried to clear his mistake by pushing the back-button but he ended up picking the wrong one and hit the backspace-key instead.

Jongin quickly turned his head to him. “SEHUN!” he exclaimed. “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?” he started tapping the keyboard furiously, trying to get it back. But no such thing.

“Sehun! You saved it! Oh my god this is not good Joonmyeon is going to reprimand us and then Kris will kill us in our sleep!” he turned it off with one last hope that it would be okay when turned it on, but…

It wouldn’t turn itself on.

They had made short process with Joonmyeon’s computer and now it was officially dead. And if they were correct, they were as well.

At this point, Kyungsoo walked in, seeing Jongin and Sehun searching for plane tickets out of the country while panicking. He didn’t know if he wanted to know, but ended up asking anyways.

“hey… what are you doing?” he questioned as he moved closer. Sehun looked up with eyes wide open in fear.

“We broke his computer… Joonmyeon’s.”

 

And Kyungsoo decided he should probably inform the editor in chief about the circumstances anyways.

 


Kyungsoo didn't risk calling and texted them instead, here. Also, everyone should know that Joonmyeon's password is $urpremebos$. What else?