Tao's near death-experience (Grandpa joins Facebook and Kris is left out pt. 1/3)

The EXO Alternative post

A/N: It's been a month since I last updated, I'm really sorry. I've had so many tests and exams, I don't even know... Well, here is the new chapter! It's an arc (can I call it that?), so this is the first part of two. I have the second planned out already. Thank you again for reading! I love you all.


 

Half a week later Joonmyeon recovered (though Kris was still ill, but no one really cared) and returned to work. By then Sehun got reprimanded for writing four album reviews only bashing Justin Bieber and giving his music the ranking /10, Jongdae had broken another window, Baekhyun was locked in the freezer again and Luhan had written yet another article impossible to publish (even with Minseok’s editing). Chanyeol had also found a huge fan, and with help of the shredder he and Tao had recreated the infamous scene with the white sticky paper-like stuff from Psy’s Gangnam Style. No one cleaned that up either, so what was supposed to be an office looked like a winter wonderland. Kyungsoo had gone long tired trying to control them, and hid in the basement writing his is parts but not interacting with the others the whole time. At least none of them skipped, and everyone showed up for work.

Except the day Joonmyeon returned, and he found the destroyed office empty.

He had two different theories:

The first one was that everyone had suddenly died. He was sure Kris wouldn’t mind as their bills would drastically decrease and they would be able to pay for the reparation of the heater, but it would be kind of sad to see them dead, Joonmyeon thought. Even though they were his torments, the idiots that haunted his mind at night, they had grown on him. Kind of like a really weird family.

The second theory was that they had all escaped and was fleeing the country. Seeing how the office looked, the possibility suddenly didn’t seem so far-fetched after all. He wondered how they had managed to get Jongin’s jacket stuck to the ceiling fan. Also, he was a little bit puzzled by of the huge pile of tables and chairs that were placed in front of the storage-room with a big banner in front with the text “VIVE LE FRANCE” in bold letters (obviously at that time, he had never re-enacted the French revolution, so he couldn’t possibly know either).

For a second he looked out on the office that could hardly be called an office anymore. Then he realized that it was his office, the one he was supposed to work in, the one he had paid for. And he had a panic-attack because with everyone gone, who was left to clean this mess up? Kris was gone, after all.

 

At the same time, in an amusement park on the other side of Seoul.

All the employees met up at the front gates, ten minutes before it opened. They were pretty much the only ones there, which fit them perfectly.

“Okay, here’s the plan,” Jongdae said, pulling a map in front of him. “I’m going there, there and there. Yixing, you also better accompany on all the rides. Luhan, you’ll join us there.” He pointed at different places on the map, before looking up at the others. “What do you say? We go wherever we want for an hour, and then meet up here –” he pointed at a place with a sandwich-mark on it, “ –after that?”

As Jongdae obviously had this all planned out already and no one dared go against him, everyone nodded. “Sounds good,” they agreed. And then they all split up and ran in different directions.

 

Tao almost got away to the children’s park. Sadly, ‘almost’ wasn’t enough when he was trying to escape Sehun. The latter was quick and dragged him towards the tower-drop as soon as everyone split up in front of the gates of the amusement park. Ever since yesterday Tao was determined not to take the ride that slowly raised them in a tower a hundred meters above the ground, only to be dropped down again. But of course, Sehun always won (and Tao almost died).

It was twenty minutes since Tao had screamed so the people on the other side of the park heard him as he was dropped, and Luhan on his side honestly looked like he was going to throw up any second.

“I am NEVER trying that again!” he declared weakly. Jongdae and Yixing had dragged him with them on the biggest, fastest rollercoaster in the whole park, and even though he was deadly scared of heights he was no loser and of course joined. Jongdae knew of Luhan’s phobia, while Yixing only thought everyone liked rollercoasters. Jongdae had thought it was hilarious and even bought one of those pictures they take of you during the ride where Luhan looked like he was about to cry (and he probably had as well), while Yixing had to half-carry Luhan back with the latter’s arm slung over his shoulder.

Minseok on his side had won against the strongest man the amusement park claimed no one could beat four times already, and the little warm-up had made him hungry. He was just about to get some food when Jongdae called, stating he had killed Luhan. Although Minseok thought it was a little inconvenient that Luhan had to die right then, he sighed as he went to get his obviously dead boyfriend instead, meeting with Sehun and Tao (the latter who looked suspiciously like he had been crying) along the way.

Together they walked to meet up with the murderers of his boyfriend, and as soon as Luhan caught the glimpse of Minseok he let go of Yixing and threw himself around Minseok’s neck. “MINSEOK!” he hollered. “Jongdae is evil!”

As the oldest shot Jongdae an evil look – because he would have to deal with this kind of Luhan the rest of the day – he patted Luhan on the back, trying to reassure him.

“It’s okay,” he said. “Let’s go buy some food instead.” Then, without one word more, he turned around and walked to a nearby ice cream bar with Luhan still clinging to him, and Tao, Sehun, Jongdae and Yixing were left alone.

“So,” Jongdae smirked as he gave Sehun and Tao a mischievous look. “Anyone up for the rollercoaster?”

And as always, Sehun won and Tao died.

 

As Tao reached the peak of both his voice and the rollercoaster, Kyungsoo got a call. He had tried to separate himself from the others so he could walk around in peace (and not be forced on the rides they would make him join and he’d loose his merciless-image), but Jongin, Baekhyun and Chanyeol had hooked him the each of their arms and carried him towards the Love Tunnel-ride. It’s not that the three really wanted take it and be all cheesy, but they knew Kyungsoo hated stuff like that. And seeing him having to be in the same ride as Jongin for a whole tour in that kind of atmosphere? Precious, because he was going to freak out. And he did as well, as he ran out leaving Jongin behind. When he got the call it was ten minutes until they were supposed to meet, and he was currently playing whack-a-mole to get out his frustration. If the moles only looked like Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongin…

“Hello?” Kyungsoo said as soon as he picked up the phone. He was rapidly whacking away as he surpassed the high score by far, and leant the phone into his ear with the help of his shoulder.

“Uh… So? I need some help,” the familiar voice of Minseok replied, sounding like he was trying to keep a whole house together by his own two hands.

“What is it?” Kyungsoo didn’t usually hear Minseok like this, and let the hammer down.

“Well, we were going to get ice cream – Luhan and me I mean – but they got Luhan’s order wrong and now he’s kind of throwing a tantrum and – wait, let the ice cream cone down! Luhan not in the ear! – sorry. Anyways, we have nowhere to lock him up. Could you, uh, help me? - Luhan that thing costs money!”

Kyungsoo decided that if they were going to stay in the park the whole day, he would have to do something. He really wanted to take the Ferris Wheel and look out over Seoul as he dreamt of a life without the idiots he was working with now, but that wouldn’t be an option if they were thrown out because Luhan smashed an ice cream cone in the ear of some dude.

He was pretty sure he heard someone suspiciously like Tao scream "NOOO NOT ME OH MY GOD SAVE MEEE!" but that had to be hallucinations. Maybe the herbal tea was kicking in late.

 


 

sorry for the lack of the usual crack. I don't really know anymore... Here is by the way what Kyungsoo wrote while locked in the basement. Tip: If you're a long time kpop-fan you might recognize some of the "anonymous" people. They're all leaders of their respective groups, one is female while the others are male.

Also, about the tower-drop Tao was forced on. I tried it in Liseberg in Sweden, and it was 116 meters tall. Pretty terrifying, yes.