Kyungsoo's miserable day

The EXO Alternative post

A/N: I think I forgot where I wanted to go with this story, if I ever had a destination. It's rather entertaining to write anyways.

Also, thank you to everyone who subscribed/commented/upvoted! It means a lot, I didn't really think people would read this. Thanks for taking time to read the weird nonsense my brain comes up with >_>

 


 

One day, about two weeks after they moved in, Joonmyeon didn’t appear as he usually did. The clock on the wall passed eight and then nine, but no editor-in-chief ever came.

“This is weird,” Chanyeol commented as he threw a bouncing ball at the wall repeatedly, bored to death.

Minseok, who sat on the table beside him, looked up from Luhan’s latest article (WHAT THE HELL IS THE DEAL WITH NORWEGIANS AND THEIR SKIING). “You could try working,” he suggested, to which Chanyeol just shook his head.

“Nah,” he said. “Myeonnie and Kris aren’t here, so there’s no one to pester me about it either way.” Not caring to take it further, Minseok just shrugged and turned to his own work again. Kris never appeared until ten anyways, so until he could come and terrorize the employees, they didn’t pester each other about work.

Suddenly, and a couple of arms found their way around Chanyeol’s neck. “You know, I really don’t feel like working today,” a known voice admitted. The corners of Chanyeol’s mouth tugged, quickly spreading into a grin.

“Hey, wanna get out of here, Baek?” he whispered with a mischievous tone in his voice. Baekhyun nodded, and they were halfway through the room before a person blocked their way.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Kyungsoo asked with his eyebrows raised, arms crossed. He knew what would happen if those two were let out – a whole lot of paperwork him as he would be forced to write what they didn’t, and a fuming Kris. And he wanted neither.

“Uh, you know…” Chanyeol stammered, looking down on the not-so-tall but very scary right hand man of the devil.

Then he quickly pushed Baekhyun out of the way and hugged Kyungsoo so the latter’s feet didn’t even touch the ground.

“RUN BAEK, I’ll hold him back!” he screamed hysterically as Kyungsoo started kicking him in the shin, demanding to be set free. Baekhyun nodded and sprinted out, leaving Chanyeol to wrestle with the inhumanly powerful person in his arms. He quickly counted to three in his head not to back out as the real coward he was, and then he quickly let go of Kyungsoo, using the half second the latter was confused as to actually be let down to run after Baekhyun. He succeeded, and a rather shocked Kyungsoo was left. When did those two idiots get so smart?

“Kyungie,” someone whispered in the ear of the still fuming Kyungsoo who was, once again, left to do the idiot-couple’s articles. If it had been someone else calling him that (or just called him) he would have hit them, but as he knew the voice he didn’t strangle the someone, at least.

“What?” he muttered, planning on which method he was going to use to kill Baekhyun and Chanyeol when they got back. He had already tried to lock Baekhyun in the freezer, but the only thing that happened was that when he was let out after four hours, his body temperature was lower.

“Calm down,” Jongin continued to whisper, and Kyungsoo could actually feel himself relax. “And then we can go home and eat dinner and cuddle and…” this was only getting better, and Jongin was definitely not himself because the Jongin he knew only mentioned one thing following the sentence “go home”.

“And then we can have ,” Jongin grinned, his voice returning to normal.

Kyungsoo’s anger again instantly, spinning around. “YOU ING –” he started exclaiming in a loud voice before someone interrupted him, once again.

“Hey, Kyungsoo,” someone shouted from the other side of the room.

WHAT?” he asked, his killer-stare going from Jongin to the new person butting in.

“Uh,” Yixing furred his eyebrows. “”You want some herbal tea? It’s good for calming down.” He said with a dreamy smile.

Kyungsoo’s eyes narrowed, lifting en eyebrow suspiciously. “Did you put any of your ‘special herbs’ into it?”

“What do you mean, special herbs?”

“Last time, you gave Kris your special mixture and he hallucinated the rest of the day, talking with an invisible unicorn. He still believes he saw one,” Jongin shot in from behind Kyungsoo.

“That was one time!”

“I still have nightmares.”

Ignoring Jongin, Kyungsoo sighed. “Bring it on,”

 

Kyungsoo actually thought things were quite nice by now. Yixing had made him a cup of white tea, and due the fact that he hadn’t been seeing unicorns or anything like it yet, he decided it was safe. He sat with his legs crossed on his desk, sighing happily as he enjoyed the momentary silence. A little bit after Baekhyun and Chanyeol left they had gotten a message from Joonmyeon regarding why he wasn’t there, which turned out to be because he had caught a cold. At the arrival of the news the culture journalist, Oh Sehun, had perked up, finally seeing his chance to write whatever he wanted. Joonmyeon was always telling him no to the article he had wanted to write for ages, so he quickly scrapped his current article (which was three sentences of nothing he had stared on for three days straight) and got working. For once, peace was actually found in the office. Things were in fact quite ni –

“I have arrived!” A tall guy strolled through the doors, carrying a very fashionable thing under his arm.

“You’re still not off with the purse?” someone (who later turned out to be Sehun) muttered as the taller walked past. Just glaring in the direction the voice continued forward, defending his case by insisting it was a book bag.

When he got to the front of the room where his desk was, he looked out on the working employees. Minseok was doing his work, Luhan was locked in the closet again, Jongdae was playing Pacman, Yixing was sleeping on the table, Jongin was sitting by Kyungsoo’s feet like a puppy and Kyungsoo himself was enjoying a cup of tea. Sehun and Tao were laughing as silently as they could (a failed attempt) at something they were watching on the latter’s computer and Baekhyun and Chanyeol were…. Not there.

“Hey, Kyungsoo!” Kris said, sitting down in his place. Out of all of them, Kyungsoo was the most mature and when Joonmyeon and Kris themselves weren’t around, he had the responsibility of keeping things going. Also, he looked way too comfortable where he currently sat.

Kyungsoo looked up from his tea, raising an eyebrow to show that Kris had his attention.

“Where is Chanyeol and Baekhyun, exactly?”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “They ran away. I don’t know, suddenly they got smart.”

A sceptical look started form on Kris’ face. “But they wrote their articles?”

“You think?” Kyungsoo snorted. “Joonma’s not here, and do you think they would to it on their own?”

“So we still have two full articles to write, without our respective journalists responsible for them.”

“Spot on.”

“Great! Then you can just write them instead.”

“What? I mean, WHAT? I ING REFUSE TO –”

 

And so, Kyungsoo was locked in the closet with Luhan.

 


Featuring the article Kyungsoo ended up writing after all here.