Back

Hidden Behind The Mask

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Do Kyungsoo, The Once-Best-Listener

cr ; tumblr.

 

P/S :: So i don't know which style of POV that suits this story. I'm trying with this style.

Do comment which style is better. Thank you ^^

 


 

The cafeteria was noisy with students' chattering, laughing, playing. So much for a peaceful dine. Located in the centre of cafeteria was a table that was filled with The Ace. Sometimes, students glanced over there as in wishing to be part of them but they knew 6 of them were already beyond perfect. They sighed. The Ace were chattering like always. Study, sports, gossips and yes, the hottest news. A new hot student had transferred. Well, that was the main topic for today.

 

"He's your classmates, right Sehun?" Seeing Sehun wasn't giving any interest in replying her, Soo Bin looked at Chanyeol. "Ahh.. yea, he is" Soo Bin nodded but she was kinda weird with the atmosphere today. Seems like only Nana and her the only one who were in the mood for talking today. Even the bubbly Chae just stayed quite the rest of eating. Nana too, of course, realise this but both just shrugged the thought off and continued talking. The other three were in their forever thought. As for Chae Min's case, she wasn't thinking. She's searching for someone. For Kyungsoo. Her eyes wandered throughout the cafeteria but still no sign of him. She shifted a little. Does he has a table? her mind unconsciously worrying over Kyungsoo.

 

"Chanyeol, have you seen Luhan?" Nana suddenly asked. Now that she asked, they realised that Luhan's nowhere to be seen. Sehun looked up. "Luhan? Soccer team" Everyone nodded. "Ahh.. there's Luhan!" Chanyeol pointed to the soccer team who had just entered the cafe. Luhan walked to the table afterwards.

 

"Hye Chae~" he sang and Chae Min replied with a force smile. "Hey, another tournament?" she asked.

 

"Yeah, seems like I'm the player again" Luhan bragged making Chanyeol pretending to throw up. They laughed. "Know about the new student?" Soo Bin directed the question towards Luhan. "Do Kyungsoo, right?" Chae Min coughed.They looked at Chae Min concern but she said it's okay. He's famous already or what? Like knowing Chae Min's mind, luhan continued talking, "Kai sunbaenim knows him. They are cousins, something like that"

 

"Kai sunbae?! Your gorgeous captain?!" Nana excited upon hearing the name. "Seems so. But that Kyungsoo gets teh face, why not bring him to the group?" Luhan suggested. Chae Min stopped eating, put down her chopsticks and took a deep breath. Kyungsoo is not going to ruin my already perfect high school lfe. "I'm done eating. Mdm Jung needs to see me. See you guys later, okay?" Chae Min tried to make it as normal as possible. Soo Bin and Nana nodded and waved her.

 

_______________________

 

"Is Chae okay?" Nana mumbled but heard by the others. "She's not being like usual. Maybe she has some problems?" Luhan added. Sehun quietly eating while Chanyeol suddenly said, "She's okay this morning but the moment the new kid gets in, her mood totally changed". "Weird......Ahaaa oh maybe that Kyungsoo is her ex?!" Soo Bin slightly shrieked. That made the trio looked at Soo Bin, disbelief. "Impossible, kyungsoo's from America" Sehun talked. "My theory's wrong. Luhan's right, maybe Chae has problems" "Guess so..."

 

"But why wouldn't tell us, We're her friends, right?" Nana questioned.

 

"yeah.. we are" Soo Bin trailed.

 

"Bubbly Chae's fading, huh?" Sehun quietly said between his breath.

 

"Attention to Oh Sehun, please see Mdm Jung right now, thank you" He groaned hearing the announcement. "Must be some school stuff. Oh Sehun, my brother, relax, okay?" Chanyeol patted his back and laughed, imagining the long-long speech that Sehun's gonna hear.

 

"I hate you"

 

"No worries. I love me"

 

"See yaaa~~~~" Luhan sang.

 

_______________________

 

Kang Chae Min pushed the things on her table, slamming all the things that she could find. She screamed in hatred. She tossed out the notes that she got from Kyungsoo. I hate. I hate you. She sobbed. She plopped down onto the cold floor and hugged her knees. She cried in this despair. She's the flower of despair. Miss me?! You miss me?! She kicked the chair in front slightly. Being seated next to Kyungsoo just made things worse. Afterall this times, I wonder our friendship is out of pity or guilt...I bet it's both. She later stood up and collected her stuff and arranged it like before. Chae Min wiped the tears away and plastered the beautiful smile that students been liking her for.

 

Chae, Do Kyungsoo has never existed in your life. He's just a temporary character. Nothing meaningful. Stay cool. Inhale, exhale. Remember you're the bubbly Chae who's everyone loves. Keep that in mind. She tied her hair into a ponytail and walked out of the classroom like nothing happened. Little did she remembered to take the notes. Even worse it landed right on Sehun's spot. Relax, that type of grumbled notes was just rubbish. Sure Sehun would just threw it away.

 

Sure, they looked like rubbish. 

 

Why won't Sehun throw it away, right?

 

_________________________

 

The 45 minutes of recess ended as the bell rang. The students went to ther respective class. Class 9A1 packed with students slowly. Sehun, Chanyeol with Chae Min walked in with smiles on their face.

 

"My Chae, I'm glad you're back" Chanyeol ruffled her hair. She blew out her bangs and pouted but later grinned. "Me too"

 

"You're okay just now?" Sehun for the first time ever as ked. She looked at him weirdly. "Urm no..I..I mean.. you're quite having a mood. We are concern 'bout you, that's all" He said coldly with that poker face of him. "Aww~ you do worried about me? That's really cute of you" Chae Min slung her arms at sehun's waist and Sehun like always told her to let go. "Chae Min" someone called for her. "Yea?" she answered and faced the owner of rhe voice. She cleared . It's Kyungsoo. "Woah,you know him or what?" Chanyeol interrupted. 

 

"Ye-" "Of course, he sat beside me in the class, remember?" Kyungsoo looked away. "Oh yeah, I'm Kyungsoo by the way but I prefer D.O more" He held out his arms towards Chanyeol for a hand shake.

 

'Is this American ways? Kidding. I'm Chanyeol and this is Sehun" Sehun slightly nodded.

 

"This is Chae Min. You already know that. She's my princess"

 

"Oh right. He just kidding. D.O, I'm no one" She didn't know why but a part of her wanted to keep kyungsoo  knew that she's still single.

 

Then, they got back to their seats. Kyungsoo to his seat. Chae Min and him went silent for a moment until he started to talk. "Chae, look, I'm sorry fo-" "D.O, right? I'm tring to do my work here and I appreciate it if you just stay quiet" She knew Kyungsoo was hurt but this was the only thing she could do to run from reality.Then, a piece of post-it was handed to her by Kyungsoo.

 

Oh I swear to you, I'll be there for you, this is not a drive by. Remember it Chae? We'd always communicate like this by small notes. I miss the old moments. If you have any problems, I'm your best listener. Kyungsoo<3

 

She read it and tried to compose herself. He's lying, Chae. He's lying. Her inner voice said. She didn't say anything throughout the lessons. The teacher caught her off guard, too many times in Chae's history. Chanyeol turned to her and asked if she was okay, she replied with a weak smile. She's too numb to even realise that from the start of the class, Sehun had been  studying her. Stealing glances over her and Kyungsoo. Chae, what is it with you and that D.O guy? He crumpled the small notes he found and kept it safe. I'll find out about this. Truth doesnt always hide, Chae. 

 

The minute the bell rang meaning the school session had ended. Students quickly preparing to get back to their dorms. Chae too seemed quite eager than ever to go. "Chae, hurry up!" Chanyeol shouted for her.

 

"D.O meet me at the garden after dinner today" she whispered. Kyungsoo looked at her with confused look but Chae had gone towards them. She realised the she couldn't run from reality. 

 

Because no matter what, she lives in reality.

 

Either she wanted it or not.

 


 

 

H3y guys :) I think i can't update this as regular as before but im not going to abandon this story. This is my first ever story and i hope you, yes, you, who are reading this give lots of love to this fic.

The thing is im so busy with assignments and all. Yeah, university life , hate it :((

But yeah stay tune and do do do do do d.o subscribe. Thanks \\ (° ^ °) // Saranghae~~~

 

☆ chanchenhan ★